Bully Wee vs East Fife

Boring boring game, very little goal mouth action. However, it was a better performance and a good point.

A win next week and we're in the play offs but, seeing as we never win at Hampden, it may well go down to the final day.

As I said on my other thread, congrautlations East Fife.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very scrappy game with neither keeper having a serious save to make.

Congratulations to East Fife but at least other results went our way.

Jamie Watson deserved man of the match for Clyde. Kept the East Fife defence on their toes for most of the game. Thought Marko handled Austin well in the second half too. Kilpatrick had a stinker today and didn't look interested surprised he stayed on as long as he did.

Pretty shite game. Both teams on top for spells. However, those in charge at Clyde need to reassess the catering. Nae pies? Only hot dogs and burgers? This isn't the NBA for christ sake.

Sadly catering is not in clubs hands. That's all down to the council.

Drab draw with Clyde playing hoofball for 90 minutes. Better watching the Cumbernauld colts.

There were two teams at it today and a lot of it was to do with how we played. East Fife only really threatened with the long ball to Austin and picking up the second ball and building from there. Midfield was very congested with us playing with a really narrow pair of wide players. We always play the longer pass so that shouldn't surprise or irritate anyone.

I have to say, that whilst we struggled to cut East Fife open (no surprise without Fergie, McGovern, Linton, the creative player we needed last summer), I was really pleased with our performance today given the last couple of matches. We stood up to a team who have been battering teams and cancelled them out. If we'd started with that system against Arbroath/Montrose then we'd have taken more points. On a big pitch, against a team with much more pace and movement than ourselves, we defended well bar a couple of individual errors.

Whilst he ran about and showed plenty of endeavour (particularly chasing back at a corner kick first half), I couldn't agree with Watson as MotM at all. His first touch wasn't great and I don't ever think that he's going to score a goal. I'd have also had Gemmell on alongside him a bit earlier. Would've had any of the back four ahead of him (I didn't think Marko had that performance in him any more; battled Austin well all game) but I personally thought that was Scott McLaughlin's best performance since signing for Clyde so I'd plump for him. 

Not sure which dive was worse; Marsh's to get Smith booked or the EF number 4 to try and get McLaughlin booked. I'm also not sure how Page got away without a booking for handling the ball when the Clyde player had got away from him (I didn't think his previous foul on Watson was a foul at all). Referee was fine in the main though so I'm nit picking a bit.

Sorry to the EF fans who felt the wrath of our horrible stewards today. They honestly are the worst c***s ever, I struggle to think of a ground with worse stewards and that includes the wanks at Ibrox and Hampden...

they were allowed on the park at full time which was good

some guy come up and warned us about language ha ha

as he walked away a volley of expletives was delivered toward the pitch surprisingly he never appeared again 😊

My Overview.

Home atmosphere was like a pre season friendly. Very poor considering our league status. Forget everything else...

Moving on. East Fife didnt look anything special but from an organsation point o view looked solid and can see how they turned over shite like Stirling by 6. Most of their 1st half possesion was caused by our panic to defend and release the ball too quick. 2nd half Marko showed his class and Austin never got a look in...

Young watson looks okay off the ball, Lot o Pace just need bit o coaching that will come and Scott Mclaughlin was very assured and today showed why BF likes him...

Clyde Team worked their socks off, Very impressed but we never looked like scoring but that could be said for most o season....

Not that confident going into play offs if we make it but if games were won on effort today we would be fine, Genuine reckon put a Austin or Andy Rodgers type in our team with a fully fit Scott Ferguson we would have won it...

Finally. If some clyde fans in the stands were as quick to open their mouths to the officials instead of airing their frustration at their own we might just get a few more decisions,Personally ive never been one to slate ref and his sidekicks but bee Geez the ref and standside linesman were probably one o the worst ive ever seen in 30Yr,Standard i suppose for this league.

My Overview.

Home atmosphere was like a pre season friendly. Very poor considering our league status. Forget everything else...

Moving on. East Fife didnt look anything special but from an organsation point o view looked solid and can see how they turned over shite like Stirling by 6. Most of their 1st half possesion was caused by our panic to defend and release the ball too quick. 2nd half Marko showed his class and Austin never got a look in...

think next two games atmosphee will be better , thought the home support numbers wise wasn't bad but agree very little atmosphere

thought the team were better today considering the injuries

looking forward to our next two games and today gave me a bit more hope for the play offs

Good crowd. Most o em. Met a few good fife fans in pub. Real fans but a couple o mouths/Visitors but get em everywhere.

Would have got a wee bit interesting if a few of my lot where their when things got heated between myself and 3 o em(+) in farm as I couldnt let em take liberty's for tryin to wind up a clyde girl and a nice quiet guy who goes everywhere.

Remembered and hopefully the mouths wont forget me/us either...

Good crowd. Most o em. Met a few good fife fans in pub. Real fans but a couple o mouths/Visitors but get em everywhere.

Would have got a wee bit interesting if a few of my lot where their when things got heated between myself and 3 o em(+) in farm as I couldnt let em take liberty's for tryin to wind up a clyde girl and a nice quiet guy who goes everywhere.

Remembered and hopefully the mouths wont forget me/us either...

Do you ever stop the hardman act?

Do you ever stop the hardman act?

Only when his mum tells him it's time to switch the computer off because it's a school night!!!

Archived