Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open your eyes the only possible reds were Hypo for a second yellow, Goodwin for a second yellow after a soft first and a very slight possibility of one for the Falkirk players deliberate handball for the foul that led to our first goal.

There can't be too much doubt that the ref was a disaster today for both sides. Missing fouls all over the place and overreacting to normal tackles.

I think St Mirren were much more physical in their play and as the ref wasn't reigning them in it got more physical as the game went on. They were obviously trying to wind Hippolyte up who did well not to react for the most part. Not sure Goodwins card was soft to be honest but I don't think there were any straight red tackles or anything like that.

I stand by everything I said. Lee Miller has made a very good career of screaming and falling down, he took his goal well and I wish we had someone like him in our team, he and the squealing fans made the difference today.

The ref has to be stronger, if he had been then it would have been a better game, and the footballers on both teams would have been allowed to play.

You're a fuckin nutter if you really think the ref or his assistants did anything positive for us today. I lost count of the amount of times lee Miller had two arms around him holding him back. Anyway, have a nice night.

For me what summed up the ref's performance was when Miller got absolutely clattered in the middle of the park, nothing given, the play went on, perhaps 10 seconds later Hippolyte was chasing down a loose ball over the defence, running by the St Mirren player, who realised this and went down doing the full dying swan...and Dallas actually gave them a freekick.

The Falkirk support went absolutely tonto  :lol:

Does Alex Rae have a involuntary spitting compulsion?

Quinn and Shankland were up to every niggle you could get up to main stand sideline, you wouldn't be able to see that from the away stand, before Goodwin came on & gave the foul away for the goal, cheers Jim.

Hippo does go down easy, but apart from his deserved booking he was taking some abuse today. 

Dallas, please tell me there isn't another offspring that could do any more damage?!

Guest Back Post Misses

Thanks for your opinion son, other people who were also at the game disagree with you.

Some have stated it in this very thread. Perhaps you're better talking about it with them...?

Son behave

Goodwin is a shadow of his former self when he was a hard but useful midfielder...he's completely fucking done & made a cock of himself...time to torn it in jiimbo...biggest hacking we've took all season & the smugest I've been to see a last minute goal...Alston drifts in & out games but most of the time he's there when it counts

Well done to Falkirk and good luck in the playoffs. Like many, yous have taught us a lesson this season.

Alex will need to have a good summer to have us challenging next season, problem is I don't know if we'll have the same sort of budget without the parachute payment. Do you get 500k then 250k the season after? Or is it just 500k?

As for Goodwin being a thug, yes he is but the boy Grant isn't far off!

I believe it's £500K then reduced to £250K the following season

Grant's certainly not a dirty player. His tackle on Mallan in the first game in Paisley was probably his worst tackle in two seasons with us - and even that was more mistimed than anything

I believe it's £500K then reduced to £250K the following season

Grant's certainly not a dirty player. His tackle on Mallan in the first game in Paisley was probably his worst tackle in two seasons with us - and even that was more mistimed than anything

We may have to sell Mallan to make up for a bit of that then, I hope not as he's a match winner (not today obviously).

I'll take your word for it but I've noticed fans of different clubs single him out, I don't mind that side of the game as long as nobody is badly hurt.

For me what summed up the ref's performance was when Miller got absolutely clattered in the middle of the park, nothing given, the play went on, perhaps 10 seconds later Hippolyte was chasing down a loose ball over the defence, running by the St Mirren player, who realised this and went down doing the full dying swan...and Dallas actually gave them a freekick.

The Falkirk support went absolutely tonto :lol:

The Falkirk support went absolutely tonto all game and that was my point.

Well done to Falkirk and good luck in the playoffs. Like many, yous have taught us a lesson this season.

Alex will need to have a good summer to have us challenging next season, problem is I don't know if we'll have the same sort of budget without the parachute payment. Do you get 500k then 250k the season after? Or is it just 500k?

As for Goodwin being a thug, yes he is but the boy Grant isn't far off!

Grant? What position was he playing today?

Archived