Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

Thanks for your opinion son, other people who were also at the game disagree with you.

Some have stated it in this very thread. Perhaps you're better talking about it with them...?

Enjoying the Championship as much as you thought you would? :lol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyable game.

We started really well with everything going through Hippolyte who had a great game despite being kicked all over the place.

As soon as we scored we did what we do every week and stop pushing forward, inviting St Mirren onto us. They scored 2 good goals, was impressed with their midfield especially Mallan.

I thought we'd blown it at the end but Alston came up with the winner to put us in a great position for Tuesday night.

Hibs are closer to Raith than Falkirk now :)

Lex vs BPM. What a meeting of minds. Obviously pining for the heady days of the P&B derby.

I always felt we carried more of a goal threat when we were on top. That and some of the quite cynical fouls that were committed by St Mirren were the only differences between the two sides.

Nice to finish the season with 10 points and 9 goals off the Buddies.

Smurn were undoubtedly the dirtiest team I've seen all season, and in the end got exactly what they deserved. Andrew Dallas was a complete fucking joke. Entertaining game though.

I like that lineup, it feels a lot more balanced that having Sibbs out wide. Kerr was simply awesome today, didn't waste a ball. I think we have to start McHugh instead of Baird though.

I thought the Falkirk fans were the difference their constant whining influenced a poor ref to give them so many non fouls, ably assisted my Lee Milller falling over and screaming at the slightest touch. How Goodwin was booked for his first foul is a mystery why Hypo did an identical foul and doesn't get the second yellow he deserved is also a mystery.

Having said that after his booking Goodwin put himself in some difficult situations and I think only Dallas realising he had cocked up his first booking saved him.

Clear foul on Baird in the lead up to the winner but Dallas chose to ignore it again.

Having said that Falkirk had everything to play for and our season finished a few weeks ago so all in the defeat isn't too surprising.

I thought the Falkirk fans were the difference their constant whining influenced a poor ref to give them so many non fouls, ably assisted my Lee Milller falling over and screaming at the slightest touch. How Goodwin was booked for his first foul is a mystery why Hypo did an identical foul and doesn't get the second yellow he deserved is also a mystery.

Having said that after his booking Goodwin put himself in some difficult situations and I think only Dallas realising he had cocked up his first booking saved him.

Clear foul on Baird in the lead up to the winner but Dallas chose to ignore it again.

Having said that Falkirk had everything to play for and our season finished a few weeks ago so all in the defeat isn't too surprising.

A warning for us all - don't do drugs kids.

St mirren have some decent players. If they focused on the football more than the fouling they would get on far better. The two worst games I've seen all season in terms of elbowing and holding have both been against St mirren. The ref was a disgrace and I'm saying that after we won

😆

GIRUY

Oh my  :lol:

Amazing ;)

I stand by everything I said. Lee Miller has made a very good career of screaming and falling down, he took his goal well and I wish we had someone like him in our team, he and the squealing fans made the difference today.

The ref has to be stronger, if he had been then it would have been a better game, and the footballers on both teams would have been allowed to play.

Archived