Celtic Loan players

Just looking for feedback from guys who have any Celtic loan players at their clubs. I had some feedback from the Partick Thistle fans but what about our other players?

Stuart Findlay - Kilmarnock

Darnell Fisher - St Johnstone

Calum Waters - Dumbarton

Liam Henderson - Hibs

I see more of Liam Henderson as Hibs seem to have more live games but still interested in the feedback as to how the rest of our young loanees are getting on, on a regular basis.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Findlay is still a bit raw and makes rash tackles and decisions which have cost us this year , but now that Lee Clark is in charge and seems to have got a grip of our defence, he will benefit more than if Locke was still in charge.

There is a decent player there , just depends who is best placed to bring that out. From past experience the OF,s track record at that is poor and IMO would develope more at Killie than Celtic

You've got more to be concerned with this week mate according to the media.

1 The Hampden pitch

2 Injuries

3 Griffiths - is he no longer the penalty taker?

4 Griffiths - has he silenced his critics? (What critics?)

5 Is Broonie's hair really his? 

6 What will Ronny's da bring him from Norway this weekend?

7 Does John Collins shave his chest or just donate the hair? See 5 above.

8 Did Svia, Sch, the Danish guy call his son William in an ironic way?

122 Bertie Auld says he will give up cigars if Celtic don't win on Saturday

You've got more to be concerned with this week mate according to the media.

1 The Hampden pitch

2 Injuries

3 Griffiths - is he no longer the penalty taker?

4 Griffiths - has he silenced his critics? (What critics?)

5 Is Broonie's hair really his?

6 What will Ronny's da bring him from Norway this weekend?

7 Does John Collins shave his chest or just donate the hair? See 5 above.

8 Did Svia, Sch, the Danish guy call his son William in an ironic way?

122 Bertie Auld says he will give up cigars if Celtic don't win on Saturday

:blink:

Fisher has improved dramatically. Been our best player recently imo.

I was surprised we let him go out on loan. Played a good run of games and was part of the team who set the Scottish clean sheet record and nearly the British one. Never let us down. Picked up an injury though and couldn't force his way back into the squad with a new manager.

I hope he gets to come back and be a regular for us cos I rate the guy.

Hows Ryan Christie getting on in the Celtic reserves?

Dunno what's going on with our signing policy just now. It's like we want the best young Scottish talent but forget we don't have the room to play them just now. I do think with guys like Commons nearing the end of their career that we snapped them up before anyone else got them & they are part of the long term plans.

However, players want to play and will get restless. Should've let him finish the season at Inverness CT. Could've been the difference between them going into top 6 or not.

Findlay is still a bit raw and makes rash tackles and decisions which have cost us this year , but now that Lee Clark is in charge and seems to have got a grip of our defence, he will benefit more than if Locke was still in charge.

There is a decent player there , just depends who is best placed to bring that out. From past experience the OF,s track record at that is poor and IMO would develope more at Killie than Celtic

He's the one out of all those I least expect to make it but then you never know. Being in a relegation battle will give him a tough but valuable experience regardless of what happens in his career.

Henderson has been brilliant at Hibs. We've had a lot of players on loan the last 5 years with 90% of them not bothered their arse about Hibs. I noticed from the first couple of games that would not be the case with Hendo though, his passion has been fantastic. He won our YPOTY aswell. If we go up I would be delighted to see him back for a season, if not i hope he goes back to Celtic and nails down a spot in the first team.

Fisher is shite. Release him immediately...

I really like him and have rated him since he first played for us. His worst games have been when we've played him in midfield, where he should never play again.

Mate, the sad reality is that you will prob end up signing him. I hope I'm wrong but time will tell.

Henderson has been brilliant at Hibs. We've had a lot of players on loan the last 5 years with 90% of them not bothered their arse about Hibs. I noticed from the first couple of games that would not be the case with Hendo though, his passion has been fantastic. He won our YPOTY aswell. If we go up I would be delighted to see him back for a season, if not i hope he goes back to Celtic and nails down a spot in the first team.

I'd rather we'd kept him than signed Allan. I like the fact that Henderson was willing to go to Rosenborg on loan at such a young age & learn to stand on his own two feet in a foreign country. Already at such a young agar he has bags more experience than many other players his age. I hope he makes it at Celtic but we are top heavy with midfielders so who knows.

I agree that if he isn't likely to feature much next season then another loan deal at Hibs wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'd rather we'd kept him than signed Allan. I like the fact that Henderson was willing to go to Rosenborg on loan at such a young age & learn to stand on his own two feet in a foreign country. Already at such a young agar he has bags more experience than many other players his age. I hope he makes it at Celtic but we are top heavy with midfielders so who knows.

I agree that if he isn't likely to feature much next season then another loan deal at Hibs wouldn't be a bad thing.

Aye that impressed me aswell at the time, going to Norway at such a young age. He was well thought of over there aswell. His assist for Guidetti v Inter was class too. I was really exited when we signed him in the summer and he's not disappointed.

Fisher is out of contract so are Celtic going to use the same strong arm tactics on Fisher that they did with Jackson Irvine. I don't see him breaking into the Celtic first team any time soon.

Hes got another year on his deal.

He was absolutely tragic for the first half of his spell, and his "performance" away to Motherwell was absolutely laughable.

The more he plays the better hes getting though.

Archived