Ross County vs Partick Thistle 9/4/16

Exactly as I saw it at the time. The polis might have removed some of the bravado shown by the 15 year old hard cases, but they were out in Station Road getting ready to direct the traffic.

quite sure I saw the shaven headed fella getting lifted about half five down the street with some guy trying to inconspicuously film the proceedings but failing miserably.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not how I saw it, but I wasn't that close to it.

Looked to me like the wee guy lashed out at the stewards who were trying to keep him and his wee posse from attacking the two County ball boys (for whatever reason). The stewards then decided that enough was enough and huckled him off whilst he was resisting their attempts, and it needed a bit of muscle to get him along the front of the stand. The posse then followed and the stewards were outnumbered by the wee neds just inside one of the exit gates.

The wee ned escaped and was last seen running along the road towards the town. Not sure if the stewards let him go or if there was a game of human tug of war.

IMO the wee guys were completely in the wrong and as a club we can do without them if they are going to behave like that.

County as a club messed up yesterday by trying to protect Fox and put the Jags fans in a side area, not behind the goal. Pre kick off it became clear that they'd need to use a tiny bit of the North Stand as overflow and when they opened it up they were faced with a crowd that they could not control that overspilled into the next section of North Stand. That gave the wee neds the idea that they were invincible and what happened at full time was consequence of the original error in not simply opening the North Stand as we all had expected.

If the Thistle fans had been in the North Stand from the off, you would have had a mix of folk in a relaxed mood ready to enjoy the game. Instead you had a shambles with five minutes to go before KO.

So next season we'll go up to Dingwall with the local stewards and our wee neds both harbouring a grudge. That looks like a fun day out.

I'll bow to your more detailed, if some what hysterical, review. Seems mine was an abbreviated version.

Good first half by County where we could easily have been three up. I love you dearly Alex but why the fuk, you didn't go yourself instead of passing to Graham??

Midfield worked well in my opinion with young Chris doing well in the non winger 442 role, but for a young guy, he's not the quickest. Woods done well, Murdoch and Gardyne were effect but with nothing too spectacular on show.

Great goal by Shalk but the amount of time the jags midfield and defence gave him was unreal.

Bus was parked with half an hour to go although it seemed like days with Quinn and Davies dealing with everything admirably. I was always worried when Dumbaya was on the ball as he had a brilliant game. Could do with a marauding back like that at Dingwall

Considering we were missing Jackson Irvine, had a few suffering with a virus (see http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14417174.Jim_McIntyre_salutes_sick_note_Alex_Schalk_for_seeing_off_Partick_Thistle/?ref=twtrec) and the defensive shambles at Dens last week, that was a brilliant if unexpected win. Backs to the wall in the 2nd half but Davies was immense.

Young Boomer making only his 2nd start did fine.

Can't believe Dundee blew it!

Despite us shipping 55 goals, that's two clean sheets for Fox v Thistle in Dingwall this season  :thumsup2

See you next season Thistle, one of my fav away days, I hope you get rid of that few nuggets that were trying to attack the ball boys at full time  :1eye

The sectarian behaviour in Inverness station by a number of Rangers and St Johnstone fans who were in the city for an 'Apprentice Boys Of Derry' parade, offended me far more than any of the goings on inside the stadium.

I can't really remember any bother from away fans at the GES. But I think that's the last 4 home games (DU x2, ICT, & PT) where a small section of visiting fans have embarrassed themselves.

You lot can hardly talk, your away support wore hawaiian gear to Firhill a couple of years ago. Shameful.

Getting over the disappointment of our result yesterday.

Well done County, been a great season for you guys. Will be even better if you can grab a Europa League spot too.

See you next season Dingwall :)

Any top flight side couldve signed them, but not all five. Goodwillie joining you freed up enough wages for Aberdeen to sign Church, fwiw. Youre completely deluded if you genuinely think your clubs yearly wage spend is realistic or sustainable

Loves a post about our finances.

You not been for a ride in your minibus sponsored by Ross County and that's why your obsessed with them.

Roy's a successful business man, he made a business decision to sign Goodwillie to help secure top 6 when we were still going for 2 cups and the top six spot. Turned out to be a poor one as he didn't really replace curran and has done....well not very much. But it was a strategy.

His wage isn't going to have cost us 100k so overall were up. If we had missed out on top 6 then it would have been a expenses mistake potentially. We could have won bigger had we not signed him but what if he had started banging them in. Maybe we would have been comfortable 4th.

I very much doubt we will be sitting with all 5 In our squad next season. Given he hasn't made many appearances recently I'd say he ain't hanging about.

Although maybe the extra top 6 cash we will have 6 strikers and a new team bus to really melt your head.

Loves a post about our finances.

You not been for a ride in your minibus sponsored by Ross County and that's why your obsessed with them.

Roy's a successful business man, he made a business decision to sign Goodwillie to help secure top 6 when we were still going for 2 cups and the top six spot. Turned out to be a poor one as he didn't really replace curran and has done....well not very much. But it was a strategy.

His wage isn't going to have cost us 100k so overall were up. If we had missed out on top 6 then it would have been a expenses mistake potentially. We could have won bigger had we not signed him but what if he had started banging them in. Maybe we would have been comfortable 4th.

I very much doubt we will be sitting with all 5 In our squad next season. Given he hasn't made many appearances recently I'd say he ain't hanging about.

Although maybe the extra top 6 cash we will have 6 strikers and a new team bus to really melt your head.

Youre absolutely deluded. "Speculate to accumulate" chat on a par with what Gretna fans used to spout. Maybe you'll qualify for Europe and get a windfall and be able to pay back the, relatively, large amounts MacGregor pumps into your club every year, but please stop pretending its anything other than financial doping. Well done on your successes and all, as money doesnt mean prizes, but the way your club is run is the complete opposite of what it should be at our level.

Archived