Weather Watch 5/6th April

uptheslope

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad forecast for the next couple of days, looking at all four fixtures they could all be under threat.

Helicopter Wednesday cancelled?

Helicopter Wednesday? Nice ring to it. Can just imagine someone sitting in the skies getting ready to give the trophy to spartans at Rosewell if city get beat..........

4pm pitch inspection this afternoon ahead of the Vale v City game tomorrow night.

That's off then. No way an inspection can be called a day in advance when the forecast is for more rain and then pass the inspection, it's not like it's a days travel to get there for the opposition. Unless vale have another park lined up to play? Gala perhaps?

Update from WW ...

Tomorrow night we are scheduled to face Spartans at home in the Ferrari Packaging Lowland League. Kick off 6.30pm.

The heavy rain over past few days has left Ferguson Park very soft and in places waterlogged. There will be a 9.30 pitch inspection by club officials tomorrow morning. We will provide an update immediately after.

Situation currently:

Today:

Selkirk v Stirling Uni - OFF, unplayable soft pitch

- https://twitter.com/Selkirk5/status/717269097415852032

Threave v Cumbernauld - on?

Tomorrow:

Vale of Leithen v Edinburgh City - inspection 4pm today

-https://twitter.com/EdinburghCityFC/status/717300208997154817

Whitehill v Spartans - inspection 9:30am tomorrow

- https://twitter.com/whitehilwelfare/status/717319449985085440

When does the league campaign have to be finished?

First leg of play off is 23rd. I'd imagine they'd want a champion crowned before the 16th. Can't envisage that it would be a good idea to be less than seven days before the game to have them identified. Particularly from a logistics point of view for both teams involved. Have they had the draw yet to decide which league hosts which leg?

When does the league campaign have to be finished?
First leg of play off is 23rd. I'd imagine they'd want a champion crowned before the 16th. ?
Was there no meaningless league games carried forward last season after the play offs ? What's the crack wi the league cup did someone say clubs could withdraw ?

Was there no meaningless league games carried forward last season after the play offs ? What's the crack wi the league cup did someone say clubs could withdraw ?

no meaningless league games involving the CHAMPIONS last season due to us winning the League by a canter, Newkie...  I just had to say that...  :lol:

no meaningless league games involving the CHAMPIONS last season due to us winning the League by a canter, Newkie...  I just had to say that...  :lol:

Bit like this season then...

Ye ken what I meant...

After the league was won and play off confirmed there was still games AFTER the play off.

Think it'll be drawn as soon as the Champions are confirmed Newky.

Archived