Alloa v Queen of the South

I started a match thread last week for the first time this season and we won so it's worth another try here.

Deserved win against Hibs and it was overdue after the efforts of the players in recent months, they should have won at home before Saturday's game. Really hope they continue with the same work rate for the remaining games. QoS are the only team this season we haven't taken anything from, a bit unlucky after two narrow defeats, and Alloa have never won less than 5 league games in a season. Hopefully we have a good crack at sorting that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a match thread last week for the first time this season and we won so it's worth another try here.

Deserved win against Hibs and it was overdue after the efforts of the players in recent months, they should have won at home before Saturday's game. Really hope they continue with the same work rate for the remaining games. QoS are the only team this season we haven't taken anything from, a bit unlucky after two narrow defeats, and Alloa have never won less than 5 league games in a season. Hopefully we have a good crack at sorting that.

Fucking hell no wonder you are bottom.

Great chance to change that on Saturday.

I`ll be there but not expecting too much in all honesty.

You're playing us at the right time - during the 2015/16 season.

Guest Flash

Who cares meaningless game !!!!

Absolutely not. We're going for a modern day record equalling 8th away league defeat in a row. We've already managed 8, but 1 was a pesky Cup game.

Have every confidence that Fowler's shower will deliver and make this a memorable season after all.

Absolutely not. We're going for a modern day record equalling 8th away league defeat in a row. We've already managed 8, but 1 was a pesky Cup game.

Have every confidence that Fowler's shower will deliver and make this a memorable season after all.

Historic certainly not memorable. We are absolutely murder and if losing every remaining games gets rid of Fowler lets just take the 3 defeats and move on.

Put your shirt on Alloa winning.

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=scotland2&teamid=3

Queens could equal their modern day record of 8 straight away league defeats this weekend and are bottom in the recent form table. Four points from the last 8 games which is one point behind Alloa who we visit on Saturday. Happy days....Not....

http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=scotland2&teamid=3

Queens could equal their modern day record of 8 straight away league defeats this weekend and are bottom in the recent form table. Four points from the last 8 games which is one point behind Alloa who we visit on Saturday. Happy days....Not....

I hadnt realised things were that bad - I think I have been confused by the recurring " we were the better side" comments.

I hadnt realised things were that bad - I think I have been confused by the recurring " we were the better side" comments.

I think the fact that half way through this run we started scoring goals, has maybe masked it a bit and of course that's a trend that continued the other night.

The hammering of Dumbarton at Palmerston, the respectable high scoring defeat at Ibrox and the good comeback against Falkirk seemed encouraging. Even on Saturday there, we played alright and we were apparently the stronger side during the first half of Tuesday's game.

I suppose the fact that games are more open is to be welcomed. For a long time, we were after all, bemoaning 'shitfest' tactics.

It seems though that we now have the unfortunate habit of coming out second whether the game is stodgy and tight, or more open.

Yes fair comment - the old saying be careful what you wish for springs to mind.

We all know that good teamsfind a way of winning tight games and poor sides find a way of losing tight games.

Even last season our away form was comparatively poor butwe have taken that to a new low this season.

Yes fair comment - the old saying be careful what you wish for springs to mind.

We all know that good teamsfind a way of winning tight games and poor sides find a way of losing tight games.

Even last season our away form was comparatively poor but we have taken that to a new low this season.

We didn`t win a huge number of away games last season but only lost 6/18. Good results included a draw at Ibrox (plus another in play-off match), a win and a draw at Easter Road and 2 draws at Falkirk.

We have lost 11 of 16 away so far this season. 

That said a win at Alloa or Hibs would give 5 away wins compared to last year`s 4. We were hard to beat last year with 4 away wins and 8 away draws. This season 4 wins and 1 draw so far.

Guest Flash

We didn`t win a huge number of away games last season but only lost 6/18. Good results included a draw at Ibrox (plus another in play-off match), a win and a draw at Easter Road and 2 draws at Falkirk.

We have lost 11 of 16 awayso far this season. 

That said a win at Alloa or Hibs would give 5 away wins compared to last year`s 4. We were hard to beat last year with 4 away wins and 8 away draws. This season 4 wins and 1 draw so far.

I think the spread of the wins this season makes it feel even worse. Apart from the fact that we have lost 7 away league games in a row, after winning the first 2 away games, we have won 2 and lost 11 out of the next 14.

Archived