Cowdenbeath v Brechin City

We're in a real scrap to avoid relegation. We need to stay up, then focus on a serious promotion push for next season. Whatever the limitations of our rookie manager or some players, barracking the manager or players is never going to help the cause. The players are trying hard and there are signs of promise - we need to stay behind them, especially at a time when survival in this league is in our own hands.

😄

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had another rotten season and it's great to be in a position where our destiny is still in our own hands. I know that Ayr had a poor game on Saturday but we dominated them for most of the game and played some nice passing football. Brechin are on the up also so this should be a close match.

Hoping that we get a decent ref for a change, if there is such a thing. Nice to feel a bit more up for a coming game instead of dreading it. Going for a home win by a one goal margin. Brechin to hit the bar in the 22nd minute of time added on.

Absolutely huge game for us. Lost count of how many times we have blown it in games like this. I fear that if we don't win this one it will be like last season again.

Absolutely huge game for us. Lost count of how many times we have blown it in games like this. I fear that if we don't win this one it will be like last season again.

Can't get the game v Arbroath out of my mind.

On thing for sure, Brechin will give it everything, there will be a few sore shins on Saturday night.

Dods to get a red card, he's been walking a tightrope every game I've seen him play.

Surely we deserve a decent ref for this one.

On thing for sure, Brechin will give it everything, there will be a few sore shins on Saturday night.

Dods to get a red card, he's been walking a tightrope every game I've seen him play.

Dods missed last weeks game and he said in press, he thought he would be out for a couple of weeks so may not play.

Sorry Dods most likely will miss this one due to injury. 

Decent ref ?  Can  we import one from England for the day ? 

Not looking good for us.

Ref is Barry Cook who refd the townie new year game. Refused us two stonewall pens and sent Nish to the stand and that was on the back of some previous history with Nish from his dumbo days

We are well up against it now I fear.

Was one of these stonewall penalties the one where Spence immediately apologised for diving?

Nish who massively encroached on the field of play to shout abuse at the officials?

We don't need people with good memories on here. We like our own spin on history thank you very much.

Cheers. It's a must not lose IMO.

It's a must win game for me.

Have to pull away from the bottom two.Dissapointed to hear who the referee based on history between Nish and Cook.

However Cook is meant to be a professional and I am sure he will put any personal differences aside between him and Nish hopefully

Cheers. It's a must not lose IMO.

A draw would be acceptable for trying to avoid relegation. Everytime you keep winning though it keeps the ridiculously faint hope of a playoff alive.

Brechin were very impressive against us, Thompson is a real handful.

A draw would be acceptable for trying to avoid relegation. Everytime you keep winning though it keeps the ridiculously faint hope of a playoff alive.

Brechin were very impressive against us, Thompson is a real handful.

Think he played against us at Brechin, must have been off his game, can't remember him doing much.

Be great to hear Brechin's goalie again,

The ref is a worry though, last thing we want is someone with a score to settle.

Think he played against us at Brechin, must have been off his game, can't remember him doing much.

Be great to hear Brechin's goalie again,

The ref is a worry though, last thing we want is someone with a score to settle.

Getting the excuses in early ?   8)

Mon the ref  !!  

Archived