Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shortage of action and incident in that came!

Nice to win at the death rather than throw points away as usual. Officials were as bad as you would expect and Goodwin is a parody of an over the hill clugger, retire now and stop embarrassing yourself.

Are the Falkirk fans booing a crippled Keith Watson off the pitch? :lol:

He did the best to cripple Hippo all day, by the way Hippo came on limping with an ice pack, job nearly done, how he was never booked I will never know.....

It was a good game today, plenty plus points, few negatives. Im sure Dallas didnt know how to book St Mirren players, how the likes of Webster and Watson escaped a booking in the first half and took until the last few mins for Webster was complete madness, on another day Webster couldve been sent off for the challenge on Miller, one of the many elbows into his head and Goodwin for his wild punch at Kerr, very much unlike an Alex Rae team to have a thug element.

Baird wasnt at the races today and I thot Alston was quiet, Miller, Kerr, Vaulks and Hippo the pick for me today, Taiwo deserves a mention too, but I think he tired in the last 10-15 mins.

I hope Hippo is fit for Tuesday, he took a hell of beating today, the tackle by Baird at the tail end of the game was pure thuggery on him and he didnt even get booked for it.....onwards and upwards with a visit to Easter Road on Tuesday

Lot of Bairns whining about Goodwin.

What did he do?

Edited to add: and Baird, Webster and Watson.  God what a team of thugs we must be.

We did have two players needing to leave the pitch last week for blood injuries after elbows by Stokes; yet no cards for Mr Stokes, and not even fouls given.  The two players were Baird and Watson, so maybe the ref thought it was fair treatment of two such clearly thuggish players  :rolleyes:

FT 3-2

Sounds like we were a bit unlucky to lose in the end, oh well. Always going to be hard when you have nothing tangible to play for and the other side does.

Great to see young Mallan back amongst the goals. He had went 3 full games without scoring today...Just the 13 for the season for the young midfielder now.

Is it next season yet?

You were never unlucky to lose son.

There surely can't be any excusing the way Goodwin conducts himself on the pitch. I'm sure there would be a temptation to if he brought anything positive to the table but today was just embarrassing for St Mirren.

Great game though. I doubt we would have won if Goodwin hadn't turned up the heat with his fouls on Hippolyte and Kerr. Mallan was good and took his goals well even though I thought our defence was all over the place. We should have dealt with the long hoof that led to the free kick and everyone switched off for the second.

Dallas really reminded me of his Dad the way he insisted on engineering methods to take centre stage.

Plenty of twists and turns left. Been a great season to be a Bairn.

Lot of Bairns whining about Goodwin.

What did he do?

Something the vast majority of Falkirk fans have never seen any of their players do...

jim-goodwin-4x343-861572.jpg

post-1545-0-16356800-1364482190.gif

The three points going to Falkirk was justice done, St.Mirren deserved nothing from the game.

I think I'm in love with Mark Kerr, what a season he's had for us. Wasn't convinced when we signed him but he's been excellent.

I was and you were actually 2nd best for 80% of the game son.

Thanks for your opinion son, other people who were also at the game disagree with you.

Some have stated it in this very thread. Perhaps you're better talking about it with them...?

Brilliant result. Especially considering what happened with Alloa/Hibs.

Thought Vaulks, Kerr and Taiwo were all brilliant. Thankfully Houston took Baird off when he did. As has been said previously he just wasn't at the races today and I felt Bob McHugh made a real difference.

Don't think anything else can be said about how bad Dallas was. And as for Goodwin! Was he trying to get himself sent off?!

Archived