Hibsing It...The Rules..(Incorporating Hibs' Hibsiest Hibsings)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was totally baffled by the supposed significance folk gave to a lap of honour. I couldn't even tell you if Killie did one after we won the League Cup.

It's likely the same people who think giving a guard of honour before a game is some sort of humiliating submission ritual instead of a wee clap.

Most of the people in the pitch on lap of honour are just hangers on anyway who contributed nothing to the victory. Tea lady, WAGs, sponsons, portraits of the King of Thailand...

Shouldn't the phrase be Hearts'd it?

They did the ultimate bottle job when they blew the league back in 86.

No. That doesn't even come close to Hibs bottle jobs over the years.

No. That doesn't even come close to Hibs bottle jobs over the years.

All of which are now completely irrelevant due to the most dramatic and historic cup final win Scottish football has ever witnessed.

Feels good, man.

All of which are now completely irrelevant due to the most dramatic and historic cup final win Scottish football has ever witnessed.

Feels good, man.

I'd ignore him tbh, he tried to say something similar on the Falkirk thread the other day.

Seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Oh it absolutely is. All that happened today (as mentioned by many others) is that Hibs didn't Hibs it........The Rangers took on that mantle almost as a freaky homage (although in truth, they really didn't want it to happen, but it did).

Of course, the Hibs support then decided to Hibs it up with their pitch invasion and vandalism. Despite winning the cup, the day still ended with an "oh feck, what have we done".

Yeah your right m8. we should've just lost the game like Falkirk did the year before us against 10 men.

We experienced a feeling and seen stuff on Saturday you'll never ever see. Suck it up diddy.

• 2 months later...
On 14 April 2016 at 17:49, vikingTON said:

The truly dreadful attempts of Hibs' roasters like yourself to revise 'pointing and laughing' as 'obsession' isn't working out well for you champ. Try something else.

On behalf of Hibs roasters, like myself, I would like to revise 'Hibs-ing It':

Hibs-ing%20It_zpscpyrnjtd.gif

• 9 months later...

Things won since HB started this thread.

Hibs

- 1 Scottish Championship

- 1 Scottish Cup

Falkirk

- Absolutely f**k all

On 13/04/2016 at 13:15, ScotSquid said:

Now, obviously Hibsing or 'to Hibs' is now a word or phrase in common parlance. But is it being used properly?

What should the rules be for truly Hibsing it?

Should there have to be a history of failure prior to the singular Hibsing event, or is it acceptable for a usual non-Hibser (say Jordan Spieth) to have a moment of Hibsification, and this is still valid?

The core rule is clearly :- To lose a match, or event, having been in a strong winning position, where defeat would, in usual circumstances, be unthinkable.

Are there other sub rules?

And what's your favourite piece of Hibsing? I still think Hibs Hibsing the playoff second leg against Hamilton will always be the kitemark standard for Hibsing that will never be beaten.

eek.png

2013: Three nil up at half time in a Scottish Cup semi final against Hibs, only to lose 4-3 in extra time.

Falkirked it.

2014: Can't even remember, didn't go up though. That's for sure.

Falkirked it.

2015: Equalised against 10 man Inverness Caley Thistle in the Scottish Cup final, only to lose 2-1. No cup since 1947.

Falkirked it.

2016: Leading 1-0 from the first leg, nice trip down to Kilmarnock, pumped 4-0 whilst "the ultimate bottlers" Hibs have their Scottish Cup parade.

Falkirked it.

2017: Another second place trophy to celebrate, but an exit to the DABs as soon as you entered the play-offs.

Falkirked it.

ETA - Let me know if I missed any out, Bairns.

Hibs fans really have taken this Hibsing it thing badly.

Don't think they ever got over being beaten by a wee team in the play offs last season.

Look forward to plenty of Hibs humpings when they are in with the bigger boys next season.

Archived