Hurlford v Pollok

Stujay

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then it won't affect the crowd for the Newlandsfield leg of the semi?

It's next Sunday, meaning it won't affect the Hurlford leg. Newlandsfield leg is now a week later and we don't have premiership fixtures for that weekend yet because of the split

Then it won't affect the crowd for the Newlandsfield leg of the semi?

Yes. Rangers/Celtic not playing = bigger crowd at Newlandsfield. The week after, Rangers are at home to Alloa so we'll probably lose a fair amount to that game.

Really embarrassing that after another relativity okay week that the pitch is unplayable more than 24hrs before kick off. Hurlford need to sort their pitch out. Surely they have to have a back up available for next week be it a good enough local grass pitch, a decent 4g like Largs or Newlandsfield. Makes a mockery of the Scottish cup.

rules are rules,they will be given 3 attempts to get the game on so why is it making a mokery of the Scottish? Why would they move it elsewhere? Let's all bow to Polloks superior pitch and their colossal esteem for the Scottish cup!! Bellend!

rules are rules,they will be given 3 attempts to get the game on so why is it making a mokery of the Scottish? Why would they move it elsewhere? Let's all bow to Polloks superior pitch and their colossal esteem for the Scottish cup!! Bellend!

There's a difference between a 3rd round in November and a semi final in April. Finalists not being decided until the 7th of May if what you suggested was to take place; Pollok and Hurlford not having played since the 19th of March as Hurlford (whether their fault or not) can't maintain an appropriate pitch. Our pitch is playable. Think Newlandsfield has been off twice due to rain in the past few seasons. If yous had been good enough to beat us in the semi final would you have been annoyed about the semi final being off? Of course you would!

its unfortunate that the game is off. with the weather being relatively decent this week, you would of expected there to be a good chance the game was going to be on. I suppose in a good way the fans have plenty of notice that the game is cancelled. 

i dont know if its standard practice to get the ref down as early as 24+ hours before kick off, but fair play to hurlford for raising their concerns. no point in playing a game of football on a pitch which isnt ready. a) its dangerous b)stops football being played c) no doubt we would be complaining at the state of the pitch and quality of the football as a result if the game was to go ahead

Hurlford have massive problems with drainage due to the grounds location, the water goes into drains used by surrounding houses and backs up when too much rain falls.

Not an advocate of artificial surfaces but Hurlford are defo one club that could benefit from installing one. Daley in Ayrshire is another though there is no chance of them ever being able to afford one.

Must have players injured as I find it very hard to believe that the park is unplayable.

Strange that during the torrential downpours of the winter months I don't think there was even one game called off, yet we have come back into a relatively dry period and BOOM the park is unplayable. Strange that ain't it, oh and let's blame a drain outside the park #stainpoke

If the drain is causing that much trouble to the park surely you would have had more games off during the winter??

Tell the truth, the big picture is you are carrying some injuries or you would have gladly swapped venues, as you have got plenty of time with game being called off this morning, that way the drain can be cleared and the pitch given time to dry out.

Dear o dear, embarrassment of a club

Must have players injured as I find it very hard to believe that the park is unplayable.

Strange that during the torrential downpours of the winter months I don't think there was even one game called off, yet we have come back into a relatively dry period and BOOM the park is unplayable. Strange that ain't it, oh and let's blame a drain outside the park #stainpoke

If the drain is causing that much trouble to the park surely you would have had more games off during the winter??

Tell the truth, the big picture is you are carrying some injuries or you would have gladly swapped venues, as you have got plenty of time with game being called off this morning, that way the drain can be cleared and the pitch given time to dry out.

We wouldn't swap even if they wanted to to be fair.

I'm really looking forward to you posting hard evidence of these injuries. Don't be shy now.

While you're at it you could maybe clarify if you are saying the SFA referee who pronounced the pitch unplayable is in on the conspiracy?

Mind getting a pile of hassle from a very disgruntled, pedantic hurlford tie wearing gentleman, because I posted on social media that there was a pitch inspection the evening prior to a certain game. Apparently the ref was just 'checking the park' and not inspecting it and I shouldn't have said it was an inspection as this was against the rules.... Here we are seeing the game called off the day before and the club openly talking about an inspection and i'm wondering was the grumpy gentleman telling the truth about it being against the rules??? 

Archived