John Cena's Best Matches

Over the years he has, and still does, took some shite.

Fact is it's all a load of shite. He is a fantastic wrestler.

So what are his best matches?

I just watched Money in the Bank 2011 and I doubt he will ever top that match with CM Punk. Stunning stuff.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CM Punk MitB match is probably the best match either man has had. Those two clicked tremendously well. They had a match on RAW which nearly matched it as well.

The big main event brawls he had were great for the most part. Crackers with JBL, Edge, Umaga, Batista and more over the years. Even had a cracking match with Lashley at Great American Bash 2007. Think that was the year anyways.

He had a great 2015. He's always had good matches when against guys that he hasn't faced much. Seems to thrive on facing new guys.

The Money in the Bank match was incredible and probably my all-time favourite fight. It might have been the culmination of the "Summer of Punk" but Cena played his part the role of the good-lookin' company man perfectly (although the finish is a little off; I didn't like how it more or less finished with a distraction).

As "Randy Giles" says above, he had an excellent run through 2015 but I reckon his best match last year was the triple-threat with Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble. A bright hot ray of sunshine in an otherwise dour PPV.

Following his absence after Hell in a Cell, I really began to miss him being on TV quite a bit. But, after he pitched up at WrestleMania as JERN CENA, I remembered why I disliked his character so much.

Guest bernardblack

That first match against KO was a beaut. Interesting fact, during their three matches they never left the ring once.

He had a sensational match vs HBK on Raw back in 2007 or 2008 IIRC.

People get caught up on him having a likited move set - which he undoubtedly does. But he is an exceptional wrestler and anyone who says they aren't in to Cena's big matches is a liar.

I've purchased Cena merchandise in the past. My friends and I were all getting dressed up as wrestlers for a Hallowe'en day out and I chose to go as Big Match John because of how easy it would be to get the stuff. I spent £60 at the WWE online shop on a t-shirt, a cap and two sets of sweat bands. I also spent £30 on getting a horribly lumpy pair of Hi-Tech trainers and £2.50 on luminous yellow laces.

I even shaved off my beard to really complete the look. It was a tremendous day out, thanks.

His One Night Stand match against RVD is brilliant as well, again helped by a fantastic crowd reaction

This was the one I was going to mention. Toxic atmosphere for him to walk into, and he played his role extremely well.

His extreme rules match against Lesnar was a good one too. I was a bit annoyed at the time that he did his Superman thing and thought Lesnar should probably have won it but it was still a great brawl.

Easily RVD's best ever match as well btw.

The superman thing is annoying as f**k. Something that's purely down to booking. Which is a shame because he's a terrific seller as far as getting folk into it goes. And then he does THAT shit.

EDIT: What's wrong with buying Cena merch?

Can't believe nobody mentioned the Umaga "I quit" match! Probably the first time I watched Cena and was impressed by his in-ring skills on a level beyond the superficial

Edit to say Randy briefly mentioned it. My bad

You manga - William regal

Archived