Hampden Pitch to be relaid for the semi-finals

Davie Bhoy

I still don't see how that justifies you getting the majority of money made from ticket sales, tbh, nor how it justifies you getting over quarter of a million pounds

We were paid a fee negotiated between the club and SFA, if you dont like it eat your own shit

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well how is Lesser Hampden going to accommodate for that? Are you deliberately being stupid here or?

It already has quite a few seats. Can't find exactly how many but it looks like a couple of hundred. The pavilion looks like it can accommodate a few more. Like someone says, could easily throw up a wee covered temporary stand.

It's not rocket science.

It already has quite a few seats. Can't find exactly how many but it looks like a couple of hundred. The pavilion looks like it can accommodate a few more. Like someone says, could easily throw up a wee covered temporary stand.

It's not rocket science.

Aye what about Hospitality and Facilities, Toilets/Food etc? It's not as easy as just throwing up temporary stands.

Aye what about Hospitality and Facilities, Toilets/Food etc? It's not as easy as just throwing up temporary stands.

The new pavilion has facilities. Can always get more temporary facilities such as toilets. Remember...the average crowd is only around 400 like you pointed out. My own local Jr side sometimes get bigger crowds than that and manage to get by ok using just the facilities in the social club.

The new pavilion has facilities. Can always get more temporary facilities such as toilets. Remember...the average crowd is only around 400 like you pointed out. My own local Jr side sometimes get bigger crowds than that and manage to get by ok using just the facilities in the social club.

I never pointed out anything but there last 2 games have been just under 500....

The pavilion has one toilet with one cubicle and a urinal. There's one shop. How's everybody getting in? One at a time through the social club door? Better arrive early then eh. What about hospitality? Will they just have to lose out on that for a few games?

They've a game against Clyde next week, what do they do when the crowd is around 800?

And what junior club is that?

Perhaps they could buy and demolish the church hall, and erect some gigantic ridiculous raked cube of seats with restricted views. I presume the farm house itself - the white building with the awning - is listed due to the "oldest football building in the world" thing.

That aside the open space is already down to a line of presumably parking spaces around the north-east corner, and a loop of grass banking. Although the bends have been lifted the 100m straight hasn't.

Check the pics (and review) here: https://laurencereade.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/clincart-farm/; also http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.co.uk/2015_04_01_archive.html.

Even if you could squeeze enough capacity in (doubtful) you've got to provide safe entrances & exits, access to catering, toilets, etc.

Just can't see it.

I never pointed out anything but there last 2 games have been just under 500....

The pavilion has one toilet with one cubicle and a urinal. There's one shop. How's everybody getting in? One at a time through the social club door? Better arrive early then eh. What about hospitality? Will they just have to lose out on that for a few games?

They've a game against Clyde next week, what do they do when the crowd is around 800?

And what junior club is that?

You can get temporary toilets in portacabins. Like I said, we're only talking temporary measures here. Not a long standing agreement.

The Jr side is Shettleston Jrs. They get lots of big Ayrshire clubs visiting. There are no toilets inside the ground. The social club has 3 cubicals in the blokes toilet and a silver urinal about the same length. Not a massive toilet just yet standard kinda social club toilet & you have whatever is in the women's toilet but it seems to work fine for the crowds that turn up. There is talk of Clyde ground sharing there next season. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen but like I said, if they can do it for a season, then I'm sure QP can do it for a couple of games.

Perhaps they could buy and demolish the church hall, and erect some gigantic ridiculous raked cube of seats with restricted views. I presume the farm house itself - the white building with the awning - is listed due to the "oldest football building in the world" thing.

That aside the open space is already down to a line of parking spaces around part of the north end, and a few patches of grass bank. Check the pics.

Even if you could squeeze enough capacity in (doubtful) you've got to provide safe entrances & exits, access to catering, toilets, etc.

Just can't see it.

They have the running track around the pitch. Plenty of space for a temporary stand. Again, if I come back to the Shettleston Jrs situation. They have 3 turnstiles which can operate both ways and one gate that opens. It works well. They have one food outlet.

You can get temporary toilets in portacabins. Like I said, we're only talking temporary measures here. Not a long standing agreement.

The Jr side is Shettleston Jrs. They get lots of big Ayrshire clubs visiting. There are no toilets inside the ground. The social club has 3 cubicals in the blokes toilet and a silver urinal about the same length. Not a massive toilet just yet standard kinda social club toilet & you have whatever is in the women's toilet but it seems to work fine for the crowds that turn up. There is talk of Clyde ground sharing there next season. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen but like I said, if they can do it for a season, then I'm sure QP can do it for a couple of games.

No junior side comes close to the attendances in the SPFL minus Pollok. HJ has posted crowd figures in here plenty of times before I'm sure he'll keep you right. So I'd be surprised if Shettleston are getting anywhere near 500. Also the criteria to host an SPFL game is much stricter than that of a junior game. My local junior club doesn't even have a toilet and it costs me £4 to get in.

No junior side comes close to the attendances in the SPFL minus Pollok. HJ has posted crowd figures in here plenty of times before I'm sure he'll keep you right. So I'd be surprised if Shettleston are getting anywhere near 500. Also the criteria to host an SPFL game is much stricter than that of a junior game. My local junior club doesn't even have a toilet and it costs me £4 to get in.

Shettleston played Pollock. I'm sure I read that two Ayrshire sides met this weekend and it was reported that they took 1000 visiting fans. Shettleston often get several hundred fans going along. Like I said, there is talk of Clyde playing at Shettleston Jrs ground. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

Shettleston played Pollock. I'm sure I read that two Ayrshire sides met this weekend and it was reported that they took 1000 visiting fans. Shettleston often get several hundred fans going along.

I think you're just making this all up to be honest.

I was at the Pollock game. As for the travelling support this weekend in that Ayrshire game, here is where it says there was 1000 fans.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1460339253.284739.jpg

Is that not for a Scottish cup semi game? What has that got to do with the facilities at Lesser Hampden anyway? Beiths ground can clearly take that capacity.

No idea what it was for. You disputed what I was telling you so I just threw it up there to back up I wasn't lying.

Like I said. A temporary stand, couple of portacabins with toilets and it's job done.

What does this have to do with raising the question about the pitch though. This affects all 4 semi-finalists this weekend.

My point was if Queens Park are forced out their own ground to accommodate Semi-Finals then they should get a massive wedge of the money made from the Semis, just like Celtic got.

Surely it can't be that difficult to just ensure that QP are away during semi-final weekends?

They are, but Celtic fans want them forced out their ground in the preceding weeks to any Semi/Final so that they have a perfect pitch to play on

Archived