I honestly don't disagree with you.  It is why I believe whether it is in the next couple of years, 5 years/10 years down the line we'll be right back where started pre 2012, back to the same old duopoly.  But at least there'll be that extra TV cash I suppose  :(

Hey you've had the benefit of Rangers-reliant TV dosh plus you've sugar-daddied* your debt.  All would be well in AB24 if you learn how to kick a fucking ball and if the Lord of the Dance ditty wasn't so desultory.

*To sugar daddy is fine as a verb.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey you've had the benefit of Rangers-reliant TV dosh plus you've sugar-daddied* your debt.  All would be well in AB24 if you learn how to kick a fucking ball and if the Lord of the Dance ditty wasn't so desultory.

*To sugar daddy is fine as a verb.

"Rangurrss are the only club in the country to play football", yawn.

Stick to reasoned debate, you're nae bad at it when you give it a chance. Posts like the above simply pandering to the F_B's of this forum.

Hey you've had the benefit of Rangers-reliant TV dosh

Stick to reasoned debate, you're nae bad at it when you give it a chance. Posts like the above simply pandering to the F_B's of this forum.

You're doing me a disservice here, china.  The whole point of the SPL/SLF 'merger' farrago was media rights and your mob have benefited much more than we have from it.  I hope you have the guts to admit it.

All would be well in AB24 if you learn how to kick a fucking ball and if the Lord of the Dance ditty wasn't so desultory.

This is the quote I was referring to.

You're doing me a disservice here, china.  The whole point of the SPL/SLF 'merger' farrago was media rights and your mob have benefited much more than we have from it.  I hope you have the guts to admit it.

I have no idea in regards to how much we have benefited in comparison to you, if you have the numbers to hand I will happily admit it.

In terms of the motive behind the merger I've already said to you several times that I agree media rights etc was behind it.

All would be well in AB24 if you learn how to kick a fucking ball and if the Lord of the Dance ditty wasn't so desultory.

Thanks for clarifying and, OK, we've reached clashing agreement about off-field stuff so we can get back to football.  Phew.

Thanks for clarifying and, OK, we've reached clashing agreement about off-field stuff so we can get back to football. Phew.

Well given you base your opinion on my team on 45 minutes of football, and I haven't watched your team once outside of what I've seen on sportscene, I doubt we'd have much to talk about.

That is not without question. That is with sanctions.

It's still the case that they'd have been let back in, without question, were it not for the intervention of fans.

Sanctions may or may not have been involved.

Without question though, top flight chairmen would have allowed Rangers to continue as if nothing had happened. It's a great triumph, that this was not allowed to happen.

It's still the case that they'd have been let back in, without question, were it not for the intervention of fans.

Sanctions may or may not have been involved.

Without question though, top flight chairmen would have allowed Rangers to continue as if nothing had happened. It's a great triumph, that this was not allowed to happen.

Stop talking pish that was never going to happen.

Honestly? Yes, a bit. Not sure on the whole league being dissolved part, while I don't doubt there was motives behind it which you allude to I think ultimately the separation of the "SPL" initially was actually the moment the game was a bogie. That was the real snuggling up to the blue/green&grey pound and that is what I am ashamed of.

Absolutely spot on.

Kincardine's new found reverence for the SFL is simply being displayed here as a tactic. The real day that body got crushed was when the SPL got formed by the clubs abandoning it. It's regrettable that it's now gone altogether, but the foundations of that were very firmly laid in 1998.

That we've now got one league structure again is great and is better than the split set-up that existed before. It's pretty unpalatable that Doncaster heads up the new set-up, but while Longmuir emerged from summer 2012 with more dignity than Doncaster and Regan, he did not take any kind of stand against the bullying to admit Rangers to SFL1 and he later advocated the admission of OF colt sides. The separation of SPL bad; SFL good, was pretty mythical in truth.

I'm not going to pretend that the behaviour of top flight clubs has been characterised by anything other than greed, since well before and during the Rangers liquidation.

The demise of the SFL in all of this may be a bit of a shame, but the crime was in separating the leagues, a generation earlier.

Stop talking pish that was never going to happen.

I don't believe that what I said amounted to "pish" at all.

Genuinely, I don't. Only when chairmen became scared by the threats from their fans, did the tide begin to turn in a way which saw the Newco fail to be admitted at the top level.

I don't believe that what I said amounted to "pish" at all.

Genuinely, I don't. Only when chairmen became scared by the threats from their fans, did the tide begin to turn in a way which saw the Newco fail to be admitted at the top level.

"Only when chairmen became scared by the threats from their fans,"

And you think that's acceptable?

We are the customers of their companies, of course it is acceptable to threaten the withdrawal of our custom. Did you not refuse to go to Ibrox whilst Green was in charge?

Of course it's entirely acceptable.

In fact it's downright desirable.

The threats did not involve violence, but the withdrawal of custom, if fans saw the competitions they invested in, trashed.

To have not issued such threats would have been unacceptable.

We are the customers of their companies, of course it is acceptable to threaten the withdrawal of our custom. Did you not refuse to go to Ibrox whilst Green was in charge?

I never threatened anyone or made them scared.

Still can't believe that monkey posted that.

Silly me thinking that threatening people is wrong, what was I thinking....

Do we really need to do this? What's actually in it for you?

Threatening to withdraw custom if displeased is of course perfectly legitimate. Of course, you know this to be the case without me saying it.

Silly me thinking that threatening people is wrong, what was I thinking....

No people were threatened, unlike the scenes from the Rangers fans back then, the business of the clubs (sorry the companies running the clubs) was threatened. No living person was ever threatened with physical harm (again, unlike the behaviour instigated by Fat Sally's "who are these people" rabble rousing)

Archived