Airdrie Relocating

Peter hetherington Sam Greene and his wife own stadium own stadium and AFC you say foreseeable future have tw and stadium owners agreeded to next season yet I don't think they have.

The chairman said at the q+a that Airdrie were at the stadium for the foreseeable. It's a long term deal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter hetherington Sam Greene and his wife own stadium own stadium and AFC you say foreseeable future have tw and stadium owners agreeded to next season yet I don't think they have.

I'm taking it that Paul and Peter Hetherington are the same person

The stadium is owned by a private company, Excelsior Stadium Ltd, and the club will be playing there for the foreseeable future. That's all you need to know. End of.

how did they come to own it?did airdrie build it and sell it on or have they always been tenants?

this is maybe a stupid question but how do you make money out of a football stadium?is there office space that gets rented out?they surely can't make much from airdie or the glasgow wifies team.

The stadium owners should do decent thing take decent offer for the stadium and let Airdrie progress.

Starting a strong rumour that they'll be moving, leaving the stadium owners with a crippling loss in revenue (and hence they may as well sell whilst the offer's there) would be one way around it.

Shame they don't move though, as Airdrie is beaten only by Clyde in the Premier League of S***e Away Days. 

Starting a strong rumour that they'll be moving, leaving the stadium owners with a crippling loss in revenue (and hence they may as well sell whilst the offer's there) would be one way around it.

Shame they don't move though, as Airdrie is beaten only by Clyde in the Premier League of S***e Away Days.

Are you having a laugh I have been to brechin and seen a cow behibd your main stand.

The reality is when you don't play brechin etc some of small stadiums are nice to visit however when you visit them regular i would rather go to Hamilton as for broadwood it used to be hated for open corner where blew a gale not because of the stadium but because of the wind.

The reality is when you don't play brechin etc some of small stadiums are nice to visit however when you visit them regular i would rather go to Hamilton as for broadwood it used to be hated for open corner where blew a gale not because of the stadium but because of the wind.

The reality is, Clydes is a soulless, plastic, empty Lego stadium, exactly like Airdries and Livingstons.

I'd be willing to bet 99 out of 100 fans would rather stand in a Brechin, Annan or Stenhousemuir than sit in a Hamilton, Hampden (QP) or Starks Park.

The reality is, Clydes is a soulless, plastic, empty Lego stadium, exactly like Airdries and Livingstons.

I'd be willing to bet 99 out of 100 fans would rather stand in a Brechin, Annan or Stenhousemuir than sit in a Hamilton, Hampden (QP) or Starks Park.

Airdrie's ground is nice, although too big for their needs, but my main gripe would be its too far away from the town centre.

I must be getting old but does no one else remember the bad effects on the level of support we had when we had to played at Broadwood for several years .It is hard enough to attract fans to home games in your own town at this level but no one has a desire to travel any distance to out of town home games..

I can assure you this is not stirring the shit it is an option that is being considered .

If the agreement that Ballantyne negotiated is about to run out then I suppose TW can do what he likes. One thing he would have to factor in though would be the hit on crowds. Reckon 400 tops maybe as little as 300.

Airdrie's ground is nice, although too big for their needs, but my main gripe would be its too far away from the town centre.

Well said Airdrie stadium is nice but when club struggled to get land where we are the now is the best we could get but I feel if stadium was in centre of town we would generate a bigger gate.

I must be getting old but does no one else remember the bad effects on the level of support we had when we had to played at Broadwood for several years .It is hard enough to attract fans to home games in your own town at this level but no one has a desire to travel any distance to out of town home games..

I think if that was to happen again I think tw is type who would provide buses for the supporters.

If the agreement that Ballantyne negotiated is about to run out then I suppose TW can do what he likes. One thing he would have to factor in though would be the hit on crowds. Reckon 400 tops maybe as little as 300.

Our fans went nuts when it was rumoured a few seasons ago about going gliftonhill now hear some fans says would be happy going their. I think tw can do a few things made stadium owners offer which he feels is his best offer if they reject find land in Airdrie where could build small stadium but in time build it up as we progress. Right now stadium owners get good rent money and I think they also make money of advertisement boards food drink etc force their hand if they don't budge build a couple thousand seater stadium if we get promoted add a stand. Yes if stadium owners dont sell its going cost us Money but in long term it's a better financial decision. Also if stadium owners dont sell could be decision they regret as could give them a bad name and also do Airdrie fans think stadium owners keep the stadium clean and in good condition I dont think they do also they already have gave themselves a bad name for charging the school for using car park if stadium owners care about club get on board if you are not name your price for Airdrie stadium and be reasonable. Stadium owners think will have decision make soon.

Archived