Beith V Buffs

stumpy

Buffs were the better team first half without creating many clear chances. Losing Kerr at half time was a blow, he has been having a great season. Buffs started the second half well, but were caught on the break for Beith's first. The penalty miss proved crucial, a poor penalty from Ben Lewis who was having a quiet game. Beith scored a second, another breakaway and then Martyn Campbell went off which I thought was a strange decision, unless he was injured. Buffs fell out of it from there and played the game out with ten men when Hanvey had to go off. Man of the match Sheridan rose unchallenged for the third.

It was never a 3 goal game, I didnt think there was much between the teams. I didnt think Buffs played badly, just didnt get the breaks on the day. Will be almost impossible to haul back a 3 goal deficit, but Buffs will give it a go I'm sure.

COYB

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Beith slope an optical illusion ?   At least 6 times the Beith Goalkeeper kicked the ball to the Buffs Goalkeeper.   Most matches the goalies only manage to clear the halfway line.   Could it be Ley Lines under the pitch ?  

Went to game yesterday as a neutral as my name says I'm a St Mirren fan and some of my St Mirren supporting mates live in Beith.

In my opinion to disagree with some of the posts on here thought it was one of the most even 3-0 matches I have saw.

Thought Kilwinning were better team in first half and Beith sort of sat off them when Kilwinning were in possession although Beith came more into game later in 1st half.

2nd half again Kilwinning on top and against run of play Beith scored with their first real attack of 2nd half but missing Penalty 2 mins later you could see heads went down a bit.

Kilwinning again had lots of possession without troubling keeper and Beith scored there 2nd with a great breakaway goal.

Just to top it off for Beith getting a 3rd with a free header from a corner.

Overall think Kilwinning were ok not much difference between teams apart from goals Beith took their chances.

Buffs have been punching above their weight all season. Reaching the semis disposing of teams like Lithgae and Cameron on the way is sensational for a club just out the district and who were asking players to take pay cuts not long ago. Strawbaws Strain has done a superb job. Bellsdale is a tough place to go for any team , Beith have a good solid squad that has been together a few seasons , nothing spectacular but they give 100% and in Reid and McLean goalscorers that have been producing consistently for a decade.

Despite Buffs good record against them recently Beith were always favourites for me. Buffs will have to take the game to Beith next week which is great for McLean who will exploit any gaps..expect long balls into the channels.

More spelling mistakes than trip advisor. Half the Polish over here can spell better and I include the numbskull English in that.

Nice to see that you've taken on board my lesson regarding the use of capital letters. Even though it was to criticise someone's spelling.

There's a phrase about pot and kettle that comes to mind.

Beith are in a very strong position after yesterday's fine 3-0 victory.

But Kilwinning are far from being out of this tie.

Buffs started well, & Ben Lewis passed up a good chance in the 1st 5 mns of the game.

Beith soon got going, & some excellent midfield passing from Beith's Tommy Martin kept the visiting defence occupied.

Andy Reid was 1st on the scoresheet when he slammed the ball home from 10yds after a slick Beith move on the right started by Tommy Martin.

Darren Christie was next up when he beat Adam Strain low to his left from around 16 yds, this after some slick football from the home side.

John Sheridan complete a good day for Beith, when he scored the type of goal which is as old as the game itself when he bravely headed home a right wing corner from 6yds.

The talented Ben Lewis had a bad day,he missed from the spot,soon after Beith took the lead, & he got the big hook a few moments later to spend a pleasant last 20mns on the bench beside his gaffer.

Congratulations to Beith for staging a tremendous occasion yesterday, decent sized,very well behaved crowd, super match magazine, & the officials contributed to great occasion , played on a very good playing surface.

Was at this game yesterday and thot the 1st half was scrappy with misplaced passes from both teams and not many clear cut chances. Game came alive when Beith went 1 up. Buffs got a penalty almost right away but missed...if scored its a different game. Beith 2nd goal was well worked with a neat lay off from Beith sub and a nice finish. Kilwinning seemed to have lost interest at that point and Beith scored their 3rd with a bullet of a header from Sheridan who for me was MOTM. Comfortable win for Beith and i think they will also win 2nd leg by 2 or 3. A decent and well behaved crowd and a great surface at Bellsdale. Was good to have a chat with Hertha and some of the other Beith lads. Good luck

Although the the buffs had plenty of possession in the match it was all in the middle of the park when they then persisted in playing the high ball into the box, the Beith defence coped with this restricting the buffs to very few chances I can't remenber grindlay having any significant saves to make until the penalty incident. Beith looked the more creative and dangerous team going forward and took the chances they created. The third goal was poor defending from the buffs as they are physically a big side and should not be losing goals from set pieces.

It's only half time and next week will a nervous occasion, again ther will be goals in the game with the onus on the buffs to push on to try and get back into the tie which could open the door for players like McLean and Christie with their pace to hit them on the break.

Well done the Beith boys, almost there Jimmy D. s

Cherrs buddy.. could not have  wrote a better result... still only half..time.. good position tho..

...... top o the world just now.......... hope i fell the same this time next week at this time..

buffs nae mugs .....

keep seeing all this huge crowd stuff....from the pictures on facebook there is around 300-350 home fans at a push and the rest are kilwinning fans which can clearly be seen by segregation areas. seems a poor support for a home semi final all the same

Cherrs buddy.. could not have wrote a better result... still only half..time.. good position tho..

...... top o the world just now.......... hope i fell the same this time next week at this time..

buffs nae mugs .....

Hope so mate, as you said only half time and no mugs. Fingers crossed 3 goals will be cushion enough for you man. ðŸ‘

First half was typical of these ties. Two nervous teams keen not to lose anything silly and no one brave enough to put their foot on the ball in the middle or back lines. Buffs shaded it with the advantage of the slope but didn't make anything of their set piece opportunities . Beith had watched Buffs well and asked some big questions of their full backs while sitting deep to try and stop the Buffs getting in behind them. Second half Tommy Martin got on the ball more and Beith worked two nice goals. Not a lot between the teams but Beith have a stronger bench and can probably stick another defensive midfielder in for the return and break at will so for me Buffs will need to score 5 to win.

There is hope for the buffs , not so long ago beith were 3 up against ladeside and got pegged back and lost replay.

If buffs score first it could be an interesting afternoon.

Personally hope beith make it to final good hardworking committee and a 150/200 loyal supporters that deserve their cup final

keep seeing all this huge crowd stuff....from the pictures on facebook there is around 300-350 home fans at a push and the rest are kilwinning fans which can clearly be seen by segregation areas. seems a poor support for a home semi final all the same[/quote

Pish

You really need to take a chill pill KLadeside. Beith and your own inept side are making you ill. Beith had a right good following at yesterday's match (not as big as Kilbirnie WOULD have had of course IF they had got into semi).

I'm picturing you tortured just now like Herbert Lom when Inspector Clouseau got to him.

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It looked as if Beith had more fans in their end, only regulars will know how many of those were neutrals. I also thought the crowd was a little bit less overall than I probably expected but then again I've not been to Beith for a long time before yesterday so it's hard to judge exactly how busy it was. Buffs end was definitely shoulder to shoulder.

Kilwinning big town. Beith small town. Hardly rocket science Kilwinning will attract a good support when they are winning. I was at the game and Beith had a good support for a small town so put the magnifying glass away and head to your bed KLadeside and rest your tortured soul.

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Archived