Cowdenbeath v Brechin City

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still feel totally deflated after that. Thought we played well, particularly in the first half and should have won the game but a cheap opening goal and some wasteful finishing was our undoing. A draw would have sufficed and would have kept Cowden within reach so conceding late on was a real sickener.

With Forfar picking up results and Cowden/Stenny having a bit of a cushion I think we may well need to win our last 3 games to avoid automatic relegation. Not out of the question with the way we've been playing but a tall order nonetheless. The two home games against Peterhead and Stranraer will be tough.

It's a real shame we took so long to bring in a couple of competent attacking midfielders. If we had someone like Watt/Spence from the start of the season we could have been looking at the promotion playoffs. May well be too little too late but we've a fighting chance, which is far more than we expected after the hammering at Albion.

Still feel totally deflated after that. Thought we played well, particularly in the first half and should have won the game but a cheap opening goal and some wasteful finishing was our undoing. A draw would have sufficed and would have kept Cowden within reach so conceding late on was a real sickener.

With Forfar picking up results and Cowden/Stenny having a bit of a cushion I think we may well need to win our last 3 games to avoid automatic relegation. Not out of the question with the way we've been playing but a tall order nonetheless. The two home games against Peterhead and Stranraer will be tough.

It's a real shame we took so long to bring in a couple of competent attacking midfielders. If we had someone like Watt/Spence from the start of the season we could have been looking at the promotion playoffs. May well be too little too late but we've a fighting chance, which is far more than we expected after the hammering at Albion.

Brechin seem decent and will be a shame if your club get relegated and you probably deserved something yesterday but you have to take your chances.

A win from you guys against Stranraer would be nice as crazy as it is we could still finish 4th with a show down at Stranraer last game of the season but the chances of that happening is very unlikely

I think you will stay up. You are more than capable of winning all 3 games. Two wins and a draw might even be enough. I reckon one win will be enough for us. Still all to play for.

I certainly wouldn't have any keeper in this league over Smith either. That's a matter of opinion but to say it's mad talk is complete nonsense. Murdoch has spent most of his career out on loan or warming the bench, this season he's hidden behind the best team in the league by a country mile.

Spoken by a man who has no idea what he's talking about. Murdoch has been very good to excellent for us this season. Our defence is a bit ropey but you wouldn't know it thanks to him.

A par fan who's big team is Cowden. Well I never!

I've actually missed a Cowden game to go to a pars game (the relegation decider against Dundee around 2004? Some game actually).

Was mascot that day, we won 5-0 with Derek Young getting a hat-trick.

I've been to plenty Cowdenbeath games over the years, don't think it's ever been over going to a home Pars game though. I know plenty of Pars fans went to the helicopter game at Central.

Was mascot that day, we won 5-0 with Derek Young getting a hat-trick.

I've been to plenty Cowdenbeath games over the years, don't think it's ever been over going to a home Pars game though. I know plenty of Pars fans went to the helicopter game at Central.

I seen a lot of Dunfermline fans at the Elgin game. A fair few of them joined in the pub crawl celebrations after it as well. Great day that.

Nothing much more to add than what's already been said. Massive 3 points for us. On another day we'd lost that by a couple of goals. Was impressed with Kyle Miller when he came on - think he'll be a big player for us over the next few games.

Not impressed with Gibbons at all. Twice I've seen him now and twice he's been one of the worst players on the park.

Great Brechin support down as well.

Nothing much more to add than what's already been said. Massive 3 points for us. On another day we'd lost that by a couple of goals. Was impressed with Kyle Miller when he came on - think he'll be a big player for us over the next few games.

Not impressed with Gibbons at all. Twice I've seen him now and twice he's been one of the worst players on the park.

Great Brechin support down as well.

Others have said Gibbons has done well for us. Prob for us is that our midfield gets dominated too much. We lack an old head or composure in there. Last player like that we had was Fowler. One of the reasons we stayed up that year.

Others have said Gibbons has done well for us. Prob for us is that our midfield gets dominated too much. We lack an old head or composure in there. Last player like that we had was Fowler. One of the reasons we stayed up that year.

I can see Gibbons having potential. Occassionally he has a nice touch and then does a good pass but far too often he gives the ball away.  Could just be that he's had 2 off days and I've just happened to see it.

Your point about Fowler I agree with - think that is one area that Sives has helped us in greatly since coming in. Been very impressed with him so far.

Right let's get something straight. The players have shown their mettle this season as has been proved by the last few games. Comments suggesting they have flattered to deceive show how ignorant some supposed diehard fans are! Now is the time for all fans to get behind the team as we fight for our survival in the league.

Doesn't get any easier watching it a second time. No idea how we managed to lose that one, a lot of wasteful finishing but some excellent play considering the state of the park.

Doesn't get any easier watching it a second time. No idea how we managed to lose that one, a lot of wasteful finishing but some excellent play considering the state of the park.

Brilliant highlights wasted by the bitter text messages. I fail to see any need or indeed any benefit they have. That is unless who put them there is hellbent on proving they are a bad loser. Every Cowdenbeath fan who has commented on this game has said we were very lucky. Are we now being accused of cheating. Shame on you.

Brilliant highlights wasted by the bitter text messages. I fail to see any need or indeed any benefit they have. That is unless who put them there is hellbent on proving they are a bad loser. Every Cowdenbeath fan who has commented on this game has said we were very lucky. Are we now being accused of cheating. Shame on you.

As I was watching that I was thinking the exact same thing. Best highlight package in the league. The second angle at the goals were really well done. Loved it.

The ongoing text was horrific though. Drop that and your onto a winner.

Especially liked the one where Deano went down injured. There wasn't much in it granted but the brechin guy defo pulled him back. What the sarky commentator doesn't know is that Deano went into the game with a neck injury which he's been carrying for a while so the slight twist from the pull back was enough to bring out that reaction.

Kenny Asdamson in the line-ups as well. Top bantz.

Also how many cameras did they have at the game? Spend a few bob on players instead of cameras and they might not be bottom of the league.

The captions on the highlights are unfortunately a regular thing and really cringeworthy. The guy that edits the highlights you could say doesn't have a "football brain" but credit to him for putting together an otherwise excellent highlights package. Just wish someone at the club would have a word with him to keep the text out. As you say there is absolutely no need for them.

The captions on the highlights are unfortunately a regular thing and really cringeworthy. The guy that edits the highlights you could say doesn't have a "football brain" but credit to him for putting together an otherwise excellent highlights package. Just wish someone at the club would have a word with him to keep the text out. As you say there is absolutely no need for them.

Top work on the filming and editing. I have said enough about the rest.

Archived