2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Aye, i was there. Maybe you should look into the provocation by Villa fans towards the Rangers fans and the fact that they were supporting the IRA bombing campaign against the citizens of their own city which happened a mere 18 months earlier before you try and take the moral high ground. Also maybe you should take into account that Villa fans weren't exactly upstanding citizens that day either as you seem to ignore the fact that Rangers players had to get off the pitch pretty quick also, or maybe that bit of

revisionism doesn't sit too well with you.  Give it a rest, son, ffs.

This is incredible, even by Youngsy's usual dribblingly low standards.

:lol: :lol:

I'm pretty sure that Police, Army, Fire etc are not subject to the same hours directives as the rest of the population because their jobs can involve unpredictable circumstances and ones which could cause serious issues if they had to clock off when their shift was over.

You really so seem very keen to side with Rangers on this issue.

I'm fairly certain they're not working 16 and half hour shifts, as that would significantly decrease their ability to do their job properly so, yeah, I'm highly doubtful of the claim they've been on since 8am.

Do I? Maybe you should read the part where I've said Rangers fans are entirely to blame as well then.

So if it was Rangers fans who went on to the pitch to celebrate a win you'd have no complaints whatsoever, or are you just another hypocrite?  Think we know the answer to that.

Pitch invasions are, sadly, things to be avoided.

Did it myself a few times years ago when Saints won promotion. It was brilliant, and as far as I can remember there was never any violence.

In theory, pitch invasions should be fine, but the problem is usually not with the winners, but when the losers decide they don't like what they're seeing.

If it's a league winning thing, it's usually fine, as the opposition are rarely in contention.

In cup games though, especially when last minute winners happen, you have one elated group and one completely deflated group.

Bottom line is that both sets of fans are to blame. Hibs don't come on to the pitch, neither do Rangers.

But Hibs DID come on to the pitch to celebrate their win.

Why did Rangers come on to the pitch - and don't say to defend their players.

Err, so now your saying that all Villa fans are IRA supporters! lol

Where did i say that ALL Villa fans wereIRA supporters? Please point that out. However the fact is that a Villa fan, on that day, were chanting about the IRA, a mere 18 months after their city had been bombed by those terrorists.  However let's not derail from this thread about the Scottish Cup Final. Quite sad from you, actually.

This is incredible, even by Youngsy's usual dribblingly low standards.

F ucking hell, are you still alive? Long time since i've read anything from you of any significance from you on here, in fact let me amend that, i can not remember you posting or contributing anything of any significance or interest from you at any time on this forum.   :)

My main concern here are the alleged assaults on the Rangers players. This is clearly a serious matter, and anyone who has participated in this can have no complaints when they're given a football banning order.

Hibs were always going to get fined for the pitch invasion, but such punishment will be more severe given what happened.

Rangers have every right to be angry if their players have been assaulted, but the behaviour of their own fans ought to have drawn criticism as well - sectarian songs and of course their own part in the pitch invasion. There was no need for Rangers fans to be on the pitch, and "being provoked" isn't an excuse. Smoke bombs are generally looked upon dimly as well, so they are looking at a fine as well.

The whole thing has been blown well out of proportion. Beyond the assaults on Rangers players, it is worthy of little more than a shrug. Hopefully the alleged assaults are investigated and the perpetrators punished appropriately.

Hibs win cup,

Hibs fan celebrate cup win by pitch invasion,

Sevco players shit themselves,

Sevco players walk quick paced off,

Sevco fans invade pitch for a fight,

Hibs fans fight back,

Police enter scene,

Sevco fans shit themselves,

Sevco fans feel hard done by after loss and shitting themselves,

Media agree as it was meant to be Sevco that lifted the cup,

Media blame Hibs.

Pitch invasions are, sadly, things to be avoided.

Did it myself a few times years ago when Saints won promotion. It was brilliant, and as far as I can remember there was never any violence.

In theory, pitch invasions should be fine, but the problem is usually not with the winners, but when the losers decide they don't like what they're seeing.

If it's a league winning thing, it's usually fine, as the opposition are rarely in contention.

In cup games though, especially when last minute winners happen, you have one elated group and one completely deflated group.

Bottom line is that both sets of fans are to blame. Hibs don't come on to the pitch, neither do Rangers.

But Hibs DID come on to the pitch to celebrate their win.

Why did Rangers come on to the pitch - and don't say to defend their players.

Over the years of the SC Final, leaving aside the 1980 riot, when has any fans of any club came onto Hampden after winning the SC to celebrate winning the trophy? There was no justification for Hibs fans to go onto the pitch to celebrate their win, none whatsoever and the Rangers fans who went on  had no justification either. However Hibs fans don't go on, Rangers fans don't go on, easy as that.

Edited by youngsy

F ucking hell, are you still alive? Long time since i've read anything from you of any significance from you on here, in fact let me amend that, i can not remember you posting or contributing anything of any significance or interest from you at any time on this forum.   :)

You seemed interested enough to invite me to your family wedding a few years back, you utter fucking weirdo.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/133618-scotlands-shame-again/page-3?hl=%2Bpapa+%2Bjacques#entry4711457

Edited by jupe1407

Where did i say that ALL Villa fans wereIRA supporters? Please point that out. However the fact is that a Villa fan, on that day, were chanting about the IRA, a mere 18 months after their city had been bombed by those terrorists. However let's not derail from this thread about the Scottish Cup Final. Quite sad from you, actually.

Let it go comrade it's embarrassing.

Oh my quite clearly talking shite there, we arent bound by the working time regulations, police officers are appointed to a public office, not employees, thus not bound by it, Ive worked many times from 7am- after midnight. There you have it a link from the police as requested.

You're a pen pusher, not on the front line.

Stop trying to be a hero and get they paper lips sorted.

Wimp.