Keep/Release

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signed - Cameron and McHardy. Not sure about rest.

Keep - Cooper, Nicholson, McPhee, Reilly, Ross, Gunn, Moore, Easton.

Loans - Hurst, McLeod, Drydon, McLaren all returning to host clubs.

I would let Mckenzie go.

I think Duff is Brora bound, think Moore may leave and heard Formartine interested in Cooper. Would think Easton will be looking for a bigger club.

As usual would think a lot will depend on the dealings Weir can do in the loan market. Given our location we have difficulty attracting players from south and cannot afford HL prices.

Would like to think we will try and keep Fraser, without his goals we would be in the soup just now.

Gemmell at the smokies would be a hilarious recipe for disaster, can't see the bunnet putting up with him though....

Gemmell at the smokies would be a hilarious recipe for disaster, can't see the bunnet putting up with him though....

In his THHP interview, Gemmell spoke about the travelling he had to do while he played for Montrose and explained that he hated it. If the rumour of him leaving Clyde is true, then I suspect another move to an Angus club would be near the bottom of his wish list. 

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him move to Stirling. In the same set of interviews he spoke highly of his time with Martyn Corrigan at Stenhousemuir and with Lewis Colt and Craig Beattie being regulars (with the exception of injuries) during Stuart McLaren's time, he obviously likes to have a physical Target Man upfront (all be it neither have been good ones), and I'm guessing we could pay his wages.....so as I say, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him rock up at Forthbank IF the rumours turn out to be true.

In his THHP interview, Gemmell spoke about the travelling he had to do while he played for Montrose and explained that he hated it. If the rumour of him leaving Clyde is true, then I suspect another move to an Angus club would be near the bottom of his wish list. 

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him move to Stirling. In the same set of interviews he spoke highly of his time with Martyn Corrigan at Stenhousemuir and with Lewis Colt and Craig Beattie being regulars (with the exception of injuries) during Stuart McLaren's time, he obviously likes to have a physical Target Man upfront (all be it neither have been good ones), and I'm guessing we could pay his wages.....so as I say, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him rock up at Forthbank IF the rumours turn out to be true.

I heard it was Stirling.

As a lot of our business is already done at EF I would love to see Kyle Wilkie resigned depending on him getting back into fulltime. After that trying to keep Kelly, Kerr, Insall on loan which will be hard and giving Coote a full season on loan with us as I do think he could be a good player with some more game time. Either way Gary and the board will have targets for anyone they cant keep, gonna be an interesting window no matter what happens.

Would like to think we will try and keep Fraser, without his goals we would be in the soup just now.

He's scored 18 goals. Of course you'll try and keep him.

At this moment in time, I think John Gemmell would be a poor signing for Arbroath. On the bench for a diddy team in our own league, struggling for match fitness and requiring a fair wedge of the wage budget.... no thanks :)

Archived