Best 'Scenes' At The Football

BinoBalls

Best Scenes You've Been Involved In

• Rob Jones scoring the first goal in the 2007 CIS Cup final. The video someone took from their flat outside Hampden sums it up nicely
  • Same game, Abdessalam Benjelloun's first goal to make it 2-0, noise level after that was absolutely immense
  • Leigh Griffiths' winner against Aberdeen in the 2012 semi-final

Best Scenes You've Seen From Opposition

• Hearts fans for both goals in their 2-0 win at Easter Road in 2010, first Edinburgh derby with the new east stand
  • Rangers (RIP) fans in the first game with the new east stand, Kenny Miller hat-trick
  • Aberdeen fans after Willo Flood's thundercunt winner at Pittodrie

Best Scenes On TV

Usual candidates already been mentioned

• Aguero's last gasp winner against QPR
  • Deeney's thundercunt against Leicester to take the Hornets to Wembley
  • Steve Fletcher's last minute winner to keep Bournemouth in the football league
  • Gary Caldwell vs France
  • James McFadden vs France....'nough said
  • Liverpool vs AC Milan in Istanbul
  • Germany after Mario Gotze's winner in the final

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different sort of scenes but the day West Brom escaped relegation when 3 out of 4 teams were going down was pretty ace. Just the moment everybody realises they have stayed up and the pitch invasion after.

Battling your local rivals for the title the whole season then coming back from a goal down to win with a free kick against them in a full stadium.

f**k off.

Was scenes though.

When Walker scored deep into injury time at the first game at EEP, I actually had a sore chest from celebrating so much. 

Coming back from 1-0 down to score two late goals to beat Cowden that season was aslo scenes.  The terrace absolutely exploded. 

For being in amongst I'd put the second goal in our 2-0 win over Morton as being more "scenes" I'd never seen us win a championship before, was just such a great outpouring of relief and happiness that the season was over and we were actually going to win it.

Second place would be a last minute winner against Raith, first game at Starks in about ten years? 1-0 down to an offside goal (nothing fuels scenes quite like injustice), pulled level about the 60 minute mark before in the last minute some cracking football down the line leads to a cross in with it being converted by ex Par Craig Wilson. Scenes.

The full time whistle when we got a 0-0 draw against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup in 1999.

The run in to our title win in 2000 when we won our last 5 games. I remember East Fife at home (won 1-0, scored in 50 odd seconds, held on for the next 89 minutes), East Stirling away (won 1-0 at the old Firs Park to win promotion, I was part of a pitch invasion at full time), Brechin at home (won 1-0, mentioned earlier in the thread), Cowdenbeath away on the last day (won 3-2, awesome celebrations).

Celtic in the Scottish Cup in 2009. 2-0 down in the second half, up pops Adam Coakley. Shot parried by Boruc, Coakley stuck the rebound in. Almost the whole team celebrated in the corner. We went bonkers. I could hardly talk at full time.

The Peterhead game that got us the Celtic tie. Crazy scenes when we went ahead, even crazier at full time with chants of "bring on the Celtic." I was a quivering wreck in the closing minutes and lost it at the end.

One of the years we made the playoffs under Gardner Speirs, we scored a late winner against Albion Rovers. I jumped out my seat so quick, I banged both my legs off the seat in front, drawing blood in the process.

Beating Elgin 6-0 in 2012. We went more manic with every goal and folk were taking photos of the scoreboard.

Most recently, equalising against Rangers (2012 edition) in the League Cup. Tony Quinn's head got to the ball before their keeper and it looped in. I laughed as much as I cheered. Super Ally and Ian Durrant's faces were priceless.

Struggling to think of any to be honest. In 2009 when we got relegated, Raith Rovers beat us at Hampden to win the 2nd Division title so probably that.

Best Scenes On TV

Two come to mind, both recent. Germany's mauling of Brazil in the World Cup was surreal to watch. Both legs of the Rangers (2012 edition)-Motherwell play offs last year were also great, especially the scenes at the final whistle at Fir Park. One of the funniest things I've watched in a long time.

Can't believe no Rovers fan has mentioned the League Cup semi against Airdrie. Keeper dubiously sent off when we were in control, 12 year old dwarf replaces him, concedes to the first shot on target, before becoming a hero in the penalty shoot out. Glorious. Shaun Dennis getting booked in the shoot out for shouting "Up yours Scab" at John Martin was also quite entertaining. The buzz of being in a cup final against the odds was great. I haven't seen such a large scale pitch invasion at the Rovers since.

