Mutley vs Ronny 09/04/16

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm not sure at all about this match. When Motherwell are in one of their 'in your faces' moods, which they seem to be just now, they are a difficult team to play against...especially at their own place. They are going well just now and with this being the last game before the split & their place still to be secured, they will be extra motivated to get something from the game.

With most games though, I think it'll be more to do with how Celtic play. We just don't know what team will turn up. Will it be the one who can go out there and get a comfortable 4-0 going on 5 or 6...or will it be the one who you can tell after the first 5 mins are going to go through the motions and walk away with a draw or worse.

Strangely enough, an Aberdeen win on Friday night might help us get a win on Saturday as I feel this Celtic team seem to do just enough to hit the bare requirement.

Strangely enough, an Aberdeen win on Friday night might help us get a win on Saturday as I feel this Celtic team seem to do just enough to hit the bare requirement.

I think this is a fair comment.  Celtic aren't a great side by any stretch, but they seem to be able to pull a result out when they really need to.

Even if Aberdeen slip up on the Friday night, I think Celtic will grind out a win here to keep them on track for the title.

If we are to get a Top 6 place, we'll need to rely on other results going our way.

Motherwell 1-2 Celtic. 

I think this is a fair comment. Celtic aren't a great side by any stretch, but they seem to be able to pull a result out when they really need to.

Even if Aberdeen slip up on the Friday night, I think Celtic will grind out a win here to keep them on track for the title.

If we are to get a Top 6 place, we'll need to rely on other results going our way.

Motherwell 1-2 Celtic.

I just hope we don't slip up if Aberdeen win. The media would be rubbing their hands & looking out the old 'cracked Celtic crests' again, while our more fickle fans will be putting pressure on the club ahead of the semi-final clash.

I just hope we don't slip up if Aberdeen win. The media would be rubbing their hands & looking out the old 'cracked Celtic crests' again, while our more fickle fans will be putting pressure on the club ahead of the semi-final clash.

You CANNOT LOSE THAT. It would cause a rift in the space-time continuum which would release legions of the undead across the whole world.

You CANNOT LOSE THAT. It would cause a rift in the space-time continuum which would release legions of the undead across the whole world.

😂 Sadly the undead are already among us. If we should somehow lose it then I'm at a loss as to...'what next'

But if Utd beat Hibs, there's no way they would beat celtic, would probably beat rangers though

Was there not Tennis balls thrown into the pitch from both sets of fans the last time for a protest against the 'Offensive Behaviour at Football Act'?

Aye that was from both sets of fans, Green Brigade behind goal and the Motherwell Boys in that corner pre planned it for the tenth minute or something

I can see us scoring two again but the result will depend on how many Celtic score. I think we can sneak a 2-2 draw.

I can't make this due to the stupid early kick off making this the 6th season ticket game I've missed. For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if we won

After the recent verdict on the play-off shenanigans, Motherwell have to be seen to be doing all they can to prevent issues so they can say - look, we did what you asked. Hence the fairly strange tweets.

I can see why sponsors would want their adverts to be visible during a televised game so saying they can't be covered by banners is understandable.

Aye that was from both sets of fans, Green Brigade behind goal and the Motherwell Boys in that corner pre planned it for the tenth minute or something

I hope they do something again, the utter seethe it promoted from Motherwell fans was a delight. 

"HOW DARE THEY COMBINE WITH OTHER PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR VIEWS ABOUT A PARTICULAR ISSUE!".

Sviatchenko being out for Celtic should be a giggle, Ambrose - Boyata - Mulgrew - Tierney is about as weak a back four as Celtic could play, presuming Blackett has been turned into Pritt-Stick. Boyata deciding to wear roller-skates instead of studs worked pretty well for us at Parkhead, I hope he does it again.

Mulgrew & Tierney are not an issue. Big Efe is generally reliable for 4 out of 5 games. Good player on the ball. He just has that ability to switch off once...but it's not always as bad as people make out. Now Boyata is the one that worries me.

After the recent verdict on the play-off shenanigans, Motherwell have to be seen to be doing all they can to prevent issues so they can say - look, we did what you asked. Hence the fairly strange tweets.

I can see why sponsors would want their adverts to be visible during a televised game so saying they can't be covered by banners is understandable.

Yeah the flag thing is pretty obvious, I had forgotten about the tennis balls being thrown on the pitch at a pre planned time by both sets of fans last game, found it amusing more than anything, being frisked for smuggling fuzzy balls in is a first at the football :D

Mulgrew & Tierney are not an issue. Big Efe is generally reliable for 4 out of 5 games. Good player on the ball. He just has that ability to switch off once...but it's not always as bad as people make out. Now Boyata is the one that worries me.

This.

Efe is actually decent as a stand in right back, and the odd error there isnt as severely punished. Boyata has not been convincing at all this season, easily turned and muscled out of 50/50 balls and has a tendency like Efe to carelessly loose possesion in dangerous areas, he is prone as well to lunging into the back of players although in the games v Hearts and Dundee he was a lot better to be fair, hope I havent jinxed him by saying that, I'd imagine he and Mulgrew will be the centre half pairing tomorrow

I hope they do something again, the utter seethe it promoted from Motherwell fans was a delight.

"HOW DARE THEY COMBINE WITH OTHER PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR VIEWS ABOUT A PARTICULAR ISSUE!".

It's just a shame a similar protest wasn't arranged for the return match in December.

Surely the green brigade aren't shy about holding up games at their own midden.

Sviatchenko being out for Celtic should be a giggle, Ambrose - Boyata - Mulgrew - Tierney is about as weak a back four as Celtic could play, presuming Blackett has been turned into Pritt-Stick. Boyata deciding to wear roller-skates instead of studs worked pretty well for us at Parkhead, I hope he does it again.

I can understand the seethe completely. Our fans shouldn't be joining in protest with the same mob who smashed that stand up two years previously.

Archived