Queen of the South Management Team

I've been a "regular" at Palmerston for most of my adult life however this season due to results/style of play plus family commitments I pick my games carefully and would indeed now class myself as a "floating fan", as are a lot of my friends now also!!!

I was very much in favour of the board's decision to relieve Fowler of his duties and I'm sure they will have learnt from their previous mistake and will appoint an able manager who has the the experience and ability to take the club forward.

Im assuming, and hoping, that the board thought Fowler had the ability to take the club forward. Otherwise, why hire him?

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im assuming, and hoping, that the board thought Fowler had the ability to take the club forward. Otherwise, why hire him?

Things don't always work out in life.....it's how you deal with it that's important.

The BOD have invested heavily in the squad this year, including the pre season training exercise which wouldn't have come cheaply. Up until a few months ago we were in the mix to finish in the top 4. However, we faltered badly and our recent poor form was relegation material.

Coupled with poor showings in the cup, Fowler unsure of his best starting 11, his seemingly inability to get the players HE signed to perform week in, week out resulting in our rapid slide down the table thus costing the club tens of thousands of pounds in league placing prize money, the club were 100% correct in my mind to show him the red card.

A nicer guy you couldn't wish to meet but there can be no room for sentiment in football. I wish Fowler all the best for the future and I will give my full backing to the next manager.

QOSTID 💙

Things don't always work out in life.....it's how you deal with it that's important.

The BOD have invested heavily in the squad this year, including the pre season training exercise which wouldn't have come cheaply. Up until a few months ago we were in the mix to finish in the top 4. However, we faltered badly and our recent poor form was relegation material.

Coupled with poor showings in the cup, Fowler unsure of his best starting 11, his seemingly inability to get the players HE signed to perform week in, week out resulting in our rapid slide down the table thus costing the club tens of thousands of pounds in league placing prize money, the club were 100% correct in my mind to show him the red card.

A nicer guy you couldn't wish to meet but there can be no room for sentiment in football. I wish Fowler all the best for the future and I will give my full backing to the next manager.

QOSTID 💙

Fully agree with all of that

QOSTID

Im not really sure what your point is. You said the BOD would learn from its mistake and appoint an "able" manager who had the ability to "take the club forward". What you're implying is that they appointed Fowler not thinking he had these attributes. Thats clearly not the case, otherwise they wouldnt have appointed him. So, what is the mistake the BOD are going to learn from?

The pre-season camp replaced the end of season "holiday". I doubt the cost was much different.

5th to 7th is hardly a "rapid slide" either and we could still finish 5th. 

Rather than the relative positions the issue for me is that on 13th February we were in 4th place 2 points ahead Raith. Now even accepting the great run Raith are on being 19 points behind them as things stand is dismal. By my reckoing we have taken 8 points from 12 games over that period.

Edit to add we could still finish 8th. Neither 5th or 8th are likely but both still possible.

would take him & Scally.

He's going a grand job at Ayr right enough. Christ he is making Reid look competent.

I still think McNamara will be free soon and I would go for him.

If the club have the ambitions they say they have to progress they must make a major manager appointment not just the next in line, get a new man in fresh start, whether it be experience or not someone that would have the fans talking QoS for the right reasons, still wouldn't mind a Mccall/Scally partnership, but better still why not entice Magic & Sandy back! Both have had good links with Queens.

If the club have the ambitions they say they have to progress they must make a major manager appointment not just the next in line, get a new man in fresh start, whether it be experience or not someone that would have the fans talking QoS for the right reasons, still wouldn't mind a Mccall/Scally partnership, but better still why not entice Magic & Sandy back! Both have had good links with Queens.

Scally isn't mc calls no2. John Henry is.

Scally coach

Seriously? There is not a hope in hell AJ will be leaving dunfermline for us.

Guest Flash

I think we should get Johnson back, with Chisholm as his assistant and Connolly as director of football. Fowler could be a coach along with Scott.

McCall could be the boot boy and Gus could drive the bus.

I think we should get Johnson back, with Chisholm as his assistant and Connolly as director of football. Fowler could be a coach along with Scott.

McCall could be the boot boy and Gus could drive the bus.

Willie Harkness back as The Chairman?

A piece about James Fowler in today's Sunday Mail. He gives a dignified interview about losing his job but doesn't appear to hold any grudges against the BOD or players but obviously highlights the problems he faced this season trying to replace quality players. I feel he may have been a bit hard done by, but some of the performances were woeful it has to be remembered.  Maybe someone with more technical ability than me can post a link.

Also a small bit about ex-Queens keeper Roy Henderson in the same paper.

As for who the next Manager will be, I'm not too bothered if the BOD take a bit of time to find a replacement, but whoever they choose I hope they give him a decent length of contract (and financial backing) to progress the team over the next few seasons and not continue to take things season by season.  Obviously the biggest of our supporter's income has been taken away with rangers going up, maybe Hibs also (don't laugh), but the backing should be found to support a strategy to improve the team. 

Archived