New Ardrossan Winton Rovers Manager

AWRFC

Good appointment, lots of experience with top clubs, winning mentality and will demand nothing less than 100% committment. Will not suffer slackers, time wasters or egotists Would imagine there will be some ruffled feathers in winton dressing room. Time away from juniors will have given him time to take in a few matches and will probably have a list of one or two that he will need for the future. Make no mistake there are several good players at Rovers and I am sure they are up for the battle so good luck and lets get started 

Who is joining him on coaching staff,  slot for Derek Cook if he comes back to the area?  

Good appointment, lots of experience with top clubs, winning mentality and will demand nothing less than 100% committment. Will not suffer slackers, time wasters or egotists Would imagine there will be some ruffled feathers in winton dressing room. Time away from juniors will have given him time to take in a few matches and will probably have a list of one or two that he will need for the future. Make no mistake there are several good players at Rovers and I am sure they are up for the battle so good luck and lets get started 

Who is joining him on coaching staff,  slot for Derek Cook if he comes back to the area?  

Bit surprised by this appointment but don't know who else was in for the job. The Winton committee don't have a good track record of choosing the right manager in recent seasons and time will tell if they got this one right. Who are the top clubs he has lots of experience with, my knowledge is fairly limited but did he not resign from Arthurlie when they were fighting relegation and also do the same at Largs last year? 

Bit surprised by this appointment but don't know who else was in for the job. The Winton committee don't have a good track record of choosing the right manager in recent seasons and time will tell if they got this one right. Who are the top clubs he has lots of experience with, my knowledge is fairly limited but did he not resign from Arthurlie when they were fighting relegation and also do the same at Largs last year?

Agree with your post mate and ur totally ryt with the teams he's managed.Dnt get me wrong the guy has experience but it's experience from being involved with teams who have either been relegated or he's jumped ship with teams who have been threating to go down so imo not only a weird appointment but strange he wants to involve himself with a team who realistically are fighting to stay up . From the post winton have put about the class of managers applied then surely there was some1 out of all that with a better track record

Why wouldn't Sandy be interested? He has not got them in a position of relegation so if they do go down no one will surely blame him. But what he has got a decent run club , good set up and probably the biggest budget in the ADL to get them back up. It's a no brainer for him if you ask me!

If Derek Cook did come back to the area he is too good a manager to play second fiddle to anybody.

Archived