Edinburgh.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my car broke into twice in Edinburgh.

Had my wingmirror kicked off twice in Edinburgh.

My maw inlaw watched 8 kids leather shit out of 1 defenceless guy last year in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is lovely.

Sorry Gav: I thought your Vauxhall Cavalier was an interactive piece of modern art. 

Had my car broke into twice in Edinburgh.

Had my wingmirror kicked off twice in Edinburgh.

My maw inlaw watched 8 kids leather shit out of 1 defenceless guy last year in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is lovely.

Were you the defenceless guy who got beat up by 8 kids, mEH8?

Beautiful city.

My uncle moved to New Zealand just over ten years ago and he's of the opinion that you don't fully appreciate Edinburgh until you move away and only get the chance to visit occasionally. Anyone else that's moved away share that opinion?

Scotland in general tbh. Fwiw I generally prefer Edinburgh as a night out aswell, well did. Haven't been out since last year's Fringe.

I give it about 2 pages before a bunch of folk that have only ever been to football in Glasgow start calling it a midden.

Edinburgh is the most aesthetically pleasing city centre in the UK that I have visited, nothing even close really.

I'd go with that, Eton is pretty nice to walk through for such a small place. While Edinburgh Castle looks more imposing, Windsor Castle looks incredible along the long walk.

It'd probably help if you never claimed everyone was 'seething' or that you 'touched a nerve' every single time anybody replies to you.

Maybe then somebody would, eventually, actually become somewhat miffed and bite.

Maybe if you didnt respond to most of the stuff I post with tear stained rants like that.........?

Think about it :)

My wee flat up in EH17 has an interrupted view of the castle from the window, a nice wee park in front of it and fields at the top of the street.

Fully redecorated with new kitchen, bathroom, double glazing and heating.

It's up for sale......

I don't find people in Edinburgh to be arseholes at all and think this is a myth people are all too happy to go along with.

Worked with guys from Glasgow last year and their attitude was completely determined by this mindset. One guy said something like "I hate it here, so many snooty arseholes." When I asked who was rude or snooty to him in his time in Edinburgh he of course didn't have any examples as he had just had this mentality about he place he wasn't going to change.

Are folk in Glasgow really more friendly? I have been on the receiving end of homophobic and sectarian abuse there despite not being gay or Irish/Catholic.

It's just an internal version of the Scotland/England argument.

Archived