Cockwomble is at it again

Indeed.  I almost sought an English consulate for refuge after listening to the wee sheepie and, above all, the Hibee moron.  What a fucking mess so many Scottish football fans are in.

Nah Kincardine.

I still have faith that you're not actually the witless cretin you often enjoy posturing as.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a sensible clause. 

A broadcaster will agree to pay a league based on the games it can provide. The 4 OF games are by far the ones with the highest audiences. If one of those was replaced with Celtic vs Hibs for example, is it worth the same money? Obviously not.

Yes, but as HJ has pointed out, the clause was never as portrayed and it didn't begin to justify the dishonest bullying of the ruling bodies.

Mounting a defence of Doncaster and Regan's 2012 comments in the context of what's transpired since, is simply perverse.

History has proven their threats and warnings were false. Had they worked of course, we'd never have found that out.

But we have.

For sure.

Why do you even bother pretending to support Motherwell :lol:

Why would anyone pretend to support a club? :lol:

I just find it ridiculously hilarious how even the mention of Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco or whatever you want to call them acts like a red rag to a bull to some folk in this part of the world and turns normally sane folk into a seething, blabbering mess and they lose any logic or rational thought.

Average person: "Ah so I had a great holiday, the weather was great, the food was fantastic, loved my hotel, then I seen a guy in a Rangers top. Cheats, bigots, masons, bad songs, conspiracy aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh"

I'm not a Rangers fan but I'll tell you this, I hope they win the cup, because the reaction on places like this will be fucking epic and as for the Clyde 1 phone in? :lol: Off the scale. The Samaritans better be on hand to take on quadruple shifts.

I just find it ridiculously hilarious how even the mention of Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco or whatever you want to call them acts like a red rag to a bull to some folk in this part of the world and turns normally sane folk into a seething, blabbering mess and they lose any logic or rational thought.

Average person: "Ah so I had a great holiday, the weather was great, the food was fantastic, loved my hotel, then I seen a guy in a Rangers top. Cheats, bigots, masons, bad songs, conspiracy aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh"

I'm not a Rangers fan but I'll tell you this, I hope they win the cup, because the reaction on places like this will be fucking epic and as for the Clyde 1 phone in? :lol: Off the scale. The Samaritans better be on hand to take on quadruple shifts.

^ ^ ^ Rangers fan.

The wellbeing of Scottish football is not just related to money though, so he's wrong to say that so unequivocally. I wasn't necessarily referring to quality of football either. There's more to what makes this football lark healthy or otherwise, than you seem to appreciate.

Using the "Celtic v Rangers = More viewers = more money" argument, for all that is true, is a short sighted and ignorant argument in terms of what will benefit the Scottish game most.

The single biggest, and therefor most important revenue stream in the Scottish game is the fans. Not TV, not corporate hospitality and not sponsorship. The fans. The revenue coming from the fans is more important to the clubs than the money from Sky. The clubs should remember to point that out to the press a lot more often.

In the 4 and a bit seasons since Rangers went bust, 8 clubs have won major trophies. Potentially 9 out of 15 depending on who wins the Scottish cup.

In the 5 seasons before Rangers went bust, 4 clubs won the 15 major trophies.

Given the fans are the most important revenue stream, which of those 5 season periods do you think will have done more to get some enthusiasm back into those who support anyone outside the two sides that dominated the game?

Rangers making the top league has not and will not save Scottish football. Potentially it is a disaster for Scottish football. Rangers going bust was a massive boost for the majority of Scottish football clubs. The only thing that could have saved the game completely would have been Celtic disappearing also. As it is, we are going from watching a game that currently gives a fairly wide number of potential cup winners to a game that in a few years will likely have a very narrow potential number of cup winners, save for the occasional shock. Which is healthier for the game overall?

The only people who will benefit from Rangers being back in the top league are Rangers, Celtic and the Scottish football press who can now put their feet up and let the job do itself.

Several football clubs were losing money before Rangers were declared bankrupt and forced to create a Phoenix imitation. Hearts, Killie, Gretna, Dundee, Dunfermline, Livingston....

