Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being at the game today with the St Mary's school I was effectively a "neutral " as I usually spend most weekends following Bo'ness United. Andrew Dallas imo had absolutely no handle on the game at all and could easily have taken control but knowing his form from refereeing Junior matches previously I wasn't surprised by his poor judgements! Following in his father's footsteps in more ways than one unfortunately!

Sadly St Mirren's Jim Goodwin was another disappointment, a player with his experience should be showing more decorum on the pitch. A player with his experience and lengthy career, it was a disgrace to see his conduct and not pretty to watch on any level.

All that aside, we would like to thank the Falkirk FC fans around us in the main stand for making us feel so welcome as we had a great afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed the match, even my hubby, who is not a huge footy fan but is rethinking his Saturday afternoons!

Jim Goodwin staying in our half to tie his laces after St Mirrens second to time waste made our 3rd even sweeter imo. The man should just retire at the end of the season. Complete and utter thug.

Deserved win. St mirren were never really in it. Their only good player mallan pushed them to what would've been a good draw but our hard work pulled through. Onto Tuesday

I am not going to slag players off IMO The ref had no handle on the game from start to finish and that let the players really do what they wanted . Certainly he had to be stronger from the start and more consistent . As the game went further he looked lost . 

Good luck the Falkirk in the play offs, would like to see you's getting promoted. I think over the season they deserve it.

One thing though, some of their fans need to stop acting like actual bairns.

Enjoy the victory and relax.

I believe it's £500K then reduced to £250K the following season

Grant's certainly not a dirty player. His tackle on Mallan in the first game in Paisley was probably his worst tackle in two seasons with us - and even that was more mistimed than anything

Was he the guy that put McMullan out of the game for weeks as well?

Pretty sure Mark Kerr was very fortunate to stay on the pitch that day too.

Didn't see yesterday's game, but I've seen a lot of us obviously and I think we are far from a dirty team.

Maybe yesterday was a one-off, no doubt in the same way Falkirk kicking Saints off the pitch in the first game was a one-off........

The only two I saw going over the score were Watson and Goodwin. Hippolyte made Watson look stupid with a quick turn early doors and left him standing, after that Watson made sure Hippolyte wasn't getting past him again by putting the boot in or diving (hilariously). Goodwin was just pure thuggery - made a beeline to take Hippolyte out shortly after he came on and battered through Kerr and Taiwo after that. There were a lot of other hard tackles on both sides but they were pretty fair.

As to the game I thought we bossed the first half but St Mirren came into it in the second, mainly through Mullan. Could just have easily finished 3-1 to us if McHughs shot had gone in, but St Mirren broke upfield instead and equalised.

Incidentally, what happened at Hippo's goal? Looked like he took a few touches and scored before the linesman put his flag up.

Incidentally, what happened at Hippo's goal? Looked like he took a few touches and scored before the linesman put his flag up.

Think Baird was onside but hippo wasn't. Either one could've got to the ball.

However due to the refs being incompetent morons it's probably just a massive f**k up.

It was obvious St Mirren seen Hippo as the danger, Goodwin's first foul was against him of which Hippo said he expected it as St Mirren tried to kick them off the park when he played against them with Livvy, Goodwin got him back then. Bairds foul on Hippo was as professional as you get, i've just watched it again and it doesnt get any better on 2nd view, how he never got booked for that was pure madness, Goodwins foul was a close second, Falkirk highlights also showed the Goodwin foul on Taiwo, which coudlve been also a booking and the worst one on Kerr couldve been a straight red as he lead with his elbow/fist and knew what he was doing. 

Hopefully Hippo isnt too injured to make the starting 11 on Tuesday, he is gonna be a big player in the upcoming games.

Mallan's second goal was a classy finish is the one plus point I can give St Mirren

Watched the FTV highlights back.

Definite mistake from Baird for our first, not getting enough on his header and flicking the ball over everyone allowing Miller with the easiest task to score.

We failed to add to our lead with the chances we had in the first half and St Mirren's freekick opportunity comes from a quick kick out by Langfield from our corner. It goes in on Rogers side so he really has to save it.

The equaliser almost seemed to make us angry, as Miller forced Langfield in to a great one handed save on the line followed by Vaulks crashing a header off the post. Alston also got in to a really dangerous position on the byline and McHugh - who made a real impact when he came on - headed us back in front moments later from Kerr's cross.

We kept looking for a 3rd to kill the game and St Mirren caught us again on the counter attack with a well worked goal. As soon as Leahy missed his tackle we were short on numbers and Mallan had a fairly easy task of rolling the ball home from 18 yards.

Some of St Mirren's tackling was also highlighted and they can count themselves extremely fortunate to have finished with 11 men on the park.

You always got the feeling we were going to get a chance to win it and when McHugh dragged his shot wide with the goal gaping with a few minutes to go I thought that would be it. The team showed tremendous bottle to carve out another chance and get the winner though, good play by McHugh, slipping it to Miller who squared for Alston to knock home. #scenes 

Guest Back Post Misses

Watched the FTV highlights back.

Definite mistake from Baird for our first, not getting enough on his header and flicking the ball over everyone allowing Miller with the easiest task to score.

We failed to add to our lead with the chances we had in the first half and St Mirren's freekick opportunity comes from a quick kick out by Langfield from our corner. It goes in on Rogers side so he really has to save it.

The equaliser almost seemed to make us angry, as Miller forced Langfield in to a great one handed save on the line followed by Vaulks crashing a header off the post. Alston also got in to a really dangerous position on the byline and McHugh - who made a real impact when he came on - headed us back in front moments later from Kerr's cross.

We kept looking for a 3rd to kill the game and St Mirren caught us again on the counter attack with a well worked goal. As soon as Leahy missed his tackle we were short on numbers and Mallan had a fairly easy task of rolling the ball home from 18 yards.

Some of St Mirren's tackling was also highlighted and they can count themselves extremely fortunate to have finished with 11 men on the park.

You always got the feeling we were going to get a chance to win it and when McHugh dragged his shot wide with the goal gaping with a few minutes to go I thought that would be it. The team showed tremendous bottle to carve out another chance and get the winner though, good play by McHugh, slipping it to Miller who squared for Alston to knock home. #scenes

Did you notice Alex Cooper standing like a statue when Alston nipped in front of him at the winner? Good lad

Archived