Hibsing It...The Rules..(Incorporating Hibs' Hibsiest Hibsings)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those with a healthy appreciation of Schadenfreude who think that being an undercover mole is taking things a little too far.

Good news. You don't have to because someone has already done it for you.

A highlights stream is available on Twitter.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1460620836.158819.jpg

Hearts-Hibs patter is truly brutal. 

Stubbs on the signing of Stokes, which coincided with the Hibsing of this season...

"When someone of that quality , a marquee signing, walks into the dressing room he has the attention of all the players. Its up there with one of the most significant transfers that we've had"

:)

In fairness he is onto something with the marquee bit....

I remember back in 1996 Hibs were up 2-0 at Rugby Park at halftime and managed to lose 3-2.   Hibs'd it.

Back in 2003 we played Hibs in the league cup with Gus MacPherson in goals for an hour after Colin Meldrum was injured pretty early.   Killie won.  Hibs'd it.

I could watch that Vince McMahon gif for the rest of time.

It's tremendous. Can a wrestling fan shed light on what McMahon was actually reacting to at the time?

It's tremendous. Can a wrestling fan shed light on what McMahon was actually reacting to at the time?

I think he was interviewing 3 people for a role as his personal assistant. 2 were intelligent, nerdy types and then a really cracking blondie (Stacy Keibler) won the gig by blowing his mind with a hot dance.

Not that I ever watch it  ;)

You've planned meticulously for months, perhaps years. Everything is in place - you've avoided the authorities, you've picked your target, got your route sorted, the car is rigged, you've said your prayers...

...THE VIRGINS AWAIT!

maRXzZx.png

For me hibsing is the verb used to describe hilarious failure. Mere failure is not enough, it has to be a comically pathetic failure causing acute psychological pain for the hibsing recipient (hibs)

Good examples would include Malmo, a hilarious 0-7 pumping removing a comfort blanket that had been held onto tightly for 40 years.

5-1. Someone could write a book about how hilariously pathetic that was and the damage it has inflicted upon the hibernian psyche.

Hamilton play off. I do not know a non hibernian football fan that failed to laugh at the beautiful hibsing that unfolded that happy day.

Hartley semi final. Half full hibs end was a perfect backdrop to a serious hibsing.

Relegation party. Happy new weir. Ozturk. Livi league cup. Relegated when we won the cup 98. County league cup. Winning the singing Celtic cup final. 3 seasons, probably more in the second tier. Thats just off the top of my head.

Other notable examples just for fairness sake are obviously us in 86. Scotland 78. But, long time ago, I wasnt even around then. ðŸ‘

No mention of the League Cup in 2002ish when they beat both OF teams, strong ones at that, and then proceeded to loose to Livingston in the final?

14th March 2004

How about playing against 9 men in the League Cup Semi final and conceding a 95th min equaliser and losing on penalties?

You're getting the hang of this. Yes that was a minor hibsing, somehow I've managed to get over it though, can't imagine what a major hibsing would be like, might never get over it, might still be horribly bitter years after the hibsing.

Archived