2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

That rangers statement should/will go down in P&B history as the definition of 'verge of tears'. That and 'Bears Fightback' on Twitter are as glorious as they are tragic.

They win and expect the 'diddy teams' to accept it but when someone else wins its toys out the pram.

Well done Hibs, genuinely cheered on the train when I saw they got the winner. Enjoy it! It only comes around every 114 years...

Excellent totally deserved throughout the season Hibs have been an excellent football team. Just seen the highlights could've been five or six today.

Lost count of how many top league sides they beat this season.  In the cup run alone:

• Hearts after being 2 down;
  • Inverness away after the disappointment of losing the League Cup final
  • now the great rangers side for the third time this season 

So anyone who said this side lacked bottle doesn't really know their football.

Pity the rangers fans came onto the pitch if any set of supporters should understand an emotional pitch invasion I thought if would be them considering - Barcelona '72, Aberdeen '87

I love how the smoke bombs have been completely swept under the rug as well.

Indeed.

16287lk.jpg

How did those gallant defenders of law and order respond?

2m67bd4.jpg

j8e80w.jpg

23shgp.jpg

I take it Rangers will demand a full enquiry as to why no action was taken by Police Scotland or Hampden stewards to stop this being done exclusively over at the Rangers end during the match, & for the identification of the culprits so the appropriate action can be taken?

Yip, just watched it over a few times and a Hibs fan (in jeans) just meanders into the center circle and lies down.

I'd 'Gif' it if it was Youtube.

post-21687-14638785458022_thumb.jpg

No Youngsy I don't hate Rangers. I don't feel anything at all for them. I live in the West and many of my friends and colleagues are gers supporters and we have great banter between us. But your responses are typical of "everybody hates us" mentality. If more Rangers supporters stood up and realized that invading pitches, and fighting supporters and singing stupid. Sectarianism songs (I'm no Catholic either) and clinging to history that's irrelevant to football then I'm sure it would lead to greater benevolence

Hibs deserved it on the number of chances they created alone, no complaints on the result at all. They started far brighter and were clearly 'more up for it' throughout for me. Our defending was awful for both Stokes's goals and not much better for Gray's winner.

High point for us, Halliday's terrific strike.

Only the harshest of critics would deny Stubbs and his side a piece of silverware from this season's efforts, congratulations are merited.

Disappointing to say the least for us today but we've had a cracking season, it's great to back in the mix.

As for the stuff at the end, the least said the better.

Roll on next season. Follow Follow

What a fucking day, one I'll never forget. Tony stokes performance was brilliant. Can barely remember anything about the game as I was that nervous. Feel really glad for all the old boys the day, a lot of them were in tears. They probably thought this day would never come. I said before the county final that the Hibs support deserved our day in the sun. We finally got it today. Still not sunk in. Saw Stubbs interview after the match, could feel myself tearing up.

Indeed.

16287lk.jpg

How did those gallant defenders of law and order respond?

23shgp.jpg

I take it Rangers will demand a full enquiry as to why no action was taken by Police Scotland or Hampden stewards to stop this being done exclusively over at the Rangers end during the match, & for the identification of the culprits so the appropriate action can be taken?

I know it was wrong of the fans to bring the smoke bombs in but that photo is pretty fucking epic to be fair. 

A wee shove on the goalie is out of order but hardly anything overly serious.

Well done to the Hibees getting it up that lot and making them show their colours.

ITN news at 10 headlines included "Scottish Cup final ends in violence" and shows Hibs fans in euphoria celebrating  (no violence in clip at all). Knew that this would be made a meal of.

On the other hand the next person that says "but they've waited 114 years for this..." is due a kick in the pie.

Not one fan has waited 114 years unless they are older than 114. Not one.

According to Wikipedia there are only 9 people in the entire WORLD who were born when Hibs last won the Scottish Cup.  It was not recorded if they were Hibs fans...