The Allan Walker equaliser at EEP in the 2.2 game has already been covered. Brilliant stuff. The angry scenes as loads of us in the Rovers end counted the Pars players and realised they'd sneaked an extra one on we're note able too.

There are loads of great late winners but an honourable mention to Big Casa for the late equaliser against Ayr a few years ago. With epic levels of seethe built up against Crawford Allan, stonewall penalties waved away and chance after chance spurned Casa popped up scored, mini pitch invasion, one steward falling on his pus trying to chase a boy back into the stand and another trying to put Jamie Walker (full kit w****r!) in the stand. Scenes!

For Scotland, McFadden in Paris and Ferguson v Italy. Never felt more gutted than after that game but the reaction to our goal was crazy.

As far as scenes from opponents the Neil McCann 96th minute winner definitely sparked ridiculous scenes in the Derry. We'd been 1.0 up ten minutes earlier. I still blame Andy McNeil.

On TV - the Germany v Italy finish in the 2006 semi was pretty good. Craig Beattie doing a lap of Hampden after the penalty against Celtic had a bit of scenes about it. There will be better ones come to mind immediately after I finish this post.

Bobby Linn's goal to put us 2-1 up at Ibrox was pretty scenic, and we should've had a point but for a more than helpful referee. Honourable mentions to Alan Cook and David Banjo for their Ibrox efforts too.

Keiran Stewart's goal to put us 1 up at Easter Road was brilliant too. A great performance that day which led me and most other Arbroath fans to believe we could pick up our league form and go onto win the league. Sadly, we were dogshit for the rest of the season.

David Crawford's goal against Montrose, from the edge of his own box, was obviously pretty special. Most goals against Montrose are quite scenic. Simon Murrays first senior goal against them was great and any Bobby Linn goal against them too.

Can't really think of much scenes against us tbh, but seen a few as a neutral. The Derry during the 3-1 win last April was unreal. Got free tickets for the United end and got a great video of the Derry after Heffernan's goal. Both Hemmings goals against United in the last Derby were good, ended up a good 4 rows from my seat after the second one.

I'd recommend giving @Limbs_AOTS a follow on Twitter if you're a fan of #scenes

Playoff up at brechin definitely, two late goals after scoring an o.g. to go behind. The equiliser was complete mayhem and there are no words for the winner.

Airdrie fans breaking our crossbar because they died

Best Scenes On TV

Ross Perry chucking it and fucking off because Dundee United were dishing out telts.

Liverpool v Alaves UEFA cup final.

I've asked about it before, there was some late winner involving Raith or Airdrie or something, scored in the goal to the left of the camera. Stand is only half full, but decent scenes. There's some dude charging down the stairs as happens in scenes, only this time he's literally dragging some poor unfortunate child behind him.

Ring any bells? Got a link? Think it might've been on the home team's official website.

• Going 2-1 up at Ibrox with ten minutes to go springs to mind of recent times. Not just for the goal and going mental but turning round to see the orcs absolutely full of seethe and pretending to be 'held back' by the stewards.
  • The third goal against Killie when we were in the 2nd and won 3-1 in the cup. Having bossed the first half only to go one down I figured it would be one of those games were missed chances cost us but we kept at it and the third goal came while we were still going absolutely mental about a stone cold penalty being dingied. #scenes
  • Kenny Miller's goal against England at Wembley. Was standing next to some teuchter and was near legless by kick off and had some whisky in with me so kept topping up. Leapt up after the goal and, if it were not for that fellow's quick thinking, would have ended up four or five rows infront with a concussion as I managed to come back down and land on the top of the seat infront and went arse over tit but he grabbed me and I hugged him dearer than I would my own mother.

• Don't really focus on them that much but I think seeing a Dunfermline fan dressed as a cow leading the mini pitch invasion when they sealed the 1st division will haunt my dreams for a long time. Beautiful sunny day, they won the league after hauling back their rivals and they brought through a good crowd. Remember at the time being jealous of the b*****ds. Seriously tho'.. .a fuckin' cow costume.

