Airdrie Relocating

No way will Gartcairn move in to New Broomfield.  Airdrie can't really afford to play there (though there doesn't seem to be another viable option), no way would Gartcairn be able to.

Do Glasgow City still play there and if so how can they afford it?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did they come to own it?did airdrie build it and sell it on or have they always been tenants?

this is maybe a stupid question but how do you make money out of a football stadium?is there office space that gets rented out?they surely can't make much from airdie or the glasgow wifies team.

maybe not that stupid a question as nobody seems to know.

Really don't think building another stadium is a realistic option unless we were sharing with the Rovers then you might get permission from the council probably somewhere in Coatbridge.In any case i don't think TW has a spare 10 million.He probably could redevelop Cliftonville for 50% or 51% of the ground but that is a non starter for most of us.

So at the end of the day I think it's the stadium company who are in the strongest position and I'm pretty certain well be playing there for as long as we have a team.

The stadium owners may want 3 or 4 million or even more for the Airdrie Stadium they are taking in vast majority income  apart from the gate receipts. If TW is able to offer 2 or 3 million to buy the current stadium, building a smaller stadium with 2,000 stand may be a cheaper option and would also mean the income coming in from new stadium would go to airdrie fc not the owners of the stadium. The possibility of moving to coatbridge is maybe not so crazy anymore airdrie could offer buy share ownership in gliftonhill and also renovate the stadium.

If tw has 2 million he wants to spend on Airdrie then why the f**k is he going to spend it on a ground? It fits nowhere in his 'get promotion , establish and maybe with a bit of luck develop a handful of decent young players' plan.

If tw has 2 million he wants to spend on Airdrie then why the f**k is he going to spend it on a ground? It fits nowhere in his 'get promotion , establish and maybe with a bit of luck develop a handful of decent young players' plan.

Exactly! His job position would be to get the best deal he can for his assetless fitba company and leave stadium crowd to do their thing

If TW has 2 or 3 million!? I think I've entered the twilight zone. I cannot see anyone building or investing in football stadium at the moment. He's already propping us up going by his comments at the Q&A

Absolutely he will be. But he knew the situation before taking over. There's no way a full time football model sits with where we are at this point in time (or likely to be in the near future). Not that anyone can't see that I'm sure.

Not sure what this is all about. At the Q and A the Chairman made it clear that we would be playing at the stadium for the foreseeable future. I think this thread is another piece of mischief making now that the "agent running Airdrie" rumour has been killed off.

When questioned as to the wisdom of going full time he said that 16 full time players and 8 apprentices would not cost all that much more than the wage bill at the start of this season. He said that there was a common misconception as to how much a rank and file full time footballer was paid.

Not sure what this is all about. At the Q and A the Chairman made it clear that we would be playing at the stadium for the foreseeable future. I think this thread is another piece of mischief making now that the "agent running Airdrie" rumour has been killed off.

When questioned as to the wisdom of going full time he said that 16 full time players and 8 apprentices would not cost all that much more than the wage bill at the start of this season. He said that there was a common misconception as to how much a rank and file full time footballer was paid.

Even as a part time team we need subsidised based on figures quoted. If he can afford to back us and is willing to do so (without jeopardising the future of the club) then great though. As I say, in sure he knew the gates and cost of stadium rental before getting involved.

First part why spend 2 million, well why say he is willing to buy the current stadium at a reasonable price ( which would cost i would think excess 2 million). Fits no where near get promotion- the aim was not automatic promotion. 

If TW has 2 or 3 million!? I think I've entered the twilight zone. I cannot see anyone building or investing in football stadium at the moment. He's already propping us up going by his comments at the Q&A

Again why say he would he be willing to sit down with stadium owners and make offer to buy the current stadium, current stadium i would believe would be excess 2 million to buy.

Provided the new Chairman can strike up an good working relationship with the stadium company then there is no need for any debate on this subject, plenty of clubs rent their stadiums from landlords, some have better relationships than others,  Unsettling the owners with alternative plans or unsettling the club with unreasonable rent increases should be avoided, establishing a good long term plan will benefit everyone

Gartcairn couldnt afford the stadium in a zillion years.

There is no way on earth TW would think of moving the club. Even if there is a game of politics going on between him and stadco over the price of matchday rent I'd see a middle ground emerging.

When tbm speaks sensibly then he speaks wisely. the above being a good example of that. 

I think I will pour a glass of the gin you're having while we listen to the theme tune from that popular sci-fi series!   

Again why say he would he be willing to sit down with stadium owners and make offer to buy the current stadium, current stadium i would believe would be excess 2 million to buy.

Whilst your intentions as a fan are good Cooper believe me your proposals are unrealistic and won't happen whilst the club is in its present condition. 

Sounds like a minimum wage job....

Sounds like a minimum wage job....

100%. Pay peanuts get monkeys. We saw that under Ballantine at the end of the full time days then. I know we're going with youngsters this time but there's a risk the same applies. And we need some decent experience. Hopefully we'll get it - but again it comes with a cost.

Archived