Edinburgh.

Beautiful city.

My uncle moved to New Zealand just over ten years ago and he's of the opinion that you don't fully appreciate Edinburgh until you move away and only get the chance to visit occasionally. Anyone else that's moved away share that opinion?

Yep.

Stayed in Essex for 18 months and every single time I came back up, as soon as I got to north bridge I'd just take a moment to have a look about and remind myself how beautiful the city really is.

Now I go that way 5 days a week for work and don't give the place a second glance.

Ps never been an EH6 boy however I was born & raised slap bang in the middle of Gorgie road. right opposite Stratties. Only Hibs song I'll never sing is Gorgie slums cause I get a horrible look off the old man :lol:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Edinburgh had a castle.

Apparently they do, and it feels like they tried to build the tram line in the same century.

It's a nice city to look at, I've never been able to properly enjoy it though. The Desperate Dan statue in Dundee is touristy enough for me.

Seems as good a place as any to ask - Camera Obscura - is it worth a trip through to go to?

Aye it's excellent, me and my Mrs had one of our first dates there. Some really cool stuff, good way to spend a few hours.

Lots of cracked pavements and all the buildings are grey. Very dark and gloomy and rubbish never seems to have been collected. The castle is just a big brown rock.

The accent is also horrendous, but what I want to know is what's so good about Edinburgh? Proper concrete answers please.

Lots of cracked pavements and all the buildings are grey. Very dark and gloomy and rubbish never seems to have been collected. The castle is just a big brown rock.

The accent is also horrendous, but what I want to know is what's so good about Edinburgh? Proper concrete answers please.

It should be a breeze to reinforce the strength of the Capital.

Edinburgh is more aesthetically pleasing than Glasgow, however the people are arseholes and Weegies are much friendlier.

This

Apart from the 5% or so from the slums of each city who would slash you for a can of special brew

On a final note, people who put salt and broon fucking sauce on chips should be kicked to within an inch of their lives

I don't find people in Edinburgh to be arseholes at all and think this is a myth people are all too happy to go along with.

Worked with guys from Glasgow last year and their attitude was completely determined by this mindset. One guy said something like "I hate it here, so many snooty arseholes." When I asked who was rude or snooty to him in his time in Edinburgh he of course didn't have any examples as he had just had this mentality about he place he wasn't going to change.

Are folk in Glasgow really more friendly? I have been on the receiving end of homophobic and sectarian abuse there despite not being gay or Irish/Catholic.

I don't find people in Edinburgh to be arseholes at all and think this is a myth people are all too happy to go along with.

Had my car broke into twice in Edinburgh.

Had my wingmirror kicked off twice in Edinburgh.

My maw inlaw watched 8 kids leather shit out of 1 defenceless guy last year in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is lovely.

Archived