Best Scenes On TV

• When McFadden scored v France I was watching it with three mates in my mate's flat. My pal jumped out of his chair so quickly his jeans fell down and he went right over onto his face. It should have been the funniest thing I've ever seen but we were too busy within our own euphoria to care.
  • Managed to persuade a pub in Finsbury Park to put the Stranraer v Morton game last year on telly but had to take about half a dozen pals, who couldn't give a f**k about Scottish football, in with me to persuade them there was enough interest in it. In a very busy bar, about 100+ people, everyone was more interested in the Man City (I think) game on the other telly and were clearly annoyed that one of the big screens wasn't showing it and was getting dirty looks from folk the entire time. Was too nervous to be too raucous about the game but when Ross Forbes played the pass that led to the 2nd goal the camera, for some reason, stayed on Forbes instead of following the ball. I screamed something about "Follow the fucking game!" or the like at the screen and everyone turned round looking at this weirdo screaming at the telly in the corner when it finally cut to the ball hitting the back of the net and I was going mental while the rest of the pub was like a library.

Hounding Celtic on their own midden was great, but the goal itself was more disbelief, then nerves that our pub-league rabble would Hibs it during the rest of extra-time. It wasn't an enjoyable experience until the final whistle, and then every waking moment since, pointing and laughing at them.

For me, 4:00-6:15 in that game will never, ever be topped as the day of scenes. The final away game, evening kick off with everyone rolling down to Stranraer on the bevvy all day long. That second goal saw the title swing decisively in one moment from being engraved by a fourteen-fingered bumpkin in the home directors' box to resting in its natural home, clinching la decima for The Famous then and there.

Simply glorious.

article-2581116-1C4BED7800000578-726_634

Hounding Celtic on their own midden was great, but the goal itself was more disbelief, then nerves that our pub-league rabble would Hibs it during the rest of extra-time. It wasn't an enjoyable experience until the final whistle, and then every waking moment since, pointing and laughing at them.

For me, 4:00-6:15 in that game will never, ever be topped as the day of scenes. The final away game, evening kick off with everyone rolling down to Stranraer on the bevvy all day long. That second goal saw the title swing decisively in one moment from being engraved by a fourteen-fingered bumpkin in the home directors' box to resting in its natural home, clinching la decima for The Famous then and there.

Simply glorious.

article-2581116-1C4BED7800000578-726_634

Best opposition scenes? Losing at pub league Spartans? ... :D

Involved In:

Caldwell v France

Ferguson v Italy

Was also at the Ukraine game that someone mentioned but can remember much about it apart from being in the front row of the West Stand and being below the pitch so couldnt see a thing.

on TV:

Zidane v England - Free Kick then Penalty to beat them after Beckham had put England in the lead and they were looking very comfortable. No idea what tournament it was.

• Big John Sutton's 90th minute elbow against the sheep to take second on the last day. Absolute bedlam when the ball was eventually knocked over the line.
  • Marc Fitzpatick's 120th minute winner against Hearts at Easter Road in the 2005 League Cup semi. I remember being distraught that we had blown a two goal lead and saw no way back for us. Amazing way to go through with penalties looking certain.
  • Coming from 2-0 down against Hearts in a Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle to draw 2-2. It was our first game after Phil O'Donnell's passing and we had the whole stand that day. Fantastic atmosphere.
  • A special mention for Cammy Bell's hilarious attempt to catch a ball at Fir Park as well.

• Aberdeen fans after they scored their first in a 2-0 win over us in a League Cup quarter the year they won it. They played the majority of the game with ten men and the goal was an absolute sickener.
  • Big John once again but this time for the opposition. St. Mirren's third to come back from 2-0 down against us in a crucial match in 2007. I remember feeling physically sick when the ball hit the net and watching the Saints fans go absolutely mad.

Best Scenes On TV

• Birmingham's equaliser against Bolton to avoid relegation. The celebrations looked absolutely mad in the away end.
  • What was left of the Spurs fans after they equalised for 4-4 against Arsenal at the Emirates.
  • Man City's last gasp title win also looked brilliant to be a part of.

Birmingham's goal:

