Edinburgh.

Really? I don't doubt that they seem to think they have some sort of patter merchant nonsense going on, but I'd be surprised if they specify it's better than Edinburgh's in particular (unless, as per the above, the specific topic is this tired old inter-city stuff). I think they just believe their chat is amusing full stop, without qualifying that against anyone else specifically...

I could be wrong though.

:lol:  Already said above I was looking for a bite and you still gave me one.  Not even FB went for that weak effort of mine.  Looks like I've still got it after all.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do people actually mean by. Better nightlife because from what I have experienced they are both pretty similar , decent pubs and clubs in both cities , not saying it is the reason here but on the likes of Facebook and Twitter it is usually middle aged blokes making this statement whose ideas of a great night out is that there is a variety of weatherpoons close by to each other , only main nightlife difference I can pin point is the fact we have the hydro and secc

Glasgow has much more to offer if you're looking for gigs and clubs. Bigger art scene as well not that I'm particularly interested.

Can understand yer point but the art scene in Glasgow is usually filled with thf insufferable west end, slightly American twanged tits of the city , most normal Glaswegians probably could not give a f**k about it or even have a clue what half of it is about haha

Can understand yer point but the art scene in Glasgow is usually filled with thf insufferable west end, slightly American twanged tits of the city , most normal Glaswegians probably could not give a f**k about it or even have a clue what half of it is about haha

A lot of people here feel the same about the Fringe but I like it.

I assume that Glasgow uni kids have same southern English accent.

In Edinburgh today at a course with the work, the number 22 bus is still as mobbed as previously.

My bus(es) to work in the morning are dead just now with the students being off for the Easter break. Much more enjoyable than scrambling for a seat with a bunch of wee dicks who ram past you ignoring any kind of queue for the bus.

A lot of people here feel the same about the Fringe but I like it.

I assume that Glasgow uni kids have same southern English accent.

I would actually say it sounds more slightly American twanged for some reason , similar to how Andy Murray talks at times

Should re open and be called the swinging jaw

It was amazing at the time, perhaps clubs like this just can't be a thing anymore but at least i got my fair share of wild nights there. Haven't been in there since i was 23/24 i don't think, thats probably the upper age limit that is acceptable IMO.

I think the accent you are talking about is a mid atlantic accent which i find when talking to some young non football types in Edinburgh. Quite often they have the most awful of chat as well. 

Arches 😭

Edinburgh clubs are all mostly the same chart/pop bullshit, it has next to no dance music scene. Glasgow has about 5 great venues for dance music, thus why we always end up on the 4am bus from Buchanan bus station back to Edinburgh.

Arches 😭

Edinburgh clubs are all mostly the same chart/pop bullshit, it has next to no dance music scene. Glasgow has about 5 great venues for dance music, thus why we always end up on the 4am bus from Buchanan bus station back to Edinburgh.

If all else fails just get the gbx blaring on Clyde wan on a Saturday night

Arches 😭

It hasn't always been that way there used to be plenty of options.

There are annual refuse collections in each district for large items which are a free service done once a year. The district will get a weeks notification to put out what they want lifted and the council then collect.

It sounds like you were there when this was happening. One week in 52 in each district.

Aye that must of been the case. On first impressions of a city without prior knowledge to this though was quite concerning.

Aye that must of been the case. On first impressions of a city without prior knowledge to this though was quite concerning.

It can give a poor impression when this is happening, especially if it falls in poorer weather.

Outwith the tourist areas they are still some lovely buildings and parks. Districts 13,6,7,8 & 9 spring to mind). There is plenty of good food and entertainment dotted around as well and sometimes in really unexpected places.

But first impressions are important. When living there we had the riots in 2006 protesting against the government. In one particular weekend (the weekend the tank was stolen and driven at the police). The rioters set up road blocks on all roads leading to downtown Pest and set them alight.

I was out walking with the Ex Mrs John McVeigh is a tit (just wanted to say that) and we came across an English couple standing by their suitcases. They had arrived for a short break. The taxi had dropped them off at one of the burning road blocks as he couldn't get through and they had no idea how to get to their hotel.

There faces were etched with fear and regret.

Which actually just reminded me of another beautiful city. Bangkok. Generally a shit hole, but down by the palace is unbelievably beautiful.

Archived