Hapless XI

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i must congratulate Gerry and Trouten for believing McCall's bullshit as well.

Hope they spent the signing on money wisely !!!

Don't think they'll regret leaving Brechin, that's for sure.

i must congratulate Gerry and Trouten for believing McCall's bullshit as well.  

Hope they spent the signing on money wisely !!! 

Aye, because the promotion play offs aren't a patch on the relegation ones  :rolleyes:

Best of luck . Hope to f**k you go up . Livi even sounds a more appealing away day !!

I know Livi dropped 2 division last time, but it's just the one they'll be dropping this year, you'll have to settle with a Derby at Montrose.

Going by their performances I think you have got that one wrong champ !  :lol:

Gerry did well for us early in the season but a couple of poor games and Murphy being less inured means his time recently has been limited. Trouten has always been played out wide and would like to see him in his preferred position before I write him off. Wonder who the mug is here. It would certainly appear the pair of them aren't daft in spotting how rancid Brechin would become and jumping ship.

Gerry did well for us early in the season but a couple of poor games and Murphy being less inured means his time recently has been limited. Trouten has always been played out wide and would like to see him in his preferred position before I write him off. Wonder who the mug is here. It would certainly appear the pair of them aren't daft in spotting how rancid Brechin would become and jumping ship.

It took a while for Dods to find his feet after all the rats deserted , but now I think there is no doubting Dods' ability to galvanise and get a team playing with confidence. 

Gerry and Trouts are typical of the selfish , think of myself and no c**t else,  type of mercenary that any team can do without.   Well rid of them . 

Thank god Jacko and Thomson stayed to back the new manager.  

Good luck in the championship next season.  I think you will need it.  And tell Gerry not to leave his shoes unattended when that McCall is on the prowl ! 

It's Scottish league one, players move to where the security and money is. As would every single one of us. Genuinely feel for you, if you're this bitter over it.

Who else are they going to think of other than themselves?

It's Scottish league one, players move to where the security and money is. As would every single one of us. Genuinely feel for you, if you're this bitter over it.

Who else are they going to think of other than themselves?

Possibly their team mates ? 

Oh sorry , no team in   " I " !!!   (see what I did there ? ) 

Looks like they are perfectly happy down in Ayr though !   ;)   

Good luck in the championship. 

Without gettin into an argument why are you slating 2 players who done really well for us over the past few year s ? I think it says a lot for west coast based guys to travel up to Brechin n play every other week n some mid weeks ! Up until start of March I'd say it were us who had guys taking money for nothing ! Would nt you ? Players who were rubbish have suddenly raised there game ! Apart from Euan Smith who has defo brought nothing to the team !

I think you have answered your own questions. They jumped ship when the team needed them.  They would have certainly been integral players for us in the early part of the season when Dods was cutting his teeth.  Trouten for one was indicating that he was signing again but decided that the grass would be greener.  

Football is a confidence game . For the first half of the season the confidence levels were really low. We had lost influential players and the timing of Dods' appointment meant most of the quality lads had been snapped up. Fair play to Dods in that department. He never rushed into panic loan signings straight away but decided to stick with the lads who had faith in him . 

This has paid off in that the players confidence grew when Dods brought in some quality loanees.  You could see a difference when Isaac came. Spence and Watt have taken all the pressure off the defence who had to work doubly hard in the earlier part of the season . Perhaps this was the cause of them picking up the numerous injuries. Again a factor in the inconsistent performances.  

As for Euan Smith, I too have been critical in the past but the last few games he has played , he hasn't looked out of place.  Certainly not of the quality of Spence and Watt but not as bad as you make out. 

It took a while for Dods to find his feet after all the rats deserted , but now I think there is no doubting Dods' ability to galvanise and get a team playing with confidence. 

Gerry and Trouts are typical of the selfish , think of myself and no c**t else,  type of mercenary that any team can do without.   Well rid of them . 

Thank god Jacko and Thomson stayed to back the new manager.  

Good luck in the championship next season.  I think you will need it.  And tell Gerry not to leave his shoes unattended when that McCall is on the prowl !

So anyone that leaves a club to move to another ( and almost certainly get more money for Brechin to Ayr move)?is a rat?

Archived