Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

I may be wrong but I was told that Brian Rice has some coaching role with the SFA.  Could well be that's involved with the PFA trialist coaching as well I presume.

If he's there scouting then as far as I can see, that can only be positive.  You'd be surprised of players that have fallen through the gaps (Ikechi Anya found a way back into the game through the Glenn Hoddle Academy for example).  Terry Butcher also used to play two teams of trialists against each other as well!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't really afford to carry passengers with the small squad we have, this was a factor last season in the downfall of Yogi. No disrespect to Kilmarnock or Partick Thistle but we would be expected and expect to be a better team than those two, the bar has been raised over the last few years.

How does signing a 20 year old whose playing career consists of 12 games while on loan for two different league 2 sides fit into that? At best it's a gamble.

So it seems we have an offer on the table for Dean Brill. I suppose the question I'd like to ask ICT fans is, is he better or worse than Craig Samson?

He's an excellent shot stopper but he can be a wee bit suspect on claiming crosses at times and his distribution can be somewhat poor but I'll attribute that to John Hughes and his demands that our keeper either had to play it to one of the defenders right in front of him (which led to them being put under pressure) or hit the full backs on the touchline (when the ball would go out of play).

I would loved to have kept him but I don't think there's much between OFW and Brill and neither would be happy on the bench so one had to go. Brill is more handsome than OFW though.

Well if he's suspect on crosses he'll have a lovely old time with our full backs.

I actually just watched a wee package of his highlights on YouTube and noticed he rarely seems to catch the ball. I put that down to the piece being edited with all saves for the cameras, it was quite noticeable thought.

Well if he's suspect on crosses he'll have a lovely old time with our full backs.

I actually just watched a wee package of his highlights on YouTube and noticed he rarely seems to catch the ball. I put that down to the piece being edited with all saves for the cameras, it was quite noticeable thought.

Good keeper, intially made a few mistakes with the ball at his feet - but that's largely about Yogi thinking every one of our defence should be trying to dribble up the park instead of hoofing it - leading to him being placed under unreasonable pressure.

Once he got to know the defence he was fine - just got unlucky with the timing of injuries. Best of luck to him.

The silence regarding transfers is deafening :/ :/.

I mean what is happening our pursuit of Ojamaa and Higginbotham?

I do trust Richie its just the time he is taking with signing people.

The silence regarding transfers is deafening :/ :/.

I mean what is happening our pursuit of Ojamaa and Higginbotham?

I do trust Richie its just the time he is taking with signing people.

I doubt we have the money to pay transfer fees to other teams, we are more likely to pick up players who are free like the ones you mentioned.

How does signing a 20 year old whose playing career consists of 12 games while on loan for two different league 2 sides fit into that? At best it's a gamble.

Have you seen him play a few times or did you just look at his stats?.

Have you seen him play a few times or did you just look at his stats?.

Of course I just looked at his stats, I was asking how it fitted in with the assertion that Caley were operating a tight squad of proven players. I wasn't suggesting he was good or bad.

Of course I just looked at his stats, I was asking how it fitted in with the assertion that Caley were operating a tight squad of proven players. I wasn't suggesting he was good or bad.

Sorry if the post came across that way. Most of our players past and present were unproven when they came here, but the management team at the time saw something they liked about each of these players and gave them an opportunity to play and improve their game. It will be good to see if Richie and his coaching staff can unearth a few gems just like the Butcher/Malpas/Marsella era which is the core of the current side. Its all about giving these guys a chance and up here there is little pressure other than to graft and work hard for the club and try to improve and mature as a player.

This signing policy has worked for us with a lot of success over the years and its far more adventurous than what some clubs do signing up the same known quality in the annual summer musical chairs among the bottom six and the top four in the league below, expensive right from the start of their time and you know they are not going to improve the team above what they are now. Bring in young players on the cheap/free and get them to work hard and earn their place in the first team and improve their wages and then they might have a chance of that big move. This is why we rarely ever sign up these players like what Mahonio keeps popping up with. Why sign one Higginbotham who's going to eat up wages while bench warming for a season when we could sign two or three potential the next Jonny Hayes or Adam Rooney for next to nothing that are going to play a big part in the club's future?.

Anyone heard when the kit is getting released? We always seem to be quite late in releasing ours

Same time as next 3 signings. 31st june

I see Dundee U have ended their interest in Tope Obadeyi so would he be a good signing for us?

Plus, we know that Ojamaa won't be signing but we havent heard if Andy Driver or Kallum Higginbotham have signed for a club yet.

Archived