Forfar v airdrie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what's annoyed me the most...

the fact that in a huge game, we couldn't muster a shot of note on target

the fact that we were slow in moving the ball from every position

the fact that the bald/bearded Airdrie #8 had more completed passes to Forfar players than anyone in a blue top could muster

the fact that our wingers only managed to get past their man once (between them)

the fact that there was zero determination or fight

the fact that for the first time since GB took over, I couldn't work out how we were trying to play

the fact that TOB, Ryan and Martin were all stupidly suspended

But it's probably...

the fact that despite being injured and not having had his best game, Steven Craig couldn't even be bothered shaking the hand of the young lad coming on to replace him and making his senior debut at the same time

Some things are more important than others...

the fact that the bald/bearded Airdrie #8 had more completed passes to Forfar players than anyone in a blue top could muster

the fact that our wingers only managed to get past their man once (between them)

the fact that for the first time since GB took over, I couldn't work out how we were trying to play

But it's probably...

the fact that despite being injured and not having had his best game, Steven Craig couldn't even be bothered shaking the hand of the young lad coming on to replace him and making his senior debut at the same time

Equally confused on this performance.

I thought the team must have had a serious night on the piss last night, any other excuse is just that, an excuse..

On this display we will be playing in League 2 next season.

Gonna go to the Rover's game next week, not exactly sure why but if nothing else please let me witness some sort of fight and effort to avoid what looks like the obvious.. :(

But it's probably...

You forgot the fact that we won 5-1 to put the shitters on you lot for the last game. 

Airdrie weren't spectacular or great by any means, but were competent and played with confidence.  On its own, that's a big improvement on how we've been playing for a while now, and against a team as poor as Forfar was easily enough to pick up the three points.  Lister took his goal very well - a very atypical goal for him to score, really, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

The Loons were very bad.  Hard to see them staying up if they play anything like as poorly in their last couple of games - which would be a shame, because I like going up there for games.  How their player that put in that "tackle" on Faria never got sent off is a mystery.  It was a shocker.

Other clubs have a strong supporters club who can make their feelings felt to the board. Why don't we? The only 'supporters club' we've got are all allied with the biggest millstone round the club's neck in recent history. You all know who I mean. I'm not being vindictive, but this situation has to change. Thoughts, anybody?

Keeper should be saving the first goal, and not sure about his positioning for the second. Lister is pretty wide with a defender closing in on him, if the keeper stays on his line he isn't going to score from there. Decent finish regardless though. Pleased, and surprised, to get the win and glad we can finally forget about this season and move on.

I thought we dominated right from the start and looked stronger in every department, the tactics were spot on and the crowd got right behind the boys.....i am also a lying c**t !!

Mini bus to Berwick , with 11 passengers from Saturday , never mind the bike :)

Archived