2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Yes we can think. But it didn't happen.

Hibs fan ran into the pitch not to fight. Rangers dicks ran into the pitch to fight. Period. Yes some and a very few hibs fans had a go at the players which is unacceptable, hope they get done. But the mass majority were celebrating... It was glorious. I'm a Loon, but I do believe we all sat as neutrals, thought yas go on yersels when it happened

Yep. I'll admit to that. At the time I thought "shouldnae have done that, but understandable given the last minute goal and the 114 years stuff" and then when Liam McLeod starting going on about it being like 1980 I was shouting at the telly telling him to behave. 

Now in the cold light of two days later I'm a wee bit less pumped up for the Hibees and a wee bit more inclined to agree that they should have stayed in their places.  However at 4.50 on Saturday, who could have predicted that some neds would hit players or that Rangers fans would come onto the park to fight with the neds?

As usual, the fannies on all sides spoil it for everyone else.

. No mention - a passing one in McLeod's commentary aside after the first goal - of the two smoke bombs in the Rangers end in the game. Given the Daily Record's hysterical reaction to everything in the aftermath of the match it's surprising this wasn't mentioned, given their own front page piece on the dangers of flares and smoke bombs in the week before the match.

A Rangers supporting mate who was at the game and in the section next to where the smoke was let off was extremely pissed off by it. He said they couldn't see most of the pitch through the smoke and could hardly breath because of the acrid fumes. Many of the fans round about him complained to stewards and police, pointing out the area where the first flare came from and they did nothing about it. A female fan took a steward to the exact spot the smoke came from and pointed out the group who had done it, again nothing was done. The two flares later on in the match came from exactly the same place.

It's worth mentioning in light of all this that stewards have absolutely zero power to prevent a pitch invasion. I used to be one during uni and all you get told is to put your arms out and shout to discourage them and specifically not to run after anyone. At the end of the day if you've got hundreds of people running down the stairs and through/over the gate you're meant to be standing in front of, by getting in their way all you're doing is creating a bottleneck and a crush. Fair enough if it's just a couple of bams but when it's at that level there is zero chance of being able to stop anyone.

https://forzapapac.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/no-apology-no-surrender/

"In near thirty years of going to football matches both at home and abroad Saturday was the worst scene I have ever experienced."

"Will we have to wait 27 years for our version of justice?"

I was at the match in the West Stand and let me make it clear: No Rangers fans ran onto the field of play until it became clear that Rangers players were being violently attacked by Hibernian animals.

Such was the fear for our players lives that they were presented with their medals in the changing area.

A Rangers supporting mate who was at the game and in the section next to where the smoke was let off was extremely pissed off by it. He said they couldn't see most of the pitch through the smoke

The Manchester riots were sparked by a big screen failure preventing them from seeing a cup final too. Extremely lucky that nobody in that West Stand was hospitalised.

The Rangers establishment being portrayed as Irish Catholics now?

carefulnow.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter