2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

you fell of a scooter :lol:

Yip, ridicule deserved, but I still managed to do myself more damage than Wallaces alleged assault did.

Will he appear tomorrow in a neck brace?  :P

Scooters are actually great fun when you don't fall off them.

Nope.

I'm just not a fucking embarrassment of a human who has to go onto the pitch as some sort of 'celebration'.

It's a game of football. Go back to the pub and get pished. Going onto the pitch achieves nothing but fines for your club and potential for situations like today.

I take it you're suffering from a bout of amnesia? Dens Park, 3 May 2014.

I think there are a few undisputed facts in this whole situation:

- Hibs deserved to win the game.

How are you doing Brad?  Not seen you posting for ages.  You've been missed.

The minor pitch incursion was trivial - little more than handbags.  Plus it adds to the entertainment of what was a an engrossing 90 minutes.  Scottish Cup football which may have lacked a touch of quality but was terrific.

Disagree. I make no excuses for the Hibs fans who headed for the Rangers end and attempted topic revoke a reaction. Why they did so rather than celebrate their clubs historic cup win with their own fans is a mystery. However this type of pitch invasion occurs on numerous occasions every year up and down the country, with the violence that followed today's.

There isn't "only one set of fans to blame", there is fault on both sides. Had Rangers fans not reacted we wouldn't have had the on field fighting. In addition the police and stewards would have been in a far better position to protect the players/officials and deal with those Hibs fans intent on trouble, rather than having to focus on separating rival fans.

The Hibs fans who did attack players/officials will hopefully be identified and dealt with, but let's not kid ourselves on here. Both sets of supporters deserve criticism.

The biggest shame in all of this though is the fact we are discussing the behaviours of fans after what was a tremendous football match.

Exactly. There's blame on both sides.

I seem to remember the Killie fans invading the pitch at Rugby Park when they relegated us on the last game of the season. Their fans goaded the Falkirk support but we didn't react. The result was alot of annoyed Falkirk fans leaving the stadium as the Killie fans celebrated.

The lack of reaction of the fans who's team lost is the main difference here,but both sets of fans need to take some responsibility.

I don't mind the pitch invasion, it happens fairly regularly down south at the playoffs etc and there's rarely any real bother from what I've seen.

Obviously if fans attacked players then it's completely unacceptable. Goading is less unacceptable but still likely to cause a reaction.

As I said, it's a shame in a way, as it was a cracking final with chances galore at either end.

Edited by MattBairn

Did anyone else think that it was a pretty damn good game of football? Especially for a final. They're usually cagey affairs but not this one. Quite enjoyed it.

It was a great game and hell of a lot better than the FA Cup Final.