Championship POTY

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baird

Big Jeff for Alloa

Dismal mainstream reality: waghorn (pen)

Tavern near lol

McGinn (pure hype)

Big Geoffrey for his performances alone pre-season, still our top scorer.

Can't believe Bairds been mentioned either.

Can only assess on the games I've seen and Baird tore us a new one early on and has been a constant threat in every game, I did consider vaulks and grant as well but Baird stood out the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Falkirk have had a good season due to the overall team performance which is excellent for me. Not surprised we have no players nominated as I'm sure the votes will have been spread throughout. In seasons past when Farid & Taylor have won POTY we relied on them. This season unlike the players nominated we haven't pinned all our hopes on one or 2 players playing well to get results. 

I'd probably have Tavernier nominated ahead of Wallace. There's no doubting that he's poorer defensively, but given the way Rangers have played this season, I think his attacking merits have been more important to the team. 9 goals and 16 assists would be an excellent contribution from a midfielder or forward, never mind a fullback.

Swap Cummings for The Blue Cafu and I'd go with the actual finalists. Cummings has been great in spells but far too inconsistent. Rangers have been comfortably the best team overall, 3/4 wouldn't be unreasonable.

Don't know any non Rangers or Hibs players.

Very poor there are no Falkirk players nominated but not surprised. They could have picked from kerr, vaulks, baird, Alston and if they can pick an injured waghorn why not Peter grant? Houstie should have this pinned up large on the dressing room wall for the final two games. No more motivation for the players required

Archived