Elgin City vs Queens Park

Huge game this. Decent away support expected?

With both teams sitting on 52 points and this match seeing the best home record against the best away record, it should be pretty tight.

We'll be without Dylan Easton again but will have McKenzie and McHardy back, although I don't think either will start. Having a look at the remaining fixtures for all the teams involved in the playoff hunt, I think a draw here wouldn't be a bad result for Elgin.

Decent away support expected?

I'm going up on the supporters' association bus and it looks like that's going to be full. Usual stop off for a bevvy at Grantown for an hour then head to the social club. Really looking forward to a good day out.

2 wins and 2 draws against Elgin this season so I'm reasonably confident, and we've got a decent record up there. Rumours that McKernon might be out for the season which is a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully untrue

I disagree Elginer but it depends on the Clyde result really. If they lose and we draw, all 3 of us would be on 53 points and with QP and Clyde playing each other the following week, 6 points from our final games from that position would guarantee us a playoff spot. Obviously a win is preferable but a draw won't be the end of the world should Clyde lose.

Our away record against East Stirling has been awful in recent times again on a plastic pitch.I am not hopeful of even gaining a point there hence the need to win both home games.Our goal difference is also against us.But now is the time for the players to prove me wrong!Come on Elgin.

Well that was painful viewing, I'm not sure who performed worse, Elgin or the ref. QP weren't much better, they missed a brilliant opportunity to win 3 points today, we were there for the taking.

It's hard to pinpoint where this loss of form has come from, there just seems to be zero confidence in this team at the moment. Mind you, Weir fannying around with a 3-5-2 hardly helps.

Another very poor performance from Elgin today with a lack of desire on the part of certain players a big disappointment given the importance of the game.Playing three at the back especially when none of them have any pace seemed weird but thankfully it was changed before QP could take advantage.Strangely we are still in it and with the fixtures we will still be in it on the last day irrespective of our result at East Stirling next week.We will need to work much harder to get any points next week.QP showed more desire but had little penetration tho they are strong at the back

Bit of muddled up game a bit like the ref poor performance by him anyway though mark McKenzie played well but tired a bit before he was subbed and as said before formation today was a bit fudded up with the 3-5-2 gunny playing infront of Steve ross upfront would of been better with the 2 in line upfront

The mix in formations I think is Weir trying to accommodate Ross in the team meaning he has to sacrafice one of the wide midfielders. Interesting to see how he is going to accommodate Easton as well. Assuming he is not going to sacrafice Cameron and Reilly it then leaves the team with no natural width.

Aye Elgin were there for the taking. When I saw Brown and McVey in the team I didn't think we'd get anything but they proved me wrong. Nice finish from Brown for the goal after a good move. Play off place still in our own hands

Archived