Edinburgh.

Skidmarks doesn't know Fountainbridge from Polwarth so probably has no idea about the parking situation either.

That's true, lots of people tell me FountainBridge ends at FountainPark and after that is Polwarth. So I changed it. I'd hate to confuse people.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true, lots of people tell me FountainBridge ends at FountainPark and after that is Polwarth. So I changed it. I'd hate to confuse people.

Why do you need to be so specific and not just say Edinburgh?

Talking of Polwarth, The Fountain chippy has reverted to being called Aqua Marina. Changing the name to The Fountain seemed a strange move after The Fountain bar opened. 

The Fountainbridge chip shop opened up beside the Sainsburys as well, that might have influence their decision.

The Aqua Marina is horrible though, despite them giving you huge portions.

The Fountainbridge chip shop opened up beside the Sainsburys as well, that might have influence their decision.

The Aqua Marina is horrible though, despite them giving you huge portions.

I quite like the pizzas from Corner Pizza - dainty but decent quality. I've been know to get some chips from Aqua Marino if I'm having a sobering walk home from town and it can take weeks to get the smell of the fryers out of your clothes. 

It's got some cracking pubs and the worst one I have had the misfortune to drink in.

The Canny Mans in Morningside is the most 'up its own arse' pub I've ever been in.

Saying that, as doulikefish will testify, the radical road was one of the best run pubs I have ever been in.

It's got some cracking pubs and the worst one I have had the misfortune to drink in.

The Canny Mans in Morningside is the most 'up its own arse' pub I've ever been in.

Saying that, as doulikefish will testify, the radical road was one of the best run pubs I have ever been in.

Never been in but Canny Mans sounds brutal.  I pretty much hate Morningside anyway.

I've been in twice now, each time I was scowled at by the bar staff and viewed suspiciously by the folk having lunch.

Don't get me wrong, the menu looks great and it had some decent beers in but it's one of those places in Morningside - if you didn't go to private school and don't have a trust fund, don't bother coming in.

Archived