When has your team Hibs'd it?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been numerous occasions down the years when I've seen Motherwell 'Hibs it' and we made a bit of a habit of it under Stuart McCall, for all his relative success at Fir Park.

The ones that spring to mind are; Losing to a semi professional Icelandic outfit in the Europa League despite leading 2-0 at Fir Park, chucking that away to draw 2-2 then leading 1-0 and 2-1 in the away leg before losing 2-3 in extra time; Losing 0-2 at Ibrox in 2012 in the first season after Rangers folded and the newco came into existence with a stinking performance against a 'Rangers' side with their 'best' players missing; drawing 3-3 with Aberdeen at Pittodrie three days before that debacle despite going 3-1 up in the 84th minute; losing 0-2 at home to 10 man Aberdeen in the League Cup QF and failing to even get a shot on target and finally losing to Albion fooking Rovers in the Scottish Cup that same season after McCall made a rip roaring c**t of selection and tactics(again).

McCall and Hibs would actually be a really good match when you come to think of it.

Losing 4-1 to Dumbarton was very Hibsy of us

That's the one that sticks out. Last season we were pretty Hibsy as well. We looked pretty much confirmed for top 6, pushing for Europe with one of our best sides in years (if not ever), then Norwich came calling :(

The 2009/2010 Challenge Cup final against Dundee at McDiarmid.

Absolutely cigaring it 2-0 at half time then Jocky Scott fires several rockets up the anus of every Dundee player and they score 3 in about 200 seconds. A colossal detachment of head from the shoulders of Dougie Imrie 5 minutes after coming on compounds the day.

Dundee Hibs'd it that season too I think.  Can a Dee remind me what it was?

The 2009/2010 Challenge Cup final against Dundee at McDiarmid.

Absolutely cigaring it 2-0 at half time then Jocky Scott fires several rockets up the anus of every Dundee player and they score 3 in about 200 seconds. A colossal detachment of head from the shoulders of Dougie Imrie 5 minutes after coming on compounds the day.

Dundee Hibs'd it that season too I think. Can a Dee remind me what it was?

Jocky's half time team talk for that game was basically him telling the players 'Thanks for getting me the sack' along with a few expletives thrown in.

Even then the writing was on the wall.

I don't think we 'Hibs' it as such. I mean we bottle things all the time but we've got a unique way of crippling the club in the process too.

2005 when we were relegated, although that wasn't as big a Hibs as people like to make out because we were only 4 points clear of 12th at the split.

2006 semi-final against Gretna when we were horsed 3-0. The silver lining was that it led to Alan Kernaghan getting the bullet after he'd managed to use our cup run to disguise an utter arse of a season.

Genuinely can't think of any other times, tbh  :whistle

1-0 up with two minutes to go at home against Celtic in the Scottish Cup quarter final in 2007, and we contrived to lose the game 2-1.

This was back in the days when it wasn't written into ICT players' contracts that they had to lose goals in the last 5 minutes of every game.  <_<   

I'm a 42 year old Dundee fan. A full list of our Hibsings would probably break the internet.

However, a couple of random ones:

2-0 up "away" to Clyde (Firhill) I think, thanks to Albert Craig's double in the first 4 minutes, we utterly shat it and were 3-2 down by half time, going on to lose tamely, 4-2. Awful.

4-2 up against Dunfermline with 5 mins to go in a top of the table First Division clash, we drew 4-4.

The 1990-91 season. Relegated the season before, we were favourites to go back up but Falkirk were sensational and we had a running battle with Airdrie involved going to the last day. Airdrie won at Starks Park to take second by a point at the end of a season where we'd lost at home to Meadowbank and Brechin twice post-new year.

Ian fucking Pryde.

We beat St Mirren 2-1 in Paisley in the first game post split in 2009. One win in the rest of the season would see us stay up. We took the lead against Hamilton and Motherwell in our next two games but were pegged back both times for a draw.mthen we followed that up with defeats against Killie and Falkirk to go down with the one of the highest points totals of any relegated team.

We blew third place in 2013 as well, lost four of our five post split games to miss out on Europe to St Johnstone. I think that team just ran out of steam though - the XI that played against County in the final game was poor. It was a few games too far.

We beat St Mirren 2-1 in Paisley in the first game post split in 2009. One win in the rest of the season would see us stay up. We took the lead against Hamilton and Motherwell in our next two games but were pegged back both times for a draw.mthen we followed that up with defeats against Killie and Falkirk to go down with the one of the highest points totals of any relegated team.

We blew third place in 2013 as well, lost four of our five post split games to miss out on Europe to St Johnstone. I think that team just ran out of steam though - the XI that played against County in the final game was poor. It was a few games too far.

I recall the post-split tie against Motherwell. The team approached it like a pre-season match. It was up there in terms of doing a Hibs. Our cup replay against Hibs was a farce. We should have put them out of the competition.

Archived