Weather Watch 5/6th April

uptheslope

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there no meaningless league games carried forward last season after the play offs ? What's the crack wi the league cup did someone say clubs could withdraw ?

The way the weather is going there might be meaningful games having to take place after the 16th!

well, if our game is aff I hope the Midlothian Municipal Open Air Swimming Pool, Rosewell, is able to host a game tomorrow as I might take it in.

Don't forget to pack your trunks in your duffle bag. The poppet machine is still working up there.

I've heard they are doing a 3 for the price of 2 on Rosewellington boots.

Grimbo

How drattedly annoying- it's not a bad day in Edinburgh as well...

I hope the students are in a generous mood on Saturday although it'll not be an easy game...

Get yourself up to Inverurie Tam ... offer Grim a lift up and let's see how serious he really is about Spartans chances :P

Another, from Whitehill's twitter:

CfWWeynWQAE53kG.jpg

Tbf, on Saturday that quarter of the pitch was like a beach given the amount of sand on it - I suspect the photo was taken when the tide was in ;).

I planned to watch Selkirk last night - off. Thought about Hawick tonight - off. Ok, maybe head up to Saughton - off :lol:.

I can't ever recall someone having 3 games from 4 postponed in late March/early April.

Spartans have only had 1 fewer games postponed in the last 10 days than EK or Edinburgh City have had postponed all season.

CfWWeynWQAE53kG.jpg

Tbf, on Saturday that quarter of the pitch was like a beach given the amount of sand on it - I suspect the photo was taken when the tide was in ;).

I planned to watch Selkirk last night - off. Thought about Hawick tonight - off. Ok, maybe head up to Saughton - off :lol:.

I can't ever recall someone having 3 games from 4 postponed in late March/early April.

Spartans have only had 1 fewer games postponed in the last 10 days than EK or Edinburgh City have had postponed all season.

Camera doesn't lie HJ ;)

Talking of sand even the ref at the ww Stirling Uni game last week was gonnae call it off half hour before kick off until they managed to sand over a small but heavy patch :o

Too much h&s nowadays....

Camera doesn't lie HJ ;) Talking of sand even the ref at the ww Stirling Uni game last week was gonnae call it off half hour before kick off until they managed to sand over a small but heavy patch :o Too much h&s nowadays....

post-12982-0-15689400-1459981291_thumb.j

This is Charlton v Preston, 1937- made of sterner stuff 80 years ago! 

CfWWeynWQAE53kG.jpg

Tbf, on Saturday that quarter of the pitch was like a beach given the amount of sand on it - I suspect the photo was taken when the tide was in ;).

I can't ever recall someone having 3 games from 4 postponed in late March/early April.

Hope we don't get the Welfare away in the Cup, we'll never get the season finished? :)

Grimbo

Hope we don't get the Welfare away in the Cup, we'll never get the season finished? :)

Grimbo

in the old days they used to double up fixtures to get the season finished- you may wish to lobby to bring back that tradition so that the League and Cup fixtures v Welfare are the same game  :lol:

Archived