Stenhousemuir

• David Templeton's senior debut in the 3-2 win over East Fife in November 2005 is probably my all-time favourite Stenhousemuir game. The Warriors were jobbing badly and two goals down before Des McKeown decided to chuck on the 16-year-old Templeton; in half an hour, he set up two goals to draw us level. In injury time, he hit the post before going one better a minute later and placing a cute shot under the goalie to win the game. It was an incredible moment - the fans were going beserk, Templeton's dad was crying and everything was absolutely wonderful.
  • Colin Cramb's goal in the 3-2 Scottish Cup win over East Stirlingshire a month later was astonishing. Stenny were two goals up in the first eight minutes but had two men sent off and were pegged back. Midway through the second half, Joe McAlpine whips in this world-class cross and Cramb volleys it into the net from 12 yards. Tremendous!
  • The Kevin Motion Soccer Special netting the second of his two goals against East Stirlingshire then piling into the crowd was great. I've still got the issue of the Sunday Mail where I'm hugging him.
  • Winning promotion in 2009 via the play-offs after beating Cowdenbeath was the singularly best moment of my time watching the club. It had been a dreadful spectacle (all four play-off matches were crap) but Andy Brand's winning kick was indescribable. There was a pitch invasion and a party in the Wee Bar afterwards. Nothing's come close since.
  • Annan Athletic 2-4 Stenhousemuir in the Scottish Cup might not be the most noteworthy of games but I went off my head when Ross McNeil prodded home the fourth.
  • Stenhousemuir 4-3 Peterhead from earlier in the season was absolutely wild. Once again, the Warriors were performing terribly and found themselves three goals down just before half-time. But Colin McMenamin scored with wonderful strike to drag us back into the game before Jason Scotland's brace drew us level. I lost my head when Kieran Millar slotted in the fourth. The unalloyed high point of an otherwise difficult campaign.

Opposition

• In April 2006, the Cowdenbeath fans packed the terracing for a do-or-die match at Ochilview - if Stenny won, they would have knocked Cowden out of the title race and, probably, go on to seal their first ever coronation; if Cowden won, they would close the gap at the top of the table. Despite Slim Jim Mercer heading the Warriors in front, Dougie Hill equalised immediately before Liam Buchanan gave Cowden the advantage. Cowdenbeath dished out a battering and it was 1-2 going on 1-12. At the end of the match, the Cowden fans were going wild. I remember watching their players doing a warm-down at the end of the match and waving to supporters on a double-decker bus parked on the scrubland behind the ground; I was heartbroken. Cowden won the league, Stenhousemuir didn't.
  • A couple of weeks later, Stenny jobbed to Queen's Park to put a further dent in their title bid. Stevie Canning scored a lovely goal in injury time to win the match and Mick Dunlop jumped into the opposition fans behind the goal. That was pretty cool.
  • Heading to Ibrox to watch Stenny take on Rangers on Armed Forces Day might have been the most surreal experience of my life. It didn't matter that we lost 8-0 - during the parade at the interval, a bunch of squaddies making their off the pitch piled into the Blue Order. It was just absurd watching these lads bouncing about. Bilel Mohsni scored an overhead kicked and jumped into the soldiers sitting adjacent to us in the Broomloan Stand. Just a weird day, and not in a good way.
  • I went to the seismic clash between Partick Thistle and Greenock Morton at Firhill in 2013 and it was one of the best atmospheres I've been in - the place was red hot. The game (a dreadful occasion) was delayed by 15 minutes to let in more supporters. I would have loved to have been in that environment for a Stenhousemuir game.

TV

• Most of the great moments have already been mentioned - Sergio Aguero's goal, Manchester United's win over Bayern Munich - but I remember going off my head when John Baird scored the winning goal against Rangers in the Challenge Cup final. An astonishing moment.
  • Sticking with teams getting it up Rangers in the Challenge Cup, what about Greig Spence's goal for Alloa Athletic to knock them out of the semi-final? An incredible comeback. One of the best!
  • I remember popping like a firework on Bonfire Night when Andrei Arshavin scored a stunning goal for Arsenal against Barcelona in the Champions League. Samir Nasri played a nice centre to the edge of the penalty area and Arshavin just passed it into the net. One of my all-time favourite Arsenal goals.

I've asked about it before, there was some late winner involving Raith or Airdrie or something, scored in the goal to the left of the camera. Stand is only half full, but decent scenes. There's some dude charging down the stairs as happens in scenes, only this time he's literally dragging some poor unfortunate child behind him.

Ring any bells? Got a link? Think it might've been on the home team's official website.

Pretty sure that was us vs Ayr.  They won that day to go 3 points clear with 9 games left, and celebrated winning the league.

We won 8 from 9 and won it.

We were two evenly matched teams in every way - oh how times change.

Pretty sure that was us vs Ayr.  They won that day to go 3 points clear with 9 games left, and celebrated winning the league.

We won 8 from 9 and won it.

We were two evenly matched teams in every way - oh how times change.

Thanks, found it!

Goal at 3:25, bloke with his kid in the staircase to the left of the goal :lol:

Archived