Hibsing It...The Rules..(Incorporating Hibs' Hibsiest Hibsings)

You're getting the hang of this. Yes that was a minor hibsing, somehow I've managed to get over it though, can't imagine what a major hibsing would be like, might never get over it, might still be horribly bitter years after the hibsing.

Minor :lol: Semi final of a national cup, 11 v 9, 2-1 up in the 95th min. Sound :lol:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minor :lol: Semi final of a national cup, 11 v 9, 2-1 up in the 95th min. Sound :lol:

Honestly it wasn't that bad, but yeah, definitely hibsed it, it took a day maybe to stop feeling a bit pissed off.

If say it was the biggest cup trophy in the country, maybe we hadn't won it for over a century, maybe it was against our city rivals and we got completely horsed after telling everyone victory was written in the stars, that would be a major hibsing.

You've planned meticulously for months, perhaps years. Everything is in place - you've avoided the authorities, you've picked your target, got your route sorted, the car is rigged, you've said your prayers...

...THE VIRGINS AWAIT!

maRXzZx.png

Just sprayed coffee across half the office!

I didn't say it wasn't. You said it hasn't happened to Hearts since 86 where in fact it's happened various times all remarkably in the league cup. I would say that would have been your best chance to win that trophy but I forgot you hibs'd it against St Mirren in the final too.

It was actually the final. It does qualify as a Hibs'ing however not as bad as some of Hibs actual Hibs'ings due to the teams involved.

Losing 2 goals to Falkirk with 10 men to miss out on victory is probably close to the Rangers/9 man thing as their team would've been so much better than St Mirren. To help you understand a true Hibs'ing if it was Rangers losing to 9 man St Mirren (or Hibs 0-7 Malmo), then that's a good Hibs'ing.

I was talking about Hearts and not St Mirren. They played Inverness at Easter Road.

Ah ok, can't see support on the app just assumed it must have been that game you were referring to.

Will leave it up to the majority to decide if the Hearts vs ICT game is a Hibs'ing. I'll be honest with you it really doesn't feel like a Hibs'ing.

Ah ok, can't see support on the app just assumed it must have been that game you were referring to.

Will leave it up to the majority to decide if the Hearts vs ICT game is a Hibs'ing. I'll be honest with you it really doesn't feel like a Hibs'ing.

2-1 up against 9 men who are a smaller club bottling it in injury time and losing on penalties isn't? Sound.

2-1 up against 9 men who are a smaller club bottling it in injury time and losing on penalties isn't? Sound.

Again I can only give my opinion. It doesn't feel like a Hibs'ing. Although to be fair you are probably better placed to describe a Hibs'ing than me.

Ayr United beating us 3-0 and putting us out the Scottish Cup when we were the holders........that was a Hibs-ing.

ETA - The fact that we were the holders of the Scottish Cup I think actually makes us out of scope to suffer from a Hibs'ing. Would assume that is the rules.

Salty, salty Hibsing it tears (and stupid East Coast accents) all the way from 3:00. Enjoy.

article-2581116-1C4BED7800000578-726_634

This was an excellent bit of 'Mystic Hibsing' from the commentary team..

'Hibs have never lost to a Scottish side on penalties..'

Don't worry lads.. That was about to change.

I didn't say it wasn't. You said it hasn't happened to Hearts since 86 where in fact it's happened various times all remarkably in the league cup. I would say that would have been your best chance to win that trophy but I forgot you hibs'd it against St Mirren in the final too.

You've nearly got the hang of it, we absolutely did hibs the semi against Inverness. But the defeat to St Mirren doesn't qualify as a hibsing i'm afraid.

I remember back in 1996 Hibs were up 2-0 at Rugby Park at halftime and managed to lose 3-2. Hibs'd it.

Back in 2003 we played Hibs in the league cup with Gus MacPherson in goals for an hour after Colin Meldrum was injured pretty early. Killie won. Hibs'd it.

Pretty sure Gus MacPherson signed for us in 2001.

You've nearly got the hang of it, we absolutely did hibs the semi against Inverness. But the defeat to St Mirren doesn't qualify as a hibsing i'm afraid.

Yet us against Livi is? 40,000 jambos turning up expecting a win and losing to a piss poor side is bottling it.

Archived