Beith V Buffs

stumpy

keep seeing all this huge crowd stuff....from the pictures on facebook there is around 300-350 home fans at a push and the rest are kilwinning fans which can clearly be seen by segregation areas. seems a poor support for a home semi final all the same

Get aff the drugs ffs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Beith end was jam packed especially the part with their 'young team' who to be fair created a great atmosphere with non stop singing. The Buffs end maybe have been busier but from what I had seen there was plenty of neutrals in that end of the ground and was a who's who of ex junior players and managers.

The top stand at the Buffs side was mixed with Buffs and Beith fans. It was decided to open the segregation here to allow older Beith fans the chance of shelter if it was to rain. There was not a chance that Buffs fans outnumbered Beith fans. I will try to get official figures this week for both gates.

keep seeing all this huge crowd stuff....from the pictures on facebook there is around 300-350 home fans at a push and the rest are kilwinning fans which can clearly be seen by segregation areas. seems a poor support for a home semi final all the same

it's understandable that the jealousy of your neighbours is ripping out of you but let it go mate.it's a sad day when you're down to your last resort of slagging the crowd.

The silly season. Kilwinning is a much bigger town than Beith, Kilbirnie is a bit bigger than Beith and low and behold average attendance when the teams are doing well reflects this. If Beith did manage to turn out 750-800 from a 1450 gate that's an achievement. This tie is far from over and the Buffs will take heart from two goal line clearances to prevent a 4th which would have been lights out.

pish? do i need to post the photographic evidence of the buffs far superior support lol.... just thought being the home side they would have outnumbered the away team.

doesn't matter how many fans both sides had. 90% of Buffs fans there on Saturday probably hadn't been at a game in 15 years

https://youtu.be/YdXwy0CwAzs 

Great crowd going by the highlights. Credit to both clubs. Loving the Buckfast fuelled roar when the Beith goals went in :lol: superb.

Couldnt agree more, great day great atmosphere and most of all a great result, tie by no means over but feel Beith will be there come May for the final.

and KLadside id be more worried about your teams lack of goals than slagging of attendances, how many games is that your team have failed to score? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  #itsallabouthemighty

Hadn't realised till I watched the highlights just how bad a miss by Lewis in first half. Between that and his poor pen, you'd think he had been bribed!!!!!

Seriously, time for a rest Ben and recharge the batteries for next season.

Good one. KLadeside and his walloper neanderthals down that way have too much history on here and just ain't developed enough yet to do something intentional. Reckon KLadeside and the leg end PC are branches on the same family tree

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Posted on behalf of John Boal - Club President.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to all of the volunteers, both committee and non-committee who assisted with the various tasks before, during and after the match vs Kilwinning on Saturday. Without all of you, we would not have been able to make everything run so smoothly on what was a massive occasion for the club. Thank you.

I received praise from various people not connected to the club on Saturday about the pitch, the surroundings and the day itself and this is credit to all of you.

I would also like to praise our support on Saturday, as the match passed without any incident and was played and supported in the correct manner. I was very pleased with the size of our support on the day, how noisy they were and how well behaved they were and would ask for more of the same at Abbey Park this week in the return match. The club has the chance to make history on Saturday and I would like to ask every fan to get behind our players and management and hopefully cheer us into the Scottish Cup Final.

Thanks,

John Boal.

Archived