Sons v Rovers

Been wondering that myself. One of my critisms of the gaffer is he has signed Frazer Wright, Gregor Buchanan, Darren Barr and Saunders. All of whom will want a start and who's best position is centre back. Barr and Saunders have played other positions so have been moved to accommodate. Square pegs and all that.

Frazer Wright also played a couple of games at left back early on in the season.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. I was quite hopeful at half time as Raith didn't do anything to concern me, then came the second half collapse.

I was sitting behind the Bellsmyre Fancy Dress mob and I could almost hear Nade's hamstring pop. Can't see him play again this season but hopefully we can sign him up again. Fair play to the Raith fans for their applause when the big man was limping away down the tunnel.

That was probably because he has played for them rather than the injury.

Frazer Wright also played a couple of games at left back early on in the season.

Forgot about that or rather tried to erase it from memory. So Saunders is the only player not have been played in his natural position, the more he plays at RB the less he looks like one.

You not at Morton away a few weeks ago? That was by far his best game in a Raith shirt

Sadly no, I missed the Cappielow game as I was offshore.

So Callachan had is best game in a Raith shirt (that I've seen) for a while. 

That do?  ;)

Totally forgot to mention the lad Connolly.

Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. Crackin' wee player and his goal was a rasper.

I'd be very surprised if he isn't playing in the top league next year. It would be nice if it was with Raith.

He's been an utterly fantastic signing. Of all our players during the winter, he's added so much. He is utterly fearless and has a good number of assists and goals too. I'd love for us to keep him, but he really should be in at least the league above. He's clearly playing to show he's good enough and feels hard done by with his exit from Tannadice.

If allowed to leave he will be missed, he is the only player on the books that can win a long high ball in the air, even Harri isn't as good as Granty in that dept. I feel sorry for him too though his limited game time has left him off the pace and that showed early yesterday. Even more so since he was being asked to play out left early on, looked happier on the right wing but the dive was ridiculous, he should have swung the boot at that one.

Anderson as a winger can't cross but can win a header. Id rather he couldn't header but could cross. As for Harri, vastly over rated IMHO

Callachan was marvellous against Rangers too. He's really found form again after a poor spell.

If he keeps things simple he is one of our best players. Its when he starts shooting from 40 yards and trying intricate passes that he starts to play badly.

I dunno Cal hits a mean 35 yard pass, as for Harri he puts a shift in every time, might not get the rewards but he is doing his bit and is far more likely to win a high ball than Hardie. Conversely Ryan is far more likely to find the net and that is more important.

Loving it all just now.

Decent 1st half, absolutely dreadful 2nd half.

Being 1-0 up at half time we we're effectively 45 minutes away from safety. To see us completely shite it was frustrating, especially given what's at stake.

I honestly thought Saunders was awful. I took along two mates who don't normally attend and both of them were shocked to hear he had a Scotland cap. What the f**k is the constant lump up the park all about!? When Nade went off he was lumping it to fuckin McCallum and Cawley. Bizarre.

Again Gallagher looked miles out his depth and it's pretty ridiculous he was brought in ahead of Waters, or even Taggart. Sheer favouritism when it comes to Gal.

Let's pray to Odin that Nade's hamstring injury isn't too bad.

I also didn't believe this and just had to go check it out. The fact it came in a 3-0 friendly win over the Faroe Islands and he only played 20 minutes doesn't make it any better for our national side.

Nice day out down in Dumbarton though.  Hope they stay up, its a good wee away day.

I've been there 3 times, and every time we have had a comfortable lead clawed back late on though....

I didn't realise we had so many physios watching our games.  Nade may well be out for the season but let's not hit the panic button yet.  He went off against Morton in very similar fashion and was back playing the next week.  When you're God things tend to heal a bit quicker.

Enjoyed the game on Saturday even if it wasn't the result we wanted.  Rovers are a good side and Connelly looks to be a smashing wee player, I'm surprised United have let him go in their position.

Scott Taggart must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.

I didn't realise we had so many physios watching our games. Nade may well be out for the season but let's not hit the panic button yet. He went off against Morton in very similar fashion and was back playing the next week. When you're God things tend to heal a bit quicker.

Enjoyed the game on Saturday even if it wasn't the result we wanted. Rovers are a good side and Connelly looks to be a smashing wee player, I'm surprised United have let him go in their position.

Marvin Andrews shall heal him

I didn't realise we had so many physios watching our games.  Nade may well be out for the season but let's not hit the panic button yet.  He went off against Morton in very similar fashion and was back playing the next week.  When you're God things tend to heal a bit quicker.

Enjoyed the game on Saturday even if it wasn't the result we wanted.  Rovers are a good side and Connelly looks to be a smashing wee player, I'm surprised United have let him go in their position.

As good m8s with our Christian (well I added him on Facebook and he accepted me but so did Pete amongst others, so it's hardly an honour) I saw him say "I hope ill b back before the last game".

The Prince returning to save us on the final day against Alloa will be quite a sight  :wub:

As good m8s with our Christian (well I added him on Facebook and he accepted me but so did Pete amongst others, so it's hardly an honour) I saw him say "I hope ill b back before the last game".

The Prince returning to save us on the final day against Alloa will be quite a sight  :wub:

I'm told they'll know tomorrow how long he'll be out.  Hopefully we get him back for the Hibs game and he can add to his tally for the season.

Archived