2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

its sad that the main discussion point now is about what happened after an edge of the seat game of football

everyone had a choice  run onto the pitch or not, goad the opposition fans or not, act violently or not

makes no difference if it was hibs or rangers fans who took to violence it was disgusting and ruined the day

You're right enough there, aye. 

Fair point.

To be honest that shows f**k all, some guy goes down in the centre circle in slow motion but it's impossible to say who it is.

Looks more like a Hibs top than a Rangers one to me.....And it looks like he has jeans on.

Lots of hugging can be seen quite clearly though.  :huh:

Yip, just watched it over a few times and a Hibs fan (in jeans) just meanders into the center circle and lies down.

I'd 'Gif' it if it was Youtube.

:lol:

Loads of Rangers fans doing their nut over that video.

It's conclusive evidence to them and should be sent for Nicola Sturgeons urgent attention.  :1eye

that's a purple away shirt not a blue rangers shirt?

my eyes only see what they want me to see :lol:

was that halliday pavement dancing before being pointed in the direction of the tunnel?

Get it fucking round you

The guy in the red jacket got knocked out @19secs

Same time in the video, the chap wearing a grey/white wig standing near the goals gets completely leveled by someone in a hoodie.

Edited by Parscelona

I think there are a few undisputed facts in this whole situation:

- Hibs fans shouldn't have ran on the pitch. It's an utterly minor infraction though and you can't really blame them for it. 

- The running to the Rangers end in a highly goading manner in such a volatile atmosphere is always going to end up in trouble. It's not right that Rangers fans retaliated but it was literally retaliation going by the video showing the fans attacking the Rangers players/staff. Equally, no Rangers fans should've entered the pitch.

- Every single fan involved in violence should be hit to the full extend of the law.

- Rangers' bigoted singing was, as usual, an embarrassment.

- Hibs deserved to win the game.

And, in my opinion so I guess not a fact, the people who are deriding the Rangers fans whilst turning a blind eye to the Hibs fans' actions aren't looking at the situation objectively. 

Once again a showcase game of Scottish football - often involving Rangers, I'll admit - makes the headlines for all the wrong reasons and the football on display, a couple of decent finishes aside, was largely primitive; much like the behaviour of several thousand of our people. I'm as big a critic of the Rangers support as anyone but if you were to put the 'aggressor' label on either set of fans then there's only one winner. 

Just hope that's the end of the violence really. Wouldn't not be shocked tomorrow to wake up to headlines of stabbings and riots throughout Glasgow, such is the stupidity of an abhorrent section of the Scottish football - and yes, Rangers' - support.

Na sorry, all this you can understand Hibs going on the pitch stuff is shite. I watched St Johnstone win our first major trophy in 129 and it was one of the best days I can remember, but didn't feel the need to run on the park. Am I less of a fan? A few hundred Hibs fans tainted what should have been one of the best days in the football supporting lives of all Hibs fans. Selfish wee fannies. And if it was just a celebration, why run over and goad the rangers fans? If assault of players is true then that's even more embarrassing. Unfortunately big games seem to bring out the arseholes in many supports. Probably been said elsewhere, but even in victory Hibs hibsed it.

Rangers with the sectarian singing and smoke bombs also deserve to be hammered.

I'd ban both clubs from taking part in the Scottish cup next season. A fine does f**k all. Until it's punished severely, you're going to get daft wee fannies at other clubs copying more and more.

Sorry Jordo but that's complete bollocks.

Some Rangers fans went onto the park. They were reacting to a large number of Hibs fans who had gone onto the park and tried to get to the Rangers fans end to cause trouble. Then theres the Hibs fans who assaulted Rangers players and staff.

The sight of mounted police and a line of officers the width of Hampden is shameful and theres only 1 set of fans to blame for it. Theres no defence for the Rangers fans who reacted and entered the pitch to confront the Hibs fans but compared to the actions of those Hibs fans? Its a minor issue.

Disagree. I make no excuses for the Hibs fans who headed for the Rangers end and attempted topic revoke a reaction. Why they did so rather than celebrate their clubs historic cup win with their own fans is a mystery. However this type of pitch invasion occurs on numerous occasions every year up and down the country, with the violence that followed today's.

There isn't "only one set of fans to blame", there is fault on both sides. Had Rangers fans not reacted we wouldn't have had the on field fighting. In addition the police and stewards would have been in a far better position to protect the players/officials and deal with those Hibs fans intent on trouble, rather than having to focus on separating rival fans.

The Hibs fans who did attack players/officials will hopefully be identified and dealt with, but let's not kid ourselves on here. Both sets of supporters deserve criticism.

The biggest shame in all of this though is the fact we are discussing the behaviours of fans after what was a tremendous football match.

Did anyone else think that it was a pretty damn good game of football? Especially for a final. They're usually cagey affairs but not this one. Quite enjoyed it.

It was an excellent game, more the shame as it will get lost in all the nonsense.

It was an excellent game, more the shame as it will get lost in all the nonsense.

I had to laugh at the pundits constantly going on about how it was a shame that they weren't talking about the game and carry on talking about the celebrations.

They could have just started talking about the game!

Disagree. I make no excuses for the Hibs fans who headed for the Rangers end and attempted topic revoke a reaction. Why they did so rather than celebrate their clubs historic cup win with their own fans is a mystery. However this type of pitch invasion occurs on numerous occasions every year up and down the country, with the violence that followed today's.

There isn't "only one set of fans to blame", there is fault on both sides. Had Rangers fans not reacted we wouldn't have had the on field fighting. In addition the police and stewards would have been in a far better position to protect the players/officials and deal with those Hibs fans intent on trouble, rather than having to focus on separating rival fans.

The Hibs fans who did attack players/officials will hopefully be identified and dealt with, but let's not kid ourselves on here. Both sets of supporters deserve criticism.

The biggest shame in all of this though is the fact we are discussing the behaviours of fans after what was a tremendous football match.

I can totally understand Hibs fans running on the pitch, it's not something I'd do, but fair enough.

Running to goad opponents however is shite, enjoy your moment.

And as for rangers fans, idiots support Rangers, quelle surprise.