Edinburgh.

The Director of the Edinburgh Festival has just described it as "arguably the most beautiful city in the world".

I'm very fond of the place but can't agree with that one.

What's the thoughts of PnB?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh is OK I guess. But with the gardens looking like shite most of the time to accomodate the Xmas market, and then just being mud after it, the constant traffic bang in the centre of town, and the mostly shitey weather, it's not that great. Also the amount of scaffolding kicking about at the moment makes it look awful. You could pretty much take your pick of a central European city and it would be better.

I agree with the OP's point, I think the Director of the Edinburgh festival should have attracted more people to the festival by telling everyone it's a bit of a shitehole and there are better places to visit. 

It's an amazing city to loom at and has turned me into a total snob. The fact he says arguably means that you can't really disagree with it as there are people who would argue it was more beautiful than Rome, Venice etc.

It is absolutely beautiful though and I love living here.

"Arguably"

Key point of that remark.

Hibs'd it.

Edinburgh is a cracking city, but there are plenty of places that I'd rather visit in the World.

What are the chances of some twat from the west of Fife suggeting Dunfermline?

I was going to suggest Inverkeithing tbh. 

I'm a huge fan of Edinburgh.

I wouldn't quite put it up there with Brugges or Prague but it's OK.

Where Edinburgh let's itself down is it's abysmal modern architecture. Berlin has managed to integrate modernism into its city centre very successfully.

Archived