Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 9/4/16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this after missing the game yesterday. Hibs midweek game vs Livingston is irrelevant to how we approach this game at 3 points in a must.

Rogers

Muirhead Watson McCracken Leahy

Alston Vaulks Kerr Sibbald

McHugh Baird

Hippolyte, Miller and O'Hara on from the bench

St Mirren are a plucky side who will no doubt make it a stuffy game as they've attempted in our previous meetings this season. I'd like to see Sibbald through the middle to try and unlock what will be a packed defence.

St Mirren are a plucky side who will no doubt make it a stuffy game as they've attempted in our previous meetings this season. I'd like to see Sibbald through the middle to try and unlock what will be a packed defence.

Plucky

Lol

St Mirren are obviously a better away team, tho with Alex Rae winning 4 home games, he surely wont be far away from the best home record for a St Mirren manager at home at the new ground.

St Mirren will be dangerous, not buying the nothing to play for as players will be playing for contracts/futures and league places mean more cash.

What is the likely St Mirren away game plan/formation

Alex Rae seems to be a good match for St Mirren, funny how things work out. I dont mind Alex if I can put on the Rangers blinkers with him, he was part of our team way back when we had a few characters, he was one of them

We are 4-4-2 now no matter who we play home or away.

Must admit the thought of Alex Rae being our manager cheesed me off, from what I heard of him on Clyde 1 he sounded like your generic ex old firm thicko but he has surprised me and a few saints fans.

Can't wait till he can build his own squad in the summer.

Must admit the thought of Alex Rae being our manager cheesed me off, from what I heard of him on Clyde 1 he sounded like your generic ex old firm thicko but he has surprised me and a few saints fans.

Can't wait till he can build his own squad in the summer.

I'm the same as you. I was extremely sceptical when he was appointed, based on his media contributions and lack of discernible managerial record.

However he's completely won me over. He's a very articulate guy and is also tactically astute, and he's surprising the hell out of me anyway. I'm a big fan, although I'm still convinced he'll fall out with someone which will lead to an acrimonious departure in the future. Just a feeling.

I'm still convinced he'll fall out with someone which will lead to an acrimonious departure in the future. Just a feeling.

Can't help but feel like that's already happened with a certain cup-winning captain (albeit the departure you refer to is clearly going to be Goodwin's).

I'm the same as you. I was extremely sceptical when he was appointed, based on his media contributions and lack of discernible managerial record.

However he's completely won me over. He's a very articulate guy and is also tactically astute, and he's surprising the hell out of me anyway. I'm a big fan, although I'm still convinced he'll fall out with someone which will lead to an acrimonious departure in the future. Just a feeling.

Aye he has won me over. He sounds completely different from his Clyde 1 days , pandering to idiots on that show must grind you down ha.

Not going to get carried away but the foundations have been laid for progress next season. 

Can't help but feel like that's already happened with a certain cup-winning captain (albeit the departure you refer to is clearly going to be Goodwin's).

The fans have been screaming out for a fresh start from top to bottom. We can't have it both ways sadly, personally I think Goody has a lot to offer at this level but we have been getting results without him. A few months ago I couldn't imagine us playing without him in the team but it can be done, he was never going to be around forever.

I think it's obvious there has been problems in that dressing room in the past and it has cost a few managers their jobs, I don't think AR is the type of guy to let anyone compromise his position? 

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

I love Goodwin, but there has been something fundamentally wrong in the dressing room since Craig's appointment: not only was Craig terrible, but bringing in Teale and Goodwin as assistants clearly didn't work, especially given Goodwin was eventually demoted. It also seemed to put Thompson's nose out of joint, too. Teale was handed a nigh-on impossible job in frankly bizarre circumstances (took too long to confirm he was the boss, we had the takeover crap circulating, we lost Kenny and he was left trying to manage a squad wrecked by two disgruntled senior players).

All in all, it was a disastrous set of decisions/appointments and it's been hard to shake the idea that the dressing room has been rotten since then.

It's tough because Thommo and Goodwin are legends in my eyes, and in the eyes of most fans, but I desperately hope we'll be moving on without them next season.

Clearly excitement is at fever pitch for this contest.

I'm looking forward to it, we really need a good win as by all accounts we've not been our best lately (2nd half of the Rangers game aside). Need to make sure the game is tied up before the 85th minute or terror will ensue. Is Hippolyte back for this game? I'd like to see him starting on the left and either dropping Sibbs or Miller from our usual team.

Clearly excitement is at fever pitch for this contest.

Makes you realise how shit this division was before the playoffs were introduced.

This really ought to be a formality for Falkirk, though I don't believe it'll be a big win. 2-0.

Allegedly if the season had started when we appointed Rae we would be second top (I cannot be arsed confirming this). The turn round has been pretty remarkable. However most weeks we are playing pretty shit but still pick up points which is good. Last week against Hibs was certainly a better display football wise. Looking forward to next season but this one is a washout. It will be a close game tomorrow. Either a draw or a win by either team by 1 goal.

Archived