Please explain how and when Killie did this. I must have missed the memo.

ETA: I misread your post. Sorry, carry on.

You should be embarrassed and ashamed to post guff like that. Wanting Rangers to win a cup so you can laugh at people?

Aye big bad me eh? :lol:

Embarrassed and ashamed to post something on a football forum? Away and have a lie doon son.

You better believe I'll laugh at folk if that lot win the cup, because as I said, to some folk in this part of the world, the mention of the word 'Rangers' is enough to make veins pop out of heads.

Disgusting.

Aye big bad me eh? :lol:

Embarrassed and ashamed to post something on a football forum? Away and have a lie doon son.

You better believe I'll laugh at folk if that lot win the cup, because as I said, to some folk in this part of the world, the mention of the word 'Rangers' is enough to make veins pop out of heads.

You are correct on one point MJC. The mention of the word 'Rangers' does get some infuriated. Whether or not that is justified is an entirely different, very convoluted, story.

However, I think what is mystifying most people here is your apparent zeal in defending them at any opportunity. It's baffling to fans of most other teams who have been belittled, stepped on and offended by them and the circus surrounding them for years and feel a sense of righteousness about their current predicament.

In terms of wanting Rangers, (or the other lot), to win the cup? That sentiment is just bizarre to most fans outside of the sisters.

MJC is a massive Rangers symphasiser. He's using the classic projection tactic by saying everyone else is "seething", when in fact he gets extremely upset every time he has to read/hear his big team getting bullied by all the diddies.

See, this is what I mean by folk voiding reason and logic when the dreaded 'R' word is mentioned.

So I am apparently a "massive Rangers sympathiser". Based on what? I don't recall me saying much, if anything positive about that club(s) on this forum. I have said that I don't find them as repulsive a club as Celtic and their supporters are "harmless dafties" whom I find largely ridiculous, but that's hardly giving them a glowing reference is it? But, I am a "massive Rangers sympathiser".

And seething? Yes, I think plenty are seething, absolutely seething, particularly on this thread which is at what? Six, seven pages after only a day and started on the back of a comment by someone saying that it was good for the game to have 'Rangers' in the top flight or something.

Personally speaking, I couldn't care less about 'Rangers', they're not my club and I have no interest in them. I do however find it amusing how so many folk get themselves so wound up by them, maybe it's that which makes me a "massive Rangers sympathiser"? I don't know, is that how it works for the moon howlers?

You are correct on one point MJC. The mention of the word 'Rangers' does get some infuriated. Whether or not that is justified is an entirely different, very convoluted, story.

However, I think what is mystifying most people here is your apparent zeal in defending them at any opportunity. It's baffling to fans of most other teams who have been belittled, stepped on and offended by them and the circus surrounding them for years and feel a sense of righteousness about their current predicament.

In terms of wanting Rangers, (or the other lot), to win the cup? That sentiment is just bizarre to most fans outside of the sisters.

Again, I haven't defended them for anything. The best thing I've said about them is that I find their supporters largely "harmless dafties" whom I find ridiculous. I find their whole 'culture' and mentality, their "We are the people nonsense" pathetic and backward looking, but they've never done me any harm so I can let that go over my head.

I fully understand why fans of everyone bar 'Rangers' took such delight in them going to the wall and seeing them on their knees and indeed, from a purely Motherwell perspective, beating them so convincingly last year in the playoff was so special given the amount of torture we've endured against them in their previous version over the years and the amount of Rangers fans that live in Motherwell. The win at Ibrox in particular was one of the best nights I have had supporting Motherwell.

What I don't get though, is how so many just suspend all logic and rational thought where this particular club, or indeed clubs, is concerned. The general thinking if many seems to be that unless you subscribe to the theory that "Rangers are bad, they are evil, they are the scum of the earth, the forces of darkness" then you must be a Rangers supporter, or sympathiser. Well life isn't that black and white.

I do hope they win the cup, just to see the reaction on here and elsewhere. I see you missed that part out of your quote.

If they don't though, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Archived