Inverness Caley Summer transfer thread.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the board are listening to the fans. Its a big f**k you to Hughes but glad Ravens staying. With all this going on I expect Foran to be announced shortly. If they were looking elsewhere surely theyd be waiting for that person to be in place....

Great news that David Raven has signed. With draper Meekings warren etc the nucleus of our squad is starting to look stronger for next season.

Brilliant news and a perfect GIRUY for Hughes.

:bounce4  :bounce3

Brilliant news and a perfect GIRUY for Hughes.

:bounce4  :bounce3

Absolutely brilliant news about David Raven, think Yogi was a bitter and twisted guy towards the end of his time at ICT. I am sure DR will show everyone next season what a fool JH was/is.

GIRFUY Hughes. Penis. Delighted for Raven. Meekings to centre half alongside Warren, Raven and Tremarco wing backs = defence sorted.

A few decent signings still required, especially up front, but feeling a lot better about next season already.

GIRFUY Hughes. Penis. Delighted for Raven. Meekings to centre half alongside Warren, Raven and Tremarco wing backs = defence sorted.

A few decent signings still required, especially up front, but feeling a lot better about next season already.

Feeling more optimistic about the coming season than I did this time last year, renewed season ticket already whereas last year I dithered about the prospect of tippy-tappy boring football for another season, not my personal opinion of the best way to spend an afternoon off.

The 'Class of 2012' as I call them, are still in tact.  The trio of Warren, Draper and Raven.  Throw in 2011 signings Josh Meekings and Greg Tansey and you have a 5 who absolutely stroll the Scottish Premiership.  Now as caleyjaggi says, we need some firepower upfront and we'll be absolutely fine.

The 'Class of 2012' as I call them, are still in tact.  The trio of Warren, Draper and Raven.  Throw in 2011 signings Josh Meekings and Greg Tansey and you have a 5 who absolutely stroll the Scottish Premiership.  Now as caleyjaggi says, we need some firepower upfront and we'll be absolutely fine.

I'm still hoping that Billy Mckay gets released from Wigan and comes back to the club  :wub:

Hello there, Inverness Cat Ticklers. 

I have thoughtfully provided a link to the Wikipedia page for the Essex Senior Football League. This, and equivalent leagues, are the barrel you will be scraping this summer. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_Senior_Football_League

Enjoy obscurity after you're relegated in 2017. 

Big_Bad_Steve

Hello there, Inverness Cat Ticklers. 

I have thoughtfully provided a link to the Wikipedia page for the Essex Senior Football League. This, and equivalent leagues, are the barrel you will be scraping this summer. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_Senior_Football_League

Enjoy obscurity after you're relegated in 2017. 

Hiya Yogi pal.

Fond memories of Jennifer Ellison rubbing the bear's tummy.

---

In other fond memories from the exact time that was on the telly, I'm writing something about Paterson's ICT team just before he got headhunted by Aberdeen.

I have a question on the team's shape, for those that remember: did Paterson use 3-5-2 much before the 2002/3 season, and did Robertson use it at all in the title-winning 03/04 season?  I know that Robertson stuck with 3-5-2 at the start of his job and switched to 4-4-2 by the end of the 02/03 season.

From what I can remember Pele always played 4 at the back.

The season you are referring to we had Mann and McCaffrey in the centre and Rossco on the right and I think Golabek on the left.

He certainly preferred two centre backs from memory.

From what I can remember Pele always played 4 at the back.

The season you are referring to we had Mann and McCaffrey in the centre and Rossco on the right and I think Golabek on the left.

He certainly preferred two centre backs from memory.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but there was a four month spell late-2002 where the team was the same from week to week:

Brown

Munro Mann Golabek

Tokely Duncan Hart McBain Robson

Ritchie Wyness

Munro was covering for McCaffrey, who was back in the team by the time that Robertson took over.

I think you've answered what I thought otherwise though, thanks.

That is probably right, I'm not a great stato so I'm sure someone else can advise better than me.

I do remember Munro being "coached" during games by Bobby when Caff was out, he was great when he had McCaffrey or Munro to do all his running for him!

It's essentially the same, you've just got Rossco playing a bit further forward which could well have been the case, I just always think of him in the right back role.

At his peak he had some pace on the wing, always surprised me even though I'd seen it quite a few times.

I mostly remember Duncan playing a holding midfield role but I think that was later and it was probably his best position, he matured a lot after a while.

I notice Robson on the wing too, so many of our fans loved him, for me he was just so inconsistent.  When he was on his game he was great but mostly he was just frustrating to me.  It was only when he left us and went to Utd that he became consistently very, very good.  I actually think he was better at Utd than at celtic.

But it's all just opinions eh!

I think McBain normally played on the left as the 'wing back' under Paterson when we employed a back three. He could be counted on the get up and down the flank and cover defensively. Robson couldn't.

I went to STV's HQ to watch footage of the time and Robson looked like the wing-back getting forward and linking with Hart, with McBain moving over during the game to cover the flank when needed.  There were occasions where Robson was involved in goals centrally and on the right, where I put it down to McBain naturally filling in.  Granted it wouldn't be tactically 'normal' for a LWB to be doing that.

There were extended highlights of a Falkirk game in Jan/Feb '03 and I'm fairly certain the graphics show McBain and Duncan playing just behind Hart, with Robson and Tokely on the wings (that is after Paterson left, but one of the last times 3-5-2 was used).

Bobby Mann was asked the question about Robson and Tokely as wing-backs in that period, in the Pele Podcast, and he went along with it without correction, saying not as many goals were conceded down Tokely's side.

That team played some terrific football, anyway. Wyness was a constant nuisance, Hart relished driving forward from midfield, some of Ritchie's finishing was extraordinary, and Robson wasn't consistent over the season but in that eight-game winning streak was very, very good.

Still, 5-1 and all that.

Archived