Alloa v Queen of the South

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen's team to play Alloa anyone???

You'd need a crystal ball to guess the starting 11!!

I would go if fit

Atkinson

Kidd Dowie Higgins

Murdoch Tapping Hutton Millar Harris

Russell Hilson

Are  you James Fowler by any chance?  ;)

Kidd as a right sided centre back and Harris as a Left Wing Back.

Don`t think the random team selector device has come up with that one so far.

Tend to agree re the crystal ball mind you.

Brownlie has been our best defender over the last month or so. I would be surprised if he was left out.

I think he has potential and I`ve no trouble with Fowler playing him.

Him being "best defender" of late  is all relative though as our more established central pairing have made some awful errors but we have solid evidence that they are better than that. Time will tell if Brownlie can reach that level.

The remaining games are low priority for us so I`ve no difficulty continuing with a player that Fowler obviously thinks has potential.

I think the spread of the wins this season makes it feel even worse. Apart from the fact that we have lost 7 away league games in a row, after winning the first 2 away games, we have won 2 and lost 11 out of the next 14.

Is it not 3 & 11 or else 2 & 12, as 2 + 11 = 13 ?

We didn`t win a huge number of away games last season but only lost 6/18. Good results included a draw at Ibrox (plus another in play-off match), a win and a draw at Easter Road and 2 draws at Falkirk.

We have lost 11 of 16 away so far this season.

That said a win at Alloa or Hibs would give 5 away wins compared to last year`s 4. We were hard to beat last year with 4 away wins and 8 away draws. This season 4 wins and 1 draw so far.

I hadn't realised Queens had lost as many away games this season. Not getting as many draws away has not helped.

Queen's team to play Alloa anyone???

You'd need a crystal ball to guess the starting 11!!

I would go if fit

Atkinson

Kidd Dowie Higgins

Murdoch Tapping Hutton Millar Harris

Russell Hilson

You're putting forward a great case for your suggestion that the manager should pick the side the fans want.

Guest Flash

I hadn't realised Queens had lost as many away games this season. Not getting as many draws away has not helped.

The last sentence is a clue to the answer to your question above.

I suspect Alloa FC care more about this game than QoS FC; so, home win.

We are finishing more or less where I suspected we would but the process of getting there

is Meh to say the least.

Predictably our results are providing ammo for some fans to fire at Fowler and this crap

end to the season is not helping. Personally I would keep him on and give him resources

to improve the squad for next season.

I'm going to this because I'm a Queens fan and that's what we do. Although it's been a fairly dismal end to the season (aside from a 6-0 win squashed in), I'll still be at a loose end once the season's over.

I expect to win today, but I've always erred on the optimistic side where Queens are concerned......

No disrespect to alloa here but I don't think we should be losing this. Our squad is generally stronger so to see soccer Saturday say we 1-0 Down is frustrating. Need the season over now and press the reset button.

Football doesnt go by who has better sqauds , but by who puts in a performance on the day.

Archived