Cockwomble is at it again

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanting either Celtic or Rangers to win anything is mentalist behaviour.

I want Celtic to win the cup purely because it means Thistle get a chance at Europe (which extends to anyone who could finish 4th).  Don't think that's particularly mentalist.  Of course, should Thistle do the expected, trip over their own laces on Saturday and end up in the bottom 6, then I'll revert to hoping anyone else wins for a laugh.

In terms of seethe, not really sure why Rangers winning would generate any more than Celtic winning.  The day after the semi final, there's going to be unimaginable levels of seethe no matter who wins.  Personally I think there will be more if Rangers lose given the rattling of the sabre from a lot of their fans. 

Couldn't care less about them yet white knights them at every opportunity and wants them to win the cup.

What a loser.

And again, logic and reason out of the window.

Never mind that I have never actually defended them.

Never mind that the best thing I have ever said about them is that I find them ridiculous and harmless dafties.

And never mind that I have said, twice now, that I only hope they win the cup because the reaction on places like this will be hilarious as the moon howlers implode but if they don't then I won't lose any sleep, because they are not my club and I have no real interest in them.

No, folk just read what they want to read and only see the bits that suit their silly wee agendas and someone not toeing the party line of "Rangers are bad, evil, forces of darkness, eat weans etc" ooft! Rangers sympathiser!

Ow, Ow, Owwwwwwww!

Never mind that the best thing I have ever said about them is that I find them ridiculous and harmless dafties.

And never mind that I have said, twice now, that I only hope they win the cup because the reaction on places like this will be hilarious as the moon howlers implode but if they don't then I won't lose any sleep, because they are not my club and I have no real interest in them.

No, folk just read what they want to read and only see the bits that suit their silly wee agendas and someone not toeing the party line of "Rangers are bad, evil, forces of darkness, eat weans etc" ooft! Rangers sympathiser!

Ow, Ow, Owwwwwwww!

^^^Not bothered^^^

They clearly do eat babies and this type of casual acceptance, indulgence and willful ignorance of evil is exactly how the holocaust came about.

I urge you MJC to recant your sins and abandon this folly, if not for your own sake then think of the shame you are visiting upon fellow Motherwell fans, your friends and family.

If not all you can look forward to is your inevitable arrest, trial, conviction and execution as a known collaborator. No one will weep at your unmarked grave and the only footnote you will leave on history is that of a grubby and complicit traitor.

MJC and friends

Nope, that's not my thing. I do however, know of some Motherwell fans who are into this kind of thing and I certainly wouldn't call them Rangers sympathisers either, far from it.

Using the "Celtic v Rangers = More viewers = more money" argument, for all that is true, is a short sighted and ignorant argument in terms of what will benefit the Scottish game most.

The single biggest, and therefor most important revenue stream in the Scottish game is the fans. Not TV, not corporate hospitality and not sponsorship. The fans. The revenue coming from the fans is more important to the clubs than the money from Sky. The clubs should remember to point that out to the press a lot more often.

In the 4 and a bit seasons since Rangers went bust, 8 clubs have won major trophies. Potentially 9 out of 15 depending on who wins the Scottish cup.

In the 5 seasons before Rangers went bust, 4 clubs won the 15 major trophies.

Given the fans are the most important revenue stream, which of those 5 season periods do you think will have done more to get some enthusiasm back into those who support anyone outside the two sides that dominated the game?

Rangers making the top league has not and will not save Scottish football. Potentially it is a disaster for Scottish football. Rangers going bust was a massive boost for the majority of Scottish football clubs. The only thing that could have saved the game completely would have been Celtic disappearing also. As it is, we are going from watching a game that currently gives a fairly wide number of potential cup winners to a game that in a few years will likely have a very narrow potential number of cup winners, save for the occasional shock. Which is healthier for the game overall?

The only people who will benefit from Rangers being back in the top league are Rangers, Celtic and the Scottish football press who can now put their feet up and let the job do itself.

Magnificent!

Ow, Ow, Owwwwwwww!

CfPogjQUEAEl7bn.jpg

I think a new name should be assigned to mad mentalist MJC. Given the thread title my suggestion would be Cockwomble 2. But I'm sure there would be plenty other suggestions :-)

Motherwell's Just Cover.

Going by the bit of his post you quote, was Ad Lib not simply saying that Kilmarnock was one of a group of clubs losing money?

Ah, I understand it now. Sorry Ad Lib and Cheers Monkey, (I was a bit quick off the mark to defend my club and misread the post).

I'm not bothered about Rangers.

However this is a forum for debate. I posted my opinion, others challenged it, I responded. That's how it works.

Even his avatar is Davie Cooper.

Mask slipping further.

'World Class' Davie Cooper to me and you.

So world class he ended up at Motherwell.

My main concern is the fact Celtic and Rangers are constantly talked up and the rest of us talked down/not mentioned at all. Why is this allowed to happen? Why aren't more pundits speaking up for the other clubs? Us folks on PnB - we're mostly a smart bunch. It can't just be us that sees this utter nonsense being constantly spouted from the months of these old firm w**k nuggets. Why is it that pro old firm chat is always reported and nothing negative? Theres a lack of spokesmen for the other Scottish clubs that keep the game alive. The way things are reported its the OF that keep the game alive but it really couldn't be any different.